PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season

Finally, its revealed! So with any further ado, I give you....MK SURVIVAL!

(taken from Mr Osirun himself!)

Happy to continue to see activity and interest in here! MK community is always amongst the most hype : )

Speaking of hype, the much hinted at Mortal Kombat exhibition at PowerUp 2012 has been revealed! We have a hype banner, a format, and as you all know the team members are being determined as more and more confirmations of attendance roll in. [prebreak]Click here for more[/prebreak]

All the following information pertaining to exhibition rules is also posted in the OP, which is found here:http://testyourmight.com/threads/ap...2012-tournament-season-cincinnati-ohio.13510/

MK-Survival_Exhibition_Banner.jpg

Mortal Kombat: Survival - Friday @ 9pm
Spoiler:

For now, MK:Survival is being planned with 2 teams in mind.

Each team has 5 players. Each player selects 4 different characters from the roster to play.

Goal: Eliminate the other team's characters.

The crowd selects which 2 players will play each Best 2/3 match.

The players who are playing will blind pick from their selected roster of characters to start the Best 2/3 match.

Rules:
- Each team is only allowed up to 3 duplicates of a single character.
- The loser of a game may switch to another one of his selected roster of characters to continue the Best 2/3.
- The character that lost the final round of a Best 2/3 match is eliminated from the losing player's selection of 4, leaving him with only 3 characters to select, and so on until that player is eliminated completely.
- The crowd cannot select a player who lost to play again (unless he is the final surviving team member).
- The crowd cannot select a player who won to play again more than twice in a row (unless he is the final surviving team member).

I would like to concisely explain the reasoning behind the format choice for MK: Survival. Showing off roster variety is, I feel, essential to keeping MK an entertaining viewing experience. Variety in selection also helps new players feel more at ease with the game's balance and encourages them to learn more about characters and game systems. Roster variety also helps keep things fresh for veteran players.

The reason I want to include the crowd as a driving force in the exhibition is to be inclusive and give them more of a stake in what is happening, rather than being only passive observers (as happens in most exhibitions). I am looking forward to the show myself and will definitely be cheering for all the players involved.

Make sure if you are going to PU2012 to please post here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/power-up-2012-player-list.14214/

Ladies and gentlemen, PowerUp 2012 is right around the corner. If you plan on attending please hop on the PU2012 group rate at the Hampton Inn as soon as possible, because in only 3 weeks the group rate will no longer be available! The rate will expire on March 21st, so please don't get stuck without a good rate on your hotel room for the weekend.

Things almost never seem to stop getting better for PowerUp 2012, as we will now be shifting the event to the vacant store next door to Arcade Legacy within the Cincinnati Mall.

What does this mean? Well for one we're going to have a huge amount of additional space, and now Arcade Legacy will be fully open to all PU2012 tournament players and spectators for the entire weekend! As long as you show the Arcade Legacy staff your PU2012 Lanyard, both tournament players and spectators will be able to have fun in Arcade Legacy for free the entire weekend, Friday - Sunday! For free I say!

Check out our official event trailer! Big thanks to Kameron Davis for his hard work on it.

Only 5 days left to pre-register online for PowerUp 2012!

Pre-registration ends at 12:00am, April 9th.

If you choose to wait and register in-person, please understand the following:

Emergency In-Person Registration runs from 9am, Friday, April 13th until 9:30am, Saturday, April 14th. Check the PU2012 schedule for more information.

Emergency In-Person Registration will cost $40 Venue Fee, and you will not be seeded by region or by skill in any games that you choose to enter. Absolutely no exceptions.

Register now!

Remember that you can also register by calling Arcade Legacy: 513-874-8766

I really want to attend one of these things one day.
It wont be soon, but it will be sometime in the future.

My dream shant escape me :mad:

@back,back,back,low punch: I hope you go to an event soon! They are tons of fun. It would be great to have you at PU2012, but no worries : )

Details for the PU2012 Raffle have been revealed! Learn more by reading the official announcement.

I am proud to announce that Autumn Games, publisher of Skullgirls, will be providing cash bonuses to Top 3 and a custom FoeHammer arcade stick to 1st Place for the Skullgirls tournament at PU2012!

Check out the pictures of FoeHammer's excellent work by going to the PowerUp website.

Only 2 days left to pre-register online for PowerUp 2012!

Pre-registration ends at 12:00am, April 9th.

If you choose to wait and register in-person, please understand the following:

Emergency In-Person Registration runs from 9am, Friday, April 13th until 9:30am, Saturday, April 14th. Check the PU2012 schedule for more information.

Emergency In-Person Registration will cost $40 Venue Fee, and you will not be seeded by region or by skill in any games that you choose to enter. Absolutely no exceptions.

Register now!

Remember that you can also register by calling Arcade Legacy: 513-874-8766

@Aldo Moreno: While you may not be making it to PU2012 in person, I still encourage you to tune in to Mortal Kombat: Survival on Friday night and MK9 Top 8 on Sunday!

Pre-Registration has closed, but you can still utilize Emergency Registration in-person from 9am, Friday, April 13th until 9:30am, Saturday, April 14th.

Safe travels to all, and see you at the event!