really beginning to hate online

Flagg

Online for MK 9 sucks.

I mean, what's new? It's not just the shitty netcode that will cancel a game for *gasp* accidently hitting two buttons at once, but it's the plethora of shit people online.

Even on ranked.

If im playing against good people (mostly guys I know from here on TYM), then I enjoy it more. When I play against shitness, i decend into shitness and I cant be bothered to beat these lame shitty players. How can these guys enjoy spamming one move or using jp>>uppercut as their bnb?

I'll just add that the attitude of 90% of the people I run into online stinks as well. This game is rated 18, yet every 15 year old dickhead under the sun is playing this. No disrespect to people like iVital or Zoid, but I just think the majority of the shitty attitude comes from the teenage age group.

That's why it's all about the offline, unfortunately for you there is none. I really can't stand people that think uppercut is the only move in the game. If i run in to one more raiden that just tele grabs...

That's why it's all about the offline, unfortunately for you there is none. I really can't stand people that think uppercut is the only move in the game. If i run in to one more raiden that just tele grabs...

When I face someone and they open up their combo account with jp uppercut, I know im in for a dissapointing match. Often at this stage, I abandon all thought of tactics and will try and beat them with stupid tactics like only using uppercut, or just using projectile, just throwing, etc.

I really wish there was a bigger offline scene here like you guys have in North America. Before someone chimes in with "make it happen", likely someone American, you dont live in Europe, so you dont know how hard it is to start that kind of thing. Here, people play MW. All. The. ****ing. Time.

Once upon a time there were Arcades in the UK. That was the offline scene. And it was awesome. I played a lot of SF II and MK II in the arcades back in the day, usually with the same group of people.

This is why I ask you guys to 1v1 then play ranked matches. Its like people now days don't care at all, they will do anything for a win. <_<

When I face someone and they open up their combo account with jp uppercut, I know im in for a dissapointing match. Often at this stage, I abandon all thought of tactics and will try and beat them with stupid tactics like only using uppercut, or just using projectile, just throwing, etc.

I really wish there was a bigger offline scene here like you guys have in North America. Before someone chimes in with "make it happen", likely someone American, you dont live in Europe, so you dont know how hard it is to start that kind of thing. Here, people play MW. All. The. ****ing. Time.

Once upon a time there were Arcades in the UK. That was the offline scene. And it was awesome. I played a lot of SF II and MK II in the arcades back in the day, usually with the same group of people.

If Europe can have a 120+ man Super smash brothers Melee tournament, they can sure as hell have a 120+ MK9 tournament.

It's just Smashers are more willing to do shit, as oppose to MK9 no one is stepping up to make tournaments happen. It's not even doing that well in America, it's piggy bank riding on other games.

Dude trust me, I know most of my friends would be the A holes you are talking about online lol. I just find it super boring, I rarely face any good competition now that I just play ranked. We are supposedly getting a scene here in Dallas started, so if that happens then I will almost be playing exclusively offline.

I would look on TYM in the regional matchmaking thread, maybe posting a thread asking for players near your area. I know a lot of good MK players are in the UK, so you never know.

Edit:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?271-United-Kingdom-Discussion-amp-Matchmaking

Lucky bish! The nearest offline scene is in Atlanta, two hours away from where I Live. My dad would let me go, but my Mom is Uber strict :(

Well we all agree, that the MK scene is small everywhere.

Why is that? I mean this is a good, solid fighting game?

Is it from lack of support from NRS? Over shadowed by other fighters? Hampered because it is banned in other countries?

Online for MK 9 sucks.

I mean, what's new? It's not just the shitty netcode that will cancel a game for *gasp* accidently hitting two buttons at once, but it's the plethora of shit people online.

Even on ranked.

If im playing against good people (mostly guys I know from here on TYM), then I enjoy it more. When I play against shitness, i decend into shitness and I cant be bothered to beat these lame shitty players. How can these guys enjoy spamming one move or using jp>>uppercut as their bnb?

I'll just add that the attitude of 90% of the people I run into online stinks as well. This game is rated 18, yet every 15 year old dickhead under the sun is playing this. No disrespect to people like iVital or Zoid, but I just think the majority of the shitty attitude comes from the teenage age group.

problems of the first world

and don't generalize, my 15-16 year old friends are pretty good in this game

Well we all agree, that the MK scene is small everywhere.

Why is that? I mean this is a good, solid fighting game?

Is it from lack of support from NRS? Over shadowed by other fighters? Hampered because it is banned in other countries?

As far as sales go, MK did pretty well. NRS patched their game a couple of times as their way to support the fanbase. There are are enough MK fans out there, the question is how many are willing to organize or attend events. Unfortunately, with the decline of arcades and the convenience of online, most choose to play at the comfort of their home; honestly I can't blame them given the time and money it may take for traveling.

Last edited:
As far as sales go, MK did pretty well. NRS patched their game a couple of times as their way to support the fanbase. There are are enough MK fans out there, the question is how many are willing to organize or attend events. Unfortunately, with the decline of arcades and the convenience of online, most choose to play at the comfort of their home; honestly I can't blame them given the time and money it may take for traveling.

this is highly a reason as I posted in a thread before.

Probably not fair to mention SSBM having a good scene despite how old the game is, because it's console only. No online. So if you want that craving for a challenge filled. You need to travel. probably a part of it's success.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but am I the only one who despite the input lag, negative edge, and the input bug still absolutely loves playing this game online?

The key to my enjoyment could be playing tag, which I do constantly. I never play 1 vs 1 anymore. I get AMPED when I play tag.

the online isnt bad anymore. but the problem is your not pissed off about the people who spam moves or jump punch, your really mad at the developers who made the game. truth is, i love mk bigtime, but the mechanics is MK9 are super cheap and annoying. thats how the game is MEANT to be played. the game really needed a counter move for everyone. all people do is stay on you and chip damage and you have to take it. its not a fair fighter in the least. its no virtua fighter or soul cal thats for sure. you cant really blame the players, thats how netherrealm designed it. i mean cyrax n ermac have 55% damage combos with NO xray, thats just not balanced in my book. ermac can fight you from across the screen, thats just not fair, period. yet fighters like skarlet n sindel are way underpowered. bugs me.
i already sold my copy this week, pre ordered soul cal 5 and will wait for that. lets hope MK10 will be more polished and balanced. think about it, after all those patches, the game was just NOT ready to be released. even toned down some of those fighters are just ridiculous and overpowered and theres nothing you can do about it, you will take damage even if you block and get frame trapped. no thank you, was fun but thank god 3d fighters are back in 2012. i miss that counter from MK amageddon.

Well uh, I just got generalized huh :)?

You can't let it frustrate you. If they play like shitheads then you just have to mentally adjust. Besides I know its cliche but its just a game my friend

Well uh, I just got generalized huh :)?

You can't let it frustrate you. If they play like shitheads then you just have to mentally adjust. Besides I know its cliche but its just a game my friend

c'mon Yung lets go somewhere where we're not generalized

I think there should at least be a parry (not like Armageddon's 10 second parry) or something like MvC2's push block thing.