The Christmas Present Thread

Will get presents later today, but here's what I bought for others:

Mom: dusting powder/perfume combo she wanted. Will also get her a digital clock she wanted later in the week because her birthday is 12/29.
Wife: Spa day complete with manicure/pedicure since she's about 6 1/2 months pregnant and really can't reach too well at this point.
Mother in law: Bunch of makeup kind of things she wanted (wife bought them, I have no idea of such womanly wares)
Nephews: One has a birthday in December and the other in January, so I got them each a Pens alternate jersey and a $25 gift card to the game store I frequent since having your birthday so close to Christmas sucks sometimes since people tend to cheapass you by buying one present for both.
Nana (wife's gramma): Gift card to her favorite restaurant.
Niece: Baby doll (she's like 2 and spoiled rotten by errybody so there's no reason to go all out since your gift will be outshined by someone else's).

Gonna have the family dinner/present orgy tonight. Knowing my wife's family I'll probably get a gift card for the game store I frequent and/or Gamestop, and a bunch of restaurant gift cards for places I may or may not eat at. My mother in law most likely bought a ton of shizznozz for my not-yet-born son but we won't get those tomorrow because she doesn't want to make my sister in law jealous (she's pregnant too but my wife's the favorite child) *trollface*

Instead of paying the normal $13 or so for my haircut yesterday, I gave my barber the whole $20 and told him to keep the change

I might get a $20 gift card, but that's about it on my end

Well, I won't post what I got LC because I'm sure he'll post later today. We gave the following:

Mother in law - Bath & Body Works stuff and the Blind Side for her Bday (12/27)
Father in law - $30 gift card for Target for Xmas & Bday (12/23) He's hard to shop for.
Sister in law - 22 oz Yankee Candle in her favorite scent and the Blind Side for her Bday (1/15)
Brother in law - Personalized Pickle Xmas Ornament (it's super cute)
Nephew/Godson - A kids CD by Jewel and Tooth Fairy Pillow for his bday (1/8 )
Mom - Bath & Body Works stuff & a Camel Ornament (she collects camels)
Dad - 2 DVDS: Knight & Day and The Guardian movie with Costner & Kutcher
Brother - George Foreman Grill and a sweater for his Bday (1/15)
The dog "bought" everyone a chocolate bar depending on their favorite type of chocolate.

We opened some presents last night so I got 4 DVDs, a 22 oz Yankee Candle (Balsalm & Cedar), and a CD all from LC so far. I have 6 more gifts from him and all the gifts from my family. (Due to an emergency surgery that our nephew had, we won't be doing Xmas with LC's family until New Year's Eve.) So here are the gifts I am stoked about so far:

HocusPocus.jpg

I adore this movie and won a costume contest with my two best friends one year dressing up as these witches. (I was Bette's character.)

GreenDayDookie.jpg

I f*cking love this CD and had it when it first came out in the early 90's...but my mom made me get rid of it because I was like 14, and there is a lot of cursing in the lyrics. So I was STUNNED that LC found it for me. I am SO STOKED to have this CD again.

I'll post again after we open gifts this afternoon with my family.

Last edited:
Goddamn Rita lol

What? :hmmmm: LOL!

We love Christmas and try to get 2 presents for everyone (except my brother in law - LC's sister just got married less than 10 days ago, and we don't know him that well yet)... and we also have a lot of bdays in our families in Dec and Jan.

I got my mom a indoor grill and I got my dad some new work gloves

As for me I got:
The Complete Saga of Star Wars on Blu-Ray
28 Days Later on Blu-ray
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon on Blu-ray
Thor on Blu-Ray
Dark Souls
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Assassins Creed: Bloodlines
The Old Republic
Tekken 6
Tekken Hybrid
Metal Gear Solid HD collection
Skyrim
and Resistance: Fall of man

Last edited:
I got 2 pairs of PJ pants, one that fit me (picked out by my fiancee) and ones that don't.
A 4-pack of NOS, a Toblerone bar and small 3-pack of Ferrero Rocher chocolate
A box of Earl Grey tea
A $25 Best Buy gift-card (though that was a joint gift for my fiancee as well).
From a secret santa thing on another board I'm on, someone got me a Beer Brewing Kit from Brooklyn Brewery (Chocolate Maple Stout + Everyday IPA), organic salsa and a Stone Brewery Co. glass.
I bought for my recipient a Periphery 'School of Djent' crew sweater and some Crystal Head vodka.

I purchased for my fiancee a few volumes of manga for Christmas, because we agreed not to spend much on each other because of tight financial times. I got myself my own present a while ago (King of Fighters XIII). I bought myself a lot of games over the course of December, mostly with trade credit.

I told people not to get me anything and I wish that people would listen to me more often, since a lot of it was 'obligatory thoughtless present'. Presents only mean something when they're from the heart and given with consideration. It's never fun to be reminded that everyone around you except the person you're engaged to would rather you not be around. Needless to say, my other present was a large does of 'ignore and place you in the corner' at Christmas Eve festivities. Next time, I won't bother.

MW3
Charger pack for my 360 controller
Headset
a HUGE pack of original Skittles 8)
3 Pair of Nike black socks :D
A orange hoodie o_o
and Finaly $41 :mullet:

Very thankful and grateful for all of my gifts, especially the socks its fun the slide around the house in black socks :rolleyes:

Okay... I'm back from Round 2 of Xmas presents. I got:

3 more DVDs, 2 more CDs, a watch, some clothes from Lane Bryant, a novel by James Patterson, a Wii Dance Workout game, a camera (joint gift for me & LC), and $75 in gift cards. We still have one more Xmas gift exchange to go to on New Year's Eve so I'll be back again... but not expecting much from LC's parents.

My two favorite gifts from Round 2 are:

AerosmithCD.jpg

As a die hard Aerosmith fan, I already had this CD but alas it was stolen one of the times that my car was broken into... so I was stoked to have this CD back in my collection.

and

20111225001.jpg

I'm just excited to get a new watch. I needed one.

*Xbox 360 320GB Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Console
*1600 Xbox Live Points
*Saints snuggie
*Saints sunglasses
*Saints cup
*Saints gloves
*Two Saints Long Sleeve Shirts

Great Christmas. Now I just have to buy a Data Transfer cable, and I'm set. I'm sort of sad that I now have to retire this, but the extra space and everything that came in the MW3 console bundle more than makes up for it:
206929_10150142809743795_616713794_6517661_6416405_n.jpg

Maybe eventually, I'll customize the MW3 console with a new skin. Likely another MK skin, or Street Fighter.

Hmm... I've already said what I gave, so now I'll list what I've got.

Nintendo 3DS
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Red vs Blue seasons 6 through 9
The Who: Ultimate Collection
Dream Theater: A Dramatic Turn of Events
Five Finger Death Punch: The Way of the Fist
Rush Moving Pictures T-Shirt
3 bottles of cologne
A hygiene travel kit
3 notebooks (for writing)
20 dollars
Leather Gloves