Forum Awards 2011: The Winners

VBulletin actually has an option where medals can be put under your avatar stats with the description of what the award was for. I mod another forum and we have this in effect. Unfortunately, Pat wasn't able to find it in the options.

When it came to the polls that you guys were able to vote on, a lot of people voted, so it wasn't as if people didn't notice the awards were going on, as they took the time to rush to the section when the polls were up, but they were nowhere to be found when the nomination thread was up. People look there a lot, I see you guys do it all the time, lol, but maybe people didn't want to fill out the nom list because they don't know many people, didn't want to take the time to read fanfics/look at art, or just plain didn't feel like thinking of names for each category.

I think one of the problems with this awards was that there were far too many art related categories.....we should have more MK related ones, if we do it next year.

lmao

I think, though, it was really geared more towards the art/writing crowd more than anything. I noticed that the people who did vote, a lot kept those sections blank. If we do it next year, I would personally like to see more MK related categories. I think that would get more people interested. Plus, this is an MK forum, but the awards make it seem like an art forum, lol.

Nothing wrong with having awards for art/fanfics, but I think it should just be one for art and one for fanfic, as opposed to having multiple art/fanfic categories. Too much MK, non-MK, hand drawn, digital....ehhh, really didn't need to put that much focus on it, imo.

lmao

I think, though, it was really geared more towards the art/writing crowd more than anything. I noticed that the people who did vote, a lot kept those sections blank. If we do it next year, I would personally like to see more MK related categories. I think that would get more people interested.

Nothing wrong with having awards for art/fanfics, but I think it should just be one for art and one for fanfic, as opposed to having multiple art/fanfic categories. Too much MK, non-MK, hand drawn, digital....ehhh, really didn't need to put that much focus on it, imo.

I agree with you on that too Jade. A bit much on the art categories for sure.

Yea, I too agree we had a bit too many sections for the art and writing, which was also apparant by majority of the people leaving those nominations blank. But at the same time, I think it represented all the writing and art works in the forum and also the main reason I suggested those was that comparing digital art to hand drawn art, short fictions to long ones etc really did not make much sense. The bifurcations as MK and non MK was mainly to ensure almost all the good artwork and fiction gets a better shot at the awards, but it kind of ended up being too much lol.

I really thought the same enthusiasm people showed when Jade announced the forum awards would be also seen in the nomination thread, but save for a select few, everyone's nominations where incomplete in one way or another. If people are so enthuastic for the awards they should also contribute at the same time by atleast filling up all the nominations with good judgement and taking a bit their time off and going through various threads.

I didn't nominate some things because I honestly couldn't answer them. I sat at my seat trying to think of people who hadn't been nominated. I mean I looked up EKS for best beard just because I wanted to nominate someone who wasn't up yet. Same for jinko on sexiest male i just picked someone who wasn't picked yet that I felt should be in it.

When it came to some other categories someone either already nominated or I couldn't think of anyone else.

Thats my defense, granted I was like the second one to post but I wasn't the second one to decide.

It's reaaaaaallly hard work to do these as well. When I was posting all the nominations you guys chose in the mod lounge so the others could make their choices, I had 3 screens open at all times....one for the nomination thread so I could post all the people nominated for each category, one for my post in the mod lounge, and one was for searching for the fanfics/art and posting the links. It took HOURS to put it all together. All that work doesn't seem worth it if only a select few would be interested.

@Jade:It must have taken incredible patience setting up everything, I can only imagine. Just compiling the art stuff was really frustrating for me lol. :laugh:

@CL - Reasons like those are quite understandable, I too would left some of them blank if I felt everyone who was worthy has already been nominated but it was quite frustrating to see people not even nominating/ or leaving some blank (probably due to laziness) intentionaly when the same people were the ones jumping up and down when the awards were announced.