your top games of 2011

rodss

well post your 10 games released in 2011 that you think are the best of this year and why ( i got a sensation you all gonna have in your list a little title call mk9). it doesnt matter what console the games are, they just have to be of this year

my list is:

10. Red Faction: Armageddon (im not a fan of red faction games, i tried this one by a friend and i liked, im know is not the best in the series but still i enjoyed)

9. Rage (at first i didnt really wanted to play this game, cuz of the high espectations i give it a tried and i really got in love with the car sequences, didnt like the ending though)

8. Assassin's Creed: Revelations( i never miss an AC game and this one is not an exception, i could say that this is the best in the series, the only bad thing NOT WITH THIS GAME but with the saga is that is kind of tired to do all the missions)

7. Batman: Arkham City (i enjoyed and beat a lot of times arkham asylum soo i really need to try this out, i know is gonna rock, i only post it in number 7 cuz i only have played the demo, gonna try it out this week)

6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (same with AC, i never miss a call of duty game. This one is the first time i play on console and its pretty amazing, love the story mode, specially the action sequences

5. Mortal Kombat (well, why this shouldnt be in my top ten? i mostly buy a ps3 cuz of this, uncharted and infamous, i really loved every aspect of this game and is still fun to play with my friends)

4. Dead Space 2 (i only tried dead space till this year but im thrilled with the story, the gameplay is very similar to the newest resident evil games but with his proper diferences, really loved this game)

3. inFAMOUS 2 (infamous was a very fun game, this sequel is really similar to it, but better. The story complement the saga, the gameplay improves a lot, o loooots of new details, powers and modes like the missions creations mode. A must buy for ps3 users.

2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (I LOVE STEALTH GAMES, but there is not a lot of good series, i got to be honest by saying that i even never heard the word deus ex, but when i saw the first trailer of this i was like "man i got to try this". in general, the game is an rpg, stealth, FPS, there is many ways to play and a lot to do in this futuristic game.

1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (and this is my final choice, been playing this for 1 day, but i already new that i was going to like this, if you like action third person shooter games with an adventure touch like indiana jones your going to love the action sequences, the multiplayer and coop, the story, the characters and the yougottobekiddingmoments. Only uncharted can to this type of sensations and moments.

soo come on post your top games of 2011

Re: your top 10 games of 2011

I didn't buy much lol so all I gotta say is

2. Saints Row 3

1. Gears of War 3

thats ok my friend!!!!

i got an special mention that i forgot to add:

L.A. Noire (you will never play anything like it, its just very different from the rest, action moments, investigation and a great story)

not sure if these qualify but they were my faves this year. they may have came out earlier
1. Dead Space-finally got around to playing it and i love it. alot of jump scares and really polished. love it, playing with obsidian ps3 outfit!!
2. Limbo PS3- what a creepy atmospheric game. great sound design too
3. Beyond Good and Evil psn- just a classic
4. Dark Souls- hard as hell lol but fun
5. Castlevania Lords of shadow
6. Uncharted 3- who doesnt love UC. great game but 1 and 2 were better.
7. MK9 fun but could have been more balanced
8. Ico/shadow HD - a beautiful art
9. Resident evil 4 HD- gorgeous
10. Resident evil code veronica HD- i can play this over n over i love it

1) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2) KoF XIII
3) Mortal Kombat

I didn't really play anything else released this year, so no top 10 for me.

Last edited:

1)Mortal Kombat
2)The King Of Fighters XIII
3)Trine 2
4)Catherine

Haven't played or liked enough games to have a top 10

maybe a should change this thread to only top games, not top ten XD

^ Changed it =)

1. Batman: Arkham City ~ Lived up to the hype, imo. LOVED that you could play as Catwoman. The only things about the game that I didn't like was having to go to the same places 400 times and having to do so by going around the goddamn facility when you had an urge to just cut through it to get to the other side...also, Wonder City. I get lost in there every single time. **** Wonder City.

2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception ~ As usual, another Uncharted game that blows my mind. I loved the story and the action and, of course, the awesome scenery. Plus, young, hot Sully <3

3. LA Noire ~ Detective movies/books/TV shows/games = my favourite things <3 I really loved the approach this game took and the graphics were stunning. I can no longer watch Mad Men without thinking OMG COLE PHELPS

4. Mortal Kombat 9 ~ Was a little worried about it as first because I am a big time old school 2D MK lover, hated the 3D games (I feel they take away from the game and make it too 'cartoony') but I was beyond satisfied when I played MK9 and it wasn't even close to sucking. They brought back some classic elements while mixing in cool new ideas like X-Rays.

5.Dead Space 2 ~ Dead Space 1 was awesome and I thought 2 was even better. As a die hard Resident Evil fan, the DS series is right up my alley and RE has somewhat lost it's 'fear factor' and the DS series brought it back full force.

6. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds ~ BIG fan of both Marvel and Capcom, own the first two games as well, LOVE this game (and apparently one of the only ones who likes it, lol). Best moment was the announcement of Chris Redfield as a playable character <3

7. WWE '12 ~ I can't have this list without a wrestling game <3 Though the game is basically a template of the SD vs Raw games, it's still fun and the graphics are much better. Coming out as Punk's manager...yeah, I'm wet =)

8. Resident Evil 4: HD ~ Oops, my fangirlism is showing.

^ Changed it =)

1. Batman: Arkham City ~ Lived up to the hype, imo. LOVED that you could play as Catwoman. The only things about the game that I didn't like was having to go to the same places 400 times and having to do so by going around the goddamn facility when you had an urge to just cut through it to get to the other side...also, Wonder City. I get lost in there every single time. **** Wonder City.

2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception ~ As usual, another Uncharted game that blows my mind. I loved the story and the action and, of course, the awesome scenery. Plus, young, hot Sully <3

3. LA Noire ~ Detective movies/books/TV shows/games = my favourite things <3 I really loved the approach this game took and the graphics were stunning. I can no longer watch Mad Men without thinking OMG COLE PHELPS

4. Mortal Kombat 9 ~ Was a little worried about it as first because I am a big time old school 2D MK lover, hated the 3D games (I feel they take away from the game and make it too 'cartoony') but I was beyond satisfied when I played MK9 and it wasn't even close to sucking. They brought back some classic elements while mixing in cool new ideas like X-Rays.

5.Dead Space 2 ~ Dead Space 1 was awesome and I thought 2 was even better. As a die hard Resident Evil fan, the DS series is right up my alley and RE has somewhat lost it's 'fear factor' and the DS series brought it back full force.

6. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds ~ BIG fan of both Marvel and Capcom, own the first two games as well, LOVE this game (and apparently one of the only ones who likes it, lol). Best moment was the announcement of Chris Redfield as a playable character <3

7. WWE '12 ~ I can't have this list without a wrestling game <3 Though the game is basically a template of the SD vs Raw games, it's still fun and the graphics are much better. Coming out as Punk's manager...yeah, I'm wet =)

8. Resident Evil 4: HD ~ Oops, my fangirlism is showing.

thanks and btw nice games you got there :)

4. Rage

Rage was excellent game. The combat was face paced, gameplay was as smooth as eggs and the design was amazing.
Its less than stellar finale is the only thing that keeps it this low.

3. Skyrim

When I first got Skyrim, I thought it sucked. But after a while, I discovered how wrong I was. Too say that Skyrim is a huge game is an understatement in the first degree.

2. Mortal Kombat

Its Mortal ****ing Kombat.

1. Sonic Genrations

May come as a shock to some but Sonic Generations took my expectations, skull f*cked them, flipped them over, ass pounded them, blew them out of the water and proceeded to teabag them. This game truly was the full fledged return of Sonic, along with things that make Sonic great like "Sonic Boom", "Super Sonic Racing", the City Escape level and of course, Vector :love:. The gameplay is beautiful, they took what made Unleashed great and shaved all the unnecessary fur. That is why Sonic G is MY number 1 game of the year.

1. Assassins Creed Revelations- The multiplayer was a huge bust for me but I forgive that for its awesome single player. They finally are learning to fix mistakes.

2. Mortal Kombat 9- Ive played it since March, and even though online is getting boring it still is a great competitive fighter

3. Dead Island- I loved this game, as I am a huge zombie fan. Most people's complaints I ignored because it did not mar the experience for me

4. Modern Warfare 3- Why not, it is a good time waster

5. Madden NFL 12- I hated it at first, but it is growing on me. When someone was running for a touchdown and the announcer said,"He looks like he's running from the police!" I cracked up.

Cant think of any others, dont buy many games lol

I am having a hard time ranking them in the order of most favorite to least favorite, so in no particular order my favorite games of 2011 are as follows;

Mortal Kombat 9
Batman Arkham City
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Uncharted 3
Resident Evil 4 HD
Assassin's Creed series (I know we only got 1 new one this year but I played em all for the first time this year)
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)

You sure are wasting precious time by playing that "new" game :laugh:

Anyway, gotta add L.A. Noire to my list because I love the setting and for some reason the main menu and its music really makes me feel content.

yea good game, i added too, and i have batman arkham city and its really really great!!