Official Fan Fiction Discussion Thread

I will be making a "Behind the Kombatant" thread soon. It will talk about how I thought of multiple things dealing with the characters and certain events shown in my fanfic, Mortal Kombat Mythologies. Any requests on characters or events that you would like to know about? (It can be any, both in the fanfic or not in the fanfic yet).

Finishing up my Reiko fanfic right now, expect it shortly

It focuses on his mysterious backstory and what he did before he became Shinnok's general in the original war between Raiden and Shinnok

I put my heart and soul into this shit, and yet I still don't like it :laugh:

Shut up

I'm going to finish what I start, regardless of how I feel about it

Anyway, I'll post some of my design philosophies for the fanfic after I get done

I say dooooo et, Don't quit after you put your "Heart n Soul" into it. :|

Plus we can critique your work and help you improve.

Alright, I will be having 4 sessions for my Behind the Kombat thread; Outworld Session, Earthrealm/Edenian Session, Netherealm Session, and The OC Session.

The first session will be Outworld since Shao Kahn and Ermac were the main characters of the first season. I'll be doing 3 of the characters and 2 events for each session. Here's a list of all possible characters and the 2 events:

===Characters===
-Shao Kahn
-Shang Tsung
-Ermac
-Baraka
-Reptile
-Sheeva
-Reiko
-Rain
-Mileena (EXCLUSIVE LOOK)

===Events===
-Konquest in Zaterra
-Konquest in Edenia

Any suggestions or request for any 3 characters? I'm only doing 3 characters.

I started a new fic randomly. This one isn't up on any other site, so this is sorta just for you guys for the time being!

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...bat-x-Resident-Evil-Story?p=569913#post569913

It's a MK x RE story.

Also my Chun-Li story:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/28051-Chun-Li-Legendary-But-Lonely-HD-REMIX!

And of course, MK Redemption:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/27807-Mortal-Kombat-Redemption

I'm currently writing the latest chapter in redemption, but I may update Chun-Li while I'm at it. (I've got all the chapters thus far on another site). :D

Anyway, I'll post some of my design philosophies for the fanfic after I get done
Alright, in a few weeks or months or years or decades or whenever the hell my lazy ass musters up enough energy, I'm gonna post Part 2, so might as well just get this out the way

The main things I'm trying to accomplish with the fanfic is that I wanted people to go, "Damn, Reiko is such a badass", when they read it and also, I want to give a different overall perspective from what I've seen before with it. I see all these protagonists who seem to learn from their mistakes and become stronger over all as time goes on, but I rarely if ever see this from villains. This is why I decided to give a villain, Reiko, the spotlight, because I want to portray an actual person, a person that despite his alignment, has motives, personality, and reacts to situations and thinks in ways that normal people do, things that I don't see in a lot of these one-track minded villains who seem to only think of everything in relation to their goals or who they're serving.

I also want to expand on underdeveloped aspects of him such as his hatred of Quan Chi, his relationship with Shinnok, and also give him some ****ing personality for once. Some people say that the dialogue felt like something you'd hear from an anime. Admittedly, I do have one anime that is influencing my work (in fact there's a reference to it in the title and the current signature that I have is from the anime I'm talking about). With the dialogue, I'm trying to portray Reiko's arrogance by giving him the sort of bold yet calm and self-assured statements that make you really interested in what he's going to do next and how he'll respond to the situations thrown at him. I also want to make him perceptive, a person that learns from his mistakes and a person that can easily adapt to virtually any situation, things that I typically don't see in a lot of these villains I see. With all this coupled with his overall unique abilities and ruthlessness, basically, I want to make the ultimate killing machine out of Reiko.

So, with all that said, this shit ain't a cakewalk by any means, so don't expect another fanfic from me after I get this Reiko fanfic done since I at least want people to appreciate what I'm trying to do with this first before going on to do more even if they don't actually like it. I consider this to be my crowning moment of actual contribution to this forum since usually I'm just known for "lol DBZ and nostalgia", and I'd rather quit ahead while people still want more, anyway, instead of forcing myself to write a myriad of random fanfics that barely anybody gives two shits about

Last edited:
Going to actually write something tonight. I'll have it posted, been reading a whole hell of a lot lately and figured I'd start back up. Nothing too serious, a short story. Nothing added to my old stuff but I'll update that later on.

Yeah man just something to get the creative juices flowin'.
I'll need a while before I plunge balls deep into Revision, I wanna give myself time to get back into writing and then work my way back into it. If I wrote a chapter now, it would be pretty shitty. This is a warm-up project.