Possible solution to the problem

DO you think midway should make an alternate version of Deception for the other platforms?

• Love to see that happen!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Happy with the version I already have.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlindPlayer

It seems as though two extra characters are featured on the upcoming GC version of Deception to repay the GC players if Deception for not having any online capabilities. It is possible to make hthese characters available on the other platforms in exchange for online capabilities!

The only way I'd care if they came out with a version of Deception for XBOX or PS2 that included Shoa Kahn and Goro (with or without online) is if they
  • Released it for really cheap, ~$10
  • Let you trade in your current version for the upgrade
  • Included a revamped version that crushed all the bugs in the game
  • Deleted Kobra from the records of Mortal Kombat

And that ain't gonna happen =/

K1LLKANO said:
The only way I'd care if they came out with a version of Deception for XBOX or PS2 that included Shoa Kahn and Goro (with or without online) is if they
  • Released it for really cheap, ~$10
  • Let you trade in your current version for the upgrade
  • Included a revamped version that crushed all the bugs in the game
  • Deleted Kobra from the records of Mortal Kombat

And that ain't gonna happen =/

True, I know

They could develop a downloadable upgrade that would include Khan & Goro. This is technically possible apparently :? ,even with the PS2. Though you may need a whopping memory card!

That wouldn't be exactly fair to those who are not able to connect to the gaming services. Instead, they could offer a free rom chip containing the new stuff. It could be free with proof of owning the game.

BlindPlayer said:
That wouldn't be exactly fair to those who are not able to connect to the gaming services. Instead, they could offer a free rom chip containing the new stuff. It could be free with proof of owning the game.
In a perfect world a great idea! But whats in it for them?

I have seen patched done online in games such as Star Wars Battle-Front. They do take a wopping amount of space. After the Game-Cube is released, they should make a final patch that will be forever. That patch should be available online for free, and off for purchase on a Disc. They could also place the patch on demo disc. They could give it to game-stop, or simply put it in magazines. This would be wise. I do think there should be a patch to place the charcers into the game.

The trueth is, these charaters are the ONLY thing that make the game-cube version worth buying. And it's nothing more than a cheap scam that Midway has pulled before. Remember MKT anyone? The N64 and PS1 where TOTALY diffrent. The Playstation was the true trilogy, because it had every character, and that is the definiton of a combination game. But some unwise people deem the N64 better for having better graphics and no load time.

This creates a rift in the community, that makes flame wars, that helps midway's buisness by making us remember the games. Remember the Reiko Kahn rumers? Midway thrives off of pissing the fans off.

So, why would the give us what the Game-Cube has, and set the PS2 and X-Box version to its rightful place as the best versions? It would make the Game-Cube trash again, that's why they gave the game-cube those two.

Because some stupid people say "WOW! 2 more characters! Screw the ability to play against an axtualy human being any time I want, I want to play against two more robots!!!!! I love the Game-Cube version better!"

It was dirty how midway only told us there was going to be a game-cube version AFTER everyone already baught the other two. I baught a whole FREAKING SYSYTEM for this game. And midway just spat in my face.

It would be sweet revenge if a week or so after the Game-Cube version they released a patch to give us the characters too. That way, midway at least screws everyone out of money.

There should NEVER had been a GC version. And the fact they made it, they should NEVER have given it extras. What's the point then, without online? My poiny exactly, why even MAKE IT?

Midway is playing off the stupidity of their fans by giving the GC 2 more characters. That way the idiot fans will fork out $60 bucks just to play them. And from other forums, people plant o do this. Claiming this scam game to be the better version.

In truth, there should have been no GC version.

In truth, Nintendo should have given the GC online. That would have fixed it all. Guess Nintendo and Midwat both screwed their fans here....

game cube should just be phased out like dreamcast... i'd throw a damn party. then midway wouldnt have a garbage system to release extras on. anyway i completely agree, this new version should never have been made, and if they had to do it, they certainly shouldnt have given it extras to piss off the fans. BUT THATS THE WAY TODAY. i keep seeing this shit in all mediums. example lord of the rings. each movie released an incomplete version months before the full version so that the idiot fans who couldnt wait to see it on dvd, but also HAD to have the extras, would buy both. even my favorite artists pull this crap. KoRn released their sixth album on a pushed back date, and then the double disc with dvd 2 or 3 weeks later. but because i had to get it the day it came out i missed out on the dvd. and even though i love the band i have too much pride to throw away another 16 or 17 bucks for the extras those bastards made me wait for. yes i do think they should re-release the ps2 and xbox versions...... WITH ALL THE FEATURES! not trading online play for goro and kahn, just so that i could laugh in the face of the gamecube crybabies who think theyre missing our on so much without online, that they deserve characters we dont have. and yeah i also agree that KOBRA is a useless bastard who should be erased.

I admit that Nintendo has been idiots not doing online but look its just 2 more characters and no online so get over it. You gotta realize that the Gamecube doesn't have a whole lot of fighting games like PS2 and XBOX that are that good. I mean im sure Gamecube owners don't want to wait for a Super Smash Bros. Melee sequel.

it isnt just two new characters to me, it's two of my favorite characters, plus youll get to use them against onaga which would be bad as hell. come on imagine goro vs. onaga... it's gonna be awesome... for the lucky asses that have gc. not to mention its an extra two GOOD characters in a game that in my opinion has at least 7 or 8 worthless characters... worse than any of the past games if my memory serves me

the reason it took this long to release a GC version is simple really...
1) the coding is WAY different
2) in order to make up for the lack of online they had to wait till the extras were finished that way GC fans wouldnt feel screwed.

its that simple.

yes there is most likely going to be an up grade available online shortly after the GC game launches to give the rest of us the extras, so quit yer bitchin. the GC is a great system, kicks PS2's sorry ass left and right as far as power and graphics go. sometimes it even looks better than the XBOX even, mostly cuz it has the newest chipset of the three... but i digress...

we will all get all the extra stuff thats in the GC version, they just had to finish it first.

now why they didnt release them all at once with extras intact and just really hard to unlock is beyond me...

FreekinTragedy said:
2) in order to make up for the lack of online they had to wait till the extras were finished that way GC fans wouldnt feel screwed.

Actually, the main reason behind the GC version taking so long is probably the fact that MKD was originally only intended to be released on the PS2 and Xbox. They pretty much decided to do a GC version at the last minute. I don't think a difference in coding had much, if anything, to do with it (remember that Deadly Alliance was released simultaneously across all the platforms).

FreekinTragedy said:
yes there is most likely going to be an up grade available online shortly after the GC game launches to give the rest of us the extras, so quit yer bitchin.

Do you have a source on this? I seriously doubt that they're going to make an upgrade available online, especially when the Xbox is the only system that could theoretically even handle something like that. Maybe the MK team will do something to curb the bitching they'll get from Xbox and PS2 owners, but I wouldn't bet on it.

nah... no real sources just wishful thinking really. it is possible for ps2 to do the upgrade thou... if you are going to be able to buy freekin cars in GT4 then 2 characters for MK:D isnt much. that i do have sources on read the newest Game Informer and there is an interview with one of the developers and he's talking about being able to download (buy) new cars for the game.

if you are going to say something like "they most likely are going to release an upgrade" without any actual sources, it's hardly fitting for you to follow it up with "quit yer bitchin", considering we have no reason to believe you or for that matter "quit our bitching". sounds like youre a gc owner anyway which, if that is the case, would make your comments just as bias as ours. secondly, im not gonna argue about graphics and bullshit like that, because all three systems are pretty closely matched where that is concerned. still in my opinion most gc games suck nuts anyway

there will be no updates...........they've already added characters to the GC version, what, are they going to add updates for only the xbox to completely piss off every person who owns a PS2 (which is the highest selling console of all 3) to ensure that they never purchase a MK game again?

while it would be possible with the xbox (has a harddrive).....they would not do it for one system......especially when that system isn't even the most popular. If you're going to piss off a fanbase, you piss off the smallest...........not the largest.

FreekinTragedy said:

its that simple.

yes there is most likely going to be an up grade available online shortly after the GC game launches to give the rest of us the extras, so quit yer bitchin. the GC is a great system, kicks PS2's sorry ass left and right as far as power and graphics go. sometimes it even looks better than the XBOX even, mostly cuz it has the newest chipset of the three... but i digress...

we will all get all the extra stuff thats in the GC version, they just had to finish it first.

now why they didnt release them all at once with extras intact and just really hard to unlock is beyond me...
:eek:WOOOO! Yeah! Amen to that, brother! Gamecube ROX! Yeah, sure, PS2 and Xbox have online capabilities, but only, like, 20% of people IN THE WORLD have the online added on to their systems, what're the other 80% with no online or have GC supposed to do about that?