The Official Team Battle Thread Jan 2012- Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im dropping Baraka online from now on. It is just stupid how 3 out of 4 blade charges come out as an uppercut or d2(i.e free combo).

My Kano is coming along and so is my Sindel. Maybe ill try Baraka once against Canada, who knows.

Great games VA! Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

Here's how the fights went

(CAN) GUTZ(2) vs Treadmill(0)
(CAN) GUTZ(2) vs Beatdown(0)
(VA) GUTZ(0) vs Mike Metroid(2)
(CAN) GUTZ(2) vs Travokane(1)

(VA) Cosmic(1) vs Mike Metroid(2)
(VA) Cosmic(0) vs Treadmill(2)
(CAN) Cosmic(2) vs Beatdown(1)
(VA) Cosmic(1) vs Travokane(2)

(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Beatdown(0)
(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Mike Metroid(0)
(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Treadmill(0)
(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Travokane(1)

(VA) Crowley(0) vs Treadmill(2)
(CAN) Crowley(2) vs Beatdown(0)
(CAN) Crowley(2) vs Mike Metroid(0)
(CAN) Crowley(2) vs Travokane(0)

Totals:

(CAN)=11
(VA)=5

I felt completely schooled playing team canada....I'm pretty upset but not in the mad way, just feel like there is so much I need to fix and change.

Great games VA! Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

Here's how the fights went

(CAN) GUTZ(2) vs Treadmill(0)
(CAN) GUTZ(2) vs Beatdown(0)
(VA) GUTZ(0) vs Mike Metroid(2)
(CAN) GUTZ(2) vs Travokane(1)

(VA) Cosmic(1) vs Mike Metroid(2)
(VA) Cosmic(0) vs Treadmill(2)
(CAN) Cosmic(2) vs Beatdown(1)
(VA) Cosmic(1) vs Travokane(2)

(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Beatdown(0)
(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Mike Metroid(0)
(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Treadmill(0)
(CAN) Shujink(2) vs Travokane(1)

(VA) Crowley(0) vs Treadmill(2)
(CAN) Crowley(2) vs Beatdown(0)
(CAN) Crowley(2) vs Mike Metroid(0)
(CAN) Crowley(2) vs Travokane(0)

Totals:

(CAN)=11
(VA)=5

I got a win against shujink....it was 2-1 his favor. Also I don't understand your scoring.

You still play Jade?

yea but I was just talking to rook how I don't understand how people don't block all of her stuff. I play ranked and run in to a few people that will literally block every thing I do, and they should because everything is slow as hell!!! Yet somehow I beat them with shadow kick pressure to stay close. Part of me wants to drop her just because of everything is slow and most strings can be poked out of. Only thing she has going for her is ex glow, and even then I wonder if it's worth it.

She just has a unique and fun way of playing her which is why I can't drop her and it's very hard for me to push myself to learn someone I don't have much interest in. Jade and Sektor are my mains, but can't really push myself to try and master others. Yes I've pretty much dropped jax and only use him when messing around.

yea but I was just talking to rook how I don't understand how people don't block all of her stuff. I play ranked and run in to a few people that will literally block every thing I do, and they should because everything is slow as hell!!! Yet somehow I beat them with shadow kick pressure to stay close. Part of me wants to drop her just because of everything is slow and most strings can be poked out of. Only thing she has going for her is ex glow, and even then I wonder if it's worth it.

She just has a unique and fun way of playing her which is why I can't drop her and it's very hard for me to push myself to learn someone I don't have much interest in. Jade and Sektor are my mains, but can't really push myself to try and master others. Yes I've pretty much dropped jax and only use him when messing around.

I'm about to sleep soon perhaps we could talk about your specific problems tomorrow and I'll help you. I play ermac now but jade is still one of my top characters. And I know what you mean by "slow". I'll explain some of my gameplan maybe you can incorporate some.

I'm about to sleep soon perhaps we could talk about your specific problems tomorrow and I'll help you. I play ermac now but jade is still one of my top characters. And I know what you mean by "slow". I'll explain some of my gameplan maybe you can incorporate some.

Look forward to it and hope I can incorporate it, I don't want to sound ****y but I've played the top tym jade's and didn't find them a challenge or anything mind blowing.

Kano has sort of the same problem. Except his upball pretty much takes care of that, will catch a lot of people off guard.

And for the record your Jade is pretty damn good man, I would stick with her. There are times where matchups and character tools will decide the match though.

Canada had 31, Virginia had 17...counting my win against shujink....

1.9 for Canada
1.1 for va.

Shujink only lost one fight which was when he picked Stryker against Travokane.

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood... You are right, I must have heard wrong.

Last edited:
Taking into account Treds 1 win against Dink the score was Canada 32, VA 16

Final score, 2pts for Can, 1pt for VA.
Sounded like an epic encounter, however VA still top of the table due to their dominant win over Texas.

I'll update the Table when I get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.