Forum Awards 2011: The Winners

There are a lot of helpful peeps in here, but I personally feel it would have been a crime not to give Best Helpful Member to Jade.

If it weren't for her, I'd still be Bruce Norris Forever :razz:

I won multiple awards? Thanks to everyone who participated, won, and voted, but most of all... Thanks to the mods who set this all up.

And now for my victory speech!

Oh god

no

This is such an honour, I just... I can't explain to you all how grateful I am. To be in this stage, accepting this award... And all of you cheering me on! It's something I never dreamed I'd experience. And I owe it all to you TRMK! I could never have done it without you.

But before I accept this trophy, I just want to thank everyone who's loved me, supported me, and been nice to me over the years. My family... My friends... And Canada! I love you all so much, and...

(prologue over)

Who wants to see the other 873 pages?

I think next year, every category except poster of the year should be a public vote.

It just seems like the entire forum should vote on funniest member, best fan fic, best art etc.
Not just 5 people.

I think next year, every category except poster of the year should be a public vote.

It just seems like the entire forum should vote on funniest member, best fan fic, best art etc.
Not just 5 people.

Wasn't the point of letting 5 people choose was to avoid people voting for friends ect?

Quite a few people didn't even care for the awards until people mentioned that only the mods would vote.

Wasn't the point of letting 5 people choose was to avoid people voting for friends ect?

Quite a few people didn't even care for the awards until people mentioned that only the mods would vote.

Then why are they called the forum awards if all we do is nominate?
Mod Choice Awards (hosted by Jack Black) would be a more fitting name.

Not bashing by any means, just saying that it doesn't make much sense for 5 peeps to be the voice of 50.
And some may vote for their friends, that is inevitable, but it is also rare. Only a select few circle jerkers would do so.

Tab's Revision Story kicks ass, but Flyman's story is unstoppable.

I gotta agree with BBBLP

Only the more popular members mostly vote and most of us aren't biased (I think :laugh:).

This is such an honour, I just... I can't explain to you all how grateful I am. To be in this stage, accepting this award... And all of you cheering me on! It's something I never dreamed I'd experience. And I owe it all to you TRMK! I could never have done it without you.

But before I accept this trophy, I just want to thank everyone who's loved me, supported me, and been nice to me over the years. My family... My friends... And Canada! I love you all so much, and...

(prologue over)

Who wants to see the other 873 pages?

Last edited:
Next year you never know what kind of people we'll have by then.

It might work this time around because I trust 95% of the members we got now to vote relatively honestly.

Why fall back to a possible way for it to become more meaningless? As sky said before in the original thread for this. It would end up being a popularity contest.

Doubt next year we'll have a bunch of people because MK doesn't have any big plans for next year. But if this is gonna be reoccurring I'm iffy on having everyone vote on everything.

But this is my opinion.

Not sure if we will have awards next year, considering this was the feedback that was given when I posted the poll asking who would be interested in forum awards:

Yes 53 89%
No 13 11%

......yet only a little more than a handful of people took the time to actually participate in it (by picking their nominations).

The point of having the mods choose most is because you guys wont be honest with who you REALLY think should win and will choose people you are 'tight' with. The mods took the time to actually type up paragraphs (yes, paragraphs) discussing why we chose who we chose. It was fair and examples were given to back up our choices. It wasn't just 'yeah, this guy'. It's just natural for people to choose their friends, so don't take what I am saying the wrong way, but it's also unfair, and we didn't want people to win when there was a more deserving candidate in the list who has done a better job of earning an award. We wanted people to really be recognized for the great posts they do here, not just have someone win because they are popular. Defeats the purpose, really.

There are some things in the list that I think would be a better fit for members to pick but it just happened that most of the categories you guys wanted were member vote friendly and we didn't want that for the entire list for the reason I gave above.

This isn't to say that we wont have awards for sure next year, it was just disappointing that not many people posted nominations. The awards aren't for the mods, they're for you guys, so, if you want them, people gotta show interest, lol, or it just kinda seems like a waste.

Is there a way that like the mods could put a private message in every member's folder about the awards next year? Then more people will know about it, causing more nominations.

Or put it on the front page as news?

Cause maybe it just wasn't popularized enough. :neutral:

Just giving suggestions.

Sucks that there can't be awards issued for winning cause of the audience lol

I agree with Jade 100%. There's just no way this would come out right without any problems if we voted on all awards. I want the Oscars, not the friggin' People's Choice Awards.

Shirayuki has a point too though about the marketing level. This wasn't exactly posted in a high-traffic section.