The Official Team Battle Thread Jan 2012- Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flagg

Welcome everyone to the Official Team Battle Thread!

Rules

As you are aware, this tournament will run like a miniature league consisting of 6 teams:

Team EU: cactus flagg (Cpt), pink i zeppelin, fr stack, shura30, Ufle, komegak
Team Canada: GutznG0re (Cpt), i MoFaT i, Dinky, Cosmic, RIPCrowley
Team Virgina: Treadmill, Beatdownmao88 (Cpt), Travokane, Mikemetroid
Team Texas: Luxu1 (Cpt), Squirrelpion, Tama Tones
Team "Dirty" South: imme224 (Cpt), BUDD THA GREAT, Wushu Fighter, MoveZero
Team USA: n9195v, Zoidberg747 (Cpt), Th3UnKn0wN1n3, THE JOHNNY ROOK, EdgarINC

GameTags and Time Zones:

Saix: GT BeatDownMao88, Virginia, EST
Flagg: GT cactus flagg, England, GMT
Kanye West: GT Th3UnKn0wN1n3, Texas, CST
Treadmill: GT Treadmill1150, West Virginia, EST
Travokane: GT Travokane, West Virginia, EST
Mike Riazy: GT Mikemetroid, Pennsylvania, EST
PinkZeppelin: GT pink i zeppelin, Belgium, CET
iVital: GT imme224, Georgia, EST
buddthagreat: GT BUDD THA GREAT, Tennessee, CST
n9195v: GT n9195v, New Jersey, EST
Zoidberg747: GT Zoidberg747, Texas, CST
fr stack: GT fr stack and roley jones, Ireland, GMT
Shura: GT Shura30, Italy, CET
MoFaT: GT i MoFaT i, Ontario, MTZ/EST
STBShujinkydink: GT STBShujinkyDink, British Columbia, PST
GUTZnGORE: GT GUTZnG0RE, Ontario, MTZ/EST
Cosmic: GT Cosmic eclipse, Canada
Luxul: GT luxu1, Austin, CST
Squirrelpion: GT squirrel 1571, Austin, CST
Tama Tones GT: , Austin, CST
Tesus Jits: GT TooDamnClean, Mississippi, CST
Ufle; GT: i Ufle i , Italy, CET
The Johnny Rook: GT THE JOHNNY ROOK
RIPCrowley: GT ripCROWLEY
Edgar Inc: GT TOS Nerdd
MoveZero: GT MoveZero
OmegaK: GT KomegaK, England, GMT

Each team has a captain, and it is the duty of the Captain to contact the other team Captains to arrange a time to meet on the scheduled dates which are as followed:

Round 1: Jan 4th (Wed)
Team Virginia 16 vs Team Texas 2 (Virginia wins)

Jan 5th (thrs)
Team EU 23 vs Team USA 22 (Draw)

Jan 6th (fri)
Team Canada 8 vs Team Dirty South 10 (D. South wins)

Round 2: Jan 8th (sun)
Team USA 4 vs Team Texas 14 (Texas wins)

Jan 9th (mon)
Team Canada 32 vs Team Virginia 16 (Canada wins)

Round 3: Jan 13th (Fri)
Team EU 10 vs Team Texas 6 (EU wins)
Team USA 0 vs Team Canada 18 (Canada wins)

Jan 14th (Sat)
Team Dirty South 0 vs Team Virginia 15 (VA wins)
Team Dirty South 6 vs Team EU 3 (D South wins)

Round 4: Jan 15th (sun)
Team Virginia 26 vs Team EU 24 (Virginia wins)
Team Texas 1 vs Team Canada 11 (Canada wins)
Team Dirty South 8 vs Team USA 4 (D South wins)

Round 5: Jan 19th (thrs)
Team EU 3 vs 42 Team Canada (Canada wins)
Team Virginia 25 vs Team 2 USA (Virginia wins)

Jan 21st (sat)
Team Texas 8 vs Team Dirty South 4 (Texas wins)

Round 6: Jan 22nd (sun)
Team Dirty South 0 vs Team Canada 6 (Canada wins)
Team Texas 5 vs Team Virginia 19 (Virginia wins)
Team USA 20 vs Team EU 28 (EU wins)

Round 7: Jan 26th (thrs)
Team Virginia 7 vs Team Canada 26 (Canada wins)

Jan 28th (Sat)
Team EU vs Team Dirty South (D South no shows, EU wins)
Team Texas 0 vs Team USA 0 (Draw)
Team Virginia vs Team Dirty South (D South no shows, Virginia wins)

Round 8: Jan 29th (sun)
Team Texas 5 vs Team EU 4 (Texas wins)
Team Canada 24 vs Team USA 12 (Canada wins)

Round 9: Feb 2nd (thrs)
Team EU vs Team Virginia
Team Canada vs Team Texas

Feb 4th (sat)
Team USA vs Team Dirty South

Round 10: Feb 5th (sun)
Team Canada vs Team EU
Team USA vs Team Virginia
Team Dirty South vs Team Texas

How you meet up is down to you, and I would suggest making either a Lobby or inviting everyone to a XBL party and going from there.

These dates are subject to change due to people possibly having other arrangements but you need to notify the other team or myself within 48hours of that date to change. Not everyone on a team is required to be present during a contest, but at least one person must be present otherwise the other team is awarded the maximum amount of points they could have won.

Tournament codes such as 001, 101, 900, 234 and 666 are allowed.

The tournament is run on a points system like so:
Win 2-0 = 3 points
Win 2-1 = 2 points
Loss 1-2 = 1 point
Loss 0-2 = 0 points

At the end, the total amount of points won is divided by the amount of matches played to give your team an average score. Hence "points won/matches played = final score"

Each team member will play the other teams players each, once, in a best of 3. At the end everyone needs to tally the individual scores and add to have a combined aggregate total. This ensures that one team doesn’t have a advantage in terms of numbers over another team that is smaller. So PLEASE make sure everyone keeps an exact score of how well they did. Remember, you will have to play every player on the other team once in your team battle encounter.

Please be mindful of timezones. Team EU for instance will likely have to play all their matches late at night their end, so please, if you are on EST, don’t announce that you guys will be on around 8pm, because that will be about 2am their time, which is completely unreasonable. This also applies to teams who have players with different time zones to each other.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reserved for League Table:

Attachments

• MK Team Battle League Table.JPG
    MK Team Battle League Table.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
So Flagg, would you guys be able to do 6:00 pm CST? I know that is around midnight in your guys timezone. If not that the earliest I could personally do it is 5:00 CST(Around 11:00 your time). Let me know.

So Flagg, would you guys be able to do 6:00 pm CST? I know that is around midnight in your guys timezone. If not that the earliest I could personally do it is 5:00 CST(Around 11:00 your time). Let me know.

Most of my team mates I play with on a regular basis and they are all mostly night owls like me, are usually up till quite late. I'll let them know about that time and it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Looks like our Barakas are clashing again...

Team Canada,

I am asking for a reschedule in the event that I might not come home early enough on Thursday the 8th.

First battle between Virginia and Texas takes place tmo!

Mike, I have chatted with MoFaT and that date change should be ok for his team.

A little nervous for our first match, what do you guys do to calm down and play beyond your normal playstyle? =/

Well I haven't played this game for about 9 days and I've been plowing thru people tonight.

There was some confusion on my part and i've re-added Johnny Rook back to Team USA. I thought he could not enter but I misunderstood what he said so he is back in.

EDIT: Zoid, speak to your team mates and let me know if you can do 5 pm CST or 6pm CST. The earlier one would be better for us, as that's around the midnight mark for my team.

Last edited:
Ok so let me get this straight...

For example, round 1: you only need to fight 1 person from the opposing team, and tally your wins vs said opponent. You can fight more opponents of that opposing team if available that round. Round 2 and so on it is the same stipulations, at least fight 1 person that team. Is that right?

Ok so let me get this straight...

For example, round 1: you only need to fight 1 person from the opposing team, and tally your wins vs said opponent. You can fight more opponents of that opposing team if available that round. Round 2 and so on it is the same stipulations, at least fight 1 person that team. Is that right?

Here is an example:

Team USA: iVital, Budd, Johnny Rook, n9195v

Team EU: cactus flagg, shura, fr stack, pink zeppelin, ufle

You will have to play each of us once in a best of three games. Depending on how well (or bad) you do, you will be scored. Say for instance that the outcome of your fights is this:

JR vs cactus flagg = 2-0 to you

JR vs Shura = Shura wins 2-0

JR vs Zep = you win 2-1

JR vs Stack = Stack wins 2-1

JR vs Ufle = Ufle wins 2-0

Now, based on the score rating system in post one, you get 3 points off me, 0 points off of Shura, 2 points off Zep, 1 point off of Stack and 0 points of off Ufle. This gives you a grand total of 6 points, from playing us. All of us will have to do this each against your team, and each of your team mates will also have to do this. At the end, all the points of your team mates are added up to give you a grand total and likewise for us. This method ensures that a smaller team can get just as many points off of a larger team and vice versa.

So as you can see, the emphasis is on winning and not dropping any of your best of 3 games, to get maximum points. Remember, it is best of 3 games, not best of 3 rounds. So, just for you, you could potentially play 10-15 games against my team. Same for the rest of your team mates. I'll have a mic for the night if there is any confusion.

Where it says "Round 1" and then the matches, that's just what i've referred "Week 1" to.

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.