Resident Evil 1-5 and everything in between =)

Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

I was like 7 years old, leave me alone lol.

Lol, it is alright, RE3, even more action packed was one of the most terrifying games I have ever played... I would have been...14. It was scary for me back then.

God I hate RE5, I want tank controls back and tight corridors.

I don't hate RE5, I think it's a swell game.

But in conjunction with where the series is heading Johnny I can see your point. as RE5 was 100% not-scary. It was a great action game IMO. But when it comes to getting scared not so much.

I do not even think it was a great action game, when you had to stop and shoot. It works with fixed angles but not when you are supposed to be sprinting and you can not see what is behind you. I agree with 76% of the IGN posters saying that RE5 should have never carried the RE title. Just name it something else and it would have been some other shovelware.

I don't hate RE5, I think it's a swell game.

But in conjunction with where the series is heading Johnny I can see your point. as RE5 was 100% not-scary. It was a great action game IMO. But when it comes to getting scared not so much.

You know what was my favorite part of RE5? The demo. When you beat a level you get that screen that says "FEAR YOU WONT FORGET"....Really? Cause I wasn't scared at all when I played through it at midnight on release day. The only creepy part was with the Lickers and that wasn't even bad at all. I knew they were going to break the glass and come at you so there wasn't any point in being quiet the whole time. But anyways! This is a RE3 thread. Skip almost 10 years later if you wanna talk RE5 :p

Nikolai was a great side villain. Anyone that's Russian with grey hair must be an ******* lololol.

I really don't like the way they are making Nemesis look in O:RC. He's skins all smooth and they make it seems likes he's a robot. They are making him like how he was in the shitty RE movies.
largeAnimePaperscans_Resident-Ev-35.jpg

I still want that Nemesis Type-2 action figure.

If you mean this guy:
images

That's a different tyrant then Nemesis. You run into him in RE2 in scenario B.

You know what was my favorite part of RE5? The demo. When you beat a level you get that screen that says "FEAR YOU WONT FORGET"....Really? Cause I wasn't scared at all when I played through it at midnight on release day. The only creepy part was with the Lickers and that wasn't even bad at all. I knew they were going to break the glass and come at you so there wasn't any point in being quiet the whole time. But anyways! This is a RE3 thread. Skip almost 10 years later if you wanna talk RE5 :p

Nikolai was a great side villain. Anyone that's Russian with grey hair must be an ******* lololol.

I really don't like the way they are making Nemesis look in O:RC. He's skins all smooth and they make it seems likes he's a robot. They are making him like how he was in the shitty RE movies.
largeAnimePaperscans_Resident-Ev-35.jpg

um no, you actually can skip them if you're quiet enough lol. Aka walking really freaking slowly. (Maybe not that specific glass part memory is foggy)

You remember that hallway that had them walking in circles on the ceiling? I walked through that whole part w/o having to fight one.

Of course the gold/money they drop is worth fighting them so I went back to kill them anyways.

anyways this is RE3 thread. lets talk RE3

I never tried to kill Nemesis during the first few fights. Because once I realized he kept coming back. I decided to just keep dodging him until he gave me a break.

I got you this instead bro.

51J8jlMnG3L.jpg

But yeah, that demo actually had me...kinda not pumped at all, actually I did not want to buy it to begin with, but I eventually did. I want to see a return of the CV gameplay, it was more like a hybrid of both.

um no, you actually can skip them if you're quiet enough lol. Aka walking really freaking slowly. (Maybe not that specific glass part memory is foggy)

You remember that hallway that had them walking in circles on the ceiling? I walked through that whole part w/o having to fight one.

Of course the gold/money they drop is worth fighting them so I went back to kill them anyways.

anyways this is RE3 thread. lets talk RE3

I never tried to kill Nemesis during the first few fights. Because once I realized he kept coming back. I decided to just keep dodging him until he gave me a break.

Well I never played RE5 that much to really care to be honest haha. I platinum'd it then I kinda just stopped playing it for awhile.

When I play on Hard mode on RE3 I always try to kill Nemesis, the weapon parts can come in handy. But the past few times I've played it I didn't bother with it. I just ran away.

If you mean this guy:
images

That's a different tyrant then Nemesis. You run into him in RE2 in scenario B.

Lol no, I'm not talking about Mr.X. In this trailer his skin looks all smooth but in the actual RE3 game he has ****ed up looking skin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJBRoohdHLc
It's not THAT big of a deal really, it just bothers me just a tiny bit.

That crazy that I've downloaded this game off the PS Store (free for PS+) and I have yet to play it...

I really didn't play any RE games because I was too petrified of them.

Hunk's quotes has me hyped in that trailer.

Hunk has always been a bad ass.

They scared the crap out of me when I was younger, plus I would get stuck at one part then get agitated and quit..

I know that feel about being agitated. The last puzzle in RE3 made me break a controller cause it was so god damn confusing.
Even to this day I still have problems with this puzzle. **** that puzzle, man.

Nemesis, have you played Amnesia yet? That is the only game I have ever too 'petrified' to play.

I played part of it and it was indeed scary. Maybe I'll play it again someday.

Amnesia didn't scare me at all :\

actually to be honest I haven't been scared playing a video game since Resident evil 1 remake on Gamecube Lisa Trevor OMG.

she has her parents faces as a mask, and her bedroom note..

"True MoM WheRe?
reD iS SquisHy, WhiTe is HaRd

^^^ there was more to it, but you read that note... then BAM IN THE WINDOW OMG!!!

Not to get this thread off of RE3, but Crit, how were you not terrified of Amnesia? This can be discussed in other forums but what does scary define? Suspense is what scares me. Gore, cool, guts, whatever, but that suspense gets me.

oh do I miss RE3. damn you nemsis, I never felt my spine tense up so much in my life. doors did not equal safety DAMMIT lol I remember I was playing 2 before I got 3 to get pumped up for 3's release, I was like 10 mind you. and my one safety cushion was if there are monsters in the room, turn around and exit you are fine.... then damn nemesis knows how to chase you from room to room. got to hear his footsteps, the "STAARRRSS" ugh he sucks hahaha i look back and can't help by laugh at how much that freaked me out. tight hallways, 8 ft tall weirdo with rocket launcher... RUN lol

Disclaimer: that ends RE3 discussion, now RE rant follow up
Once RE4 came out I have been so disappointed with RE games. the over the shoulder action is not scary. Only tension was from the chainsaw guys only cause they had a one hit kill. I hated the Las Plagas concept. it was eerie but not scary. So we are shooting crazies who wield pickaxes, crossbows, and a chainsaw every now and then. I would laugh when one grabbed me and acted as if they were to bite me, what purpose did that serve? the parasite can't be transferred that way could it? felt like a silly threat. and I hated the button crunching parts. that was just annoying, and that the buttons would change made it worse.

then the movies... why do those exist? i liked the first and was quickly done thereafter.

bring back OLD RE

this game is a classic. i liked how there was always the fear of the nemesis showing up and chasing you. good times.

also may i ask why there cant be a thread for all resident evil related topics?? i tried to make a re thread and the mods deleted it. it woul be better than having a thread for re3, a thread for re outbreak, a thread for re umbrella chronicles, a thread for the re movies, and so on. and i i searched many pages looking for one and didnt see one.