PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season

Osirun

The third annual PowerUp tournament is here! We promise improvements over last year's experience and even more good times. Save up your travel money and those sick days because from April 13 - 15 you should be no where else but at Arcade Legacy for PU2012.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arcade Legacy
The Cincinnati Mall - 600 Cincinnati Mills Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45240
513-874-8766 (current #)
arcadelegacy@yahoo.com

DATE
April 13 - 15

REGISTRATION

Online Pre-Registration is live! It will end at 12:00am, April 9, 2012.

Pre-registration ensures that you are seeded away from others in your city, and that you do not have overlapping pools.*

For the most up to date PU2012 news please go to the PowerUp Facebook and Twitter pages.

Event Badge
$30 – PowerUp Online Store / By Phone (Call Arcade Legacy, ask for Jesse)
$40 – In-Person Emergency Registration

Spectator Badge
$15 – Online / In-Person / By Phone

To view the most up to date registration listing, please go to the PU2012 Online Registration Listings page when online registration becomes available.

GAMES
SSFIV:AE ver. 2012 - $20 - Xbox 360
UMvC3 - $20 - Xbox 360
MK9 - $10 - PS3
SFxT - $10 - Xbox 360
SCV - $10 - PS3
T6 - $20 - PS3
KOFXIII - $10 - PS3
VS - $10 - Cabinet
ST - $20 - Cabinet

PAYOUT
We are changing things up a bit with our payout scale. Big thanks to Keits for the work he did on the UFGT7 payout scale because it is the basis for the PU2012 scale.

Click Here to view the Payout Scale

And for those coming in 1st Place, never fear! The PowerUp Bonus Structure is here! At the 50-entrant level we'll begin taking $2 out of each tournament entrant's venue fee and putting it toward bonus money for 1st Place in that specific tournament. At and above 50, multiply the total entrants by 2 to get the bonus amount.

SCHEDULE
The following schedule is subject to updates once our Exhibitions are finalized. This is only one of the improvements being made at PU2012; big thanks to Keits for his excellent scheduling example from UFGT7.

I encourage all PU2012 participants to print a copy of the schedule for their use at the event. A compressed version of the schedule will be printed on the back of all registrant nametags.

PU2012 Event Schedule

For Registration Policies, Exhibition info, Pool Assignments, Special Features, Food info, Hotel info, Stream info and the Rules please go to either the PowerUp Event Details page or the PU2012 SRK Thread.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I wanted to make the official PU2012 thread here on TRMK and invite you all to attend this EVO 2012 Tournament Season event.

While MK9 is our primary focus this year, I can guarantee that we will have the UMK3 cabinet out and plenty of time on Friday and Sunday to run a side event for it.

I hope MK in general has a strong showing at PU2012!

Whoa who said anything about competeing :mrgreen:?

Maybe, I was planning on spectating. But my new years resolution is to attend sometype of tourney

You should compete just because. If you go 0-2 great, you still contributed to the pot and are helping the MK kommunity, and you will most likely learn a lot.

If I could, I would go. But I live too far away, it'd be to expensive to buy plane tickets and pay for a hotel just for a tournament, and besides, I'm gonna be having classes, maybe even exams on these dates.

Thanks for all the quick feedback! I understand that sometimes event travel is just out of the question, but if you can't make it there is always the stream to watch! MK9 will have guaranteed stream time on both Saturday during pool play and for Sunday finals.

We'll have more concrete details on our stream coming in the next few weeks. Just have to confirm the attendance of the stream production team!

I'll be at this one.

This will be the first time all the midwest's top players have been at the same tournament.

Last edited:
Osu, I'm curious.

You're famous for using Kitana but do you have any other characters in your pocket?

Osu, I'm curious.

You're famous for using Kitana but do you have any other characters in your pocket?

I think that will be answered here at PowerUp 2012 when we have what will be one of the best MK9 exhibitions ever witnessed.

FYI peeps, PowerUp 2011 was the very very first official MK9 tourney ever. :reddy:

I am extremely excited to finally announce that PowerUp is teaming with Focus Fire to provide our equipment for this year’s event. This is the last major upgrade to PU2012 that will address those four big issues we had last year:

Spoiler:
Problem: It’s cramped in here!

Solution: Arcade Legacy is moving to a new , larger venue.

Problem: I had to wait forever for my pools!

Solution: Pool scheduling, pool assignments, and personalized pool schedule.

Problem: I wanted more food options!

Solution: The new Arcade Legacy is in a mall, right next to the food court and the movie theater.

Problem: The setups weren’t that good and there weren’t enough!

Solution: Focus Fire!!

Focus Fire has been developing a fine reputation with the fighting game community, and PU2012 aims only to further that goal while providing the absolute best we can for our attendees.

See you all at the event!

Osu, I'm curious.

I'm 100% dedicated to Kitana as my only serious character but that doesn't mean I can't play surprise characters for fun exhibitions. I played Kratos at Fighter x Shooter(it was a disaster lol).