MKII 3D Mugen Game coming out in 2012

Shirayuki Mizore

This is the website for it http://www.wix.com/mortalkombat2mugen/home

And these are some renders they have so far:

mortal_kombat_ii_hd___kitana_by_justmkollum-d4ka3x5.jpg

mortal_kombat_ii_hd___reptile_by_justmkollum-d4ka2r2.jpg

mortal_kombat_ii_hd___mileena_by_justmkollum-d4ka4of.jpg

mortal_kombat_ii_hd___scorpion_by_justmkollum-d4ka5bl.jpg

Just looked like something to share on TRMK. How do you feel about it?

Kool I can't wait for it! I want to try! but nothing can beat the tandem of Bleed, badmouse, DEMONSEED, and Mortal_Gorija ..

Hmm...mugen huh? I dunno, unless they can keep the mechanics pretty darn close to MKII I'm not sure if I'll deign to care about this one. I've seen too many MK Mugen mods that just plain stink.

This looks absolutely amazing! I just hope it stays as close to the original game play as possible. Also, glamador!!!!!!!!

This looks absolutely amazing! I just hope it stays as close to the original game play as possible. Also, glamador!!!!!!!!

The FAQ on the website said it will stay close to the game, except shang tsung has a ponytail, Jade and Noob have their own fatalities . .

It looks ok but the chars look to cartoony and not really representing the realism of Mk2. More stoked for the MKHD MUGEN project on here. :cool:

Edit: Also scorpion's spear does not come out of his, he actually throws it, though its not very apparent in the initial MK games.

I'm OK with the characters having more unique looks although I don't like the generic faces as much as what Bleed is doing making his resemble the original actors. Still there's room for more than one fan project. If one wants more stylized artwork they could go for this one.

It looks ok but the chars look to cartoony and not really representing the realism of Mk2. More stoked for the MKHD MUGEN project on here. :cool:

Edit: Also scorpion's spear does not come out of his, he actually throws it, though its not very apparent in the initial MK games.

I think he really intended to make the characters look cartoony. . More like a friendly 3d looking game. . He didn't even said it was a fully detailed 3d . .

whats a mugen?

Mugen is a freeware 2D/2.5D fighting game engine, where you can make your own fighting game ..

Last edited:
I'm sure these renders aren't final products in the game, so I can't be too harsh for now.
So, my opinion thus far on the concept on one of my favorite 2D games turned 3D and these renders are like this: :|
We shall see in the last versions.

I'm sure these renders aren't final products in the game, so I can't be too harsh for now.
So, my opinion thus far on the concept on one of my favorite 2D games turned 3D and these renders are like this: :|
We shall see in the last versions.

Well I guess you're right. . I Raiden in their website and Raiden's cloth is so sky blue. . I think it'll be changed before the release . .