Bodybuilding and powerlifting

Welcome to the board!

I was/am into bodybuilding and was pretty big around 5 years ago. Im in pretty decent shape now, just not as big as I used to be. People don't realise how hard it is to work out and EAT all the effing time. It's an expensive past time as well.

I'm not the tallest of blokes, only around 5'10, but I got to about 200 pounds, all natty back in the day. I'm around 180 now.

i used to play football in college so thats how i became a gym rat. I like to do nfl combine type training. Im at 195 right now

Welcome to the board!

I was/am into bodybuilding and was pretty big around 5 years ago. Im in pretty decent shape now, just not as big as I used to be. People don't realise how hard it is to work out and EAT all the effing time. It's an expensive past time as well.

I'm not the tallest of blokes, only around 5'10, but I got to about 200 pounds, all natty back in the day. I'm around 180 now.

Cool bro, I've been living the lifestyle for 4 years now. And I feel you, I eat 6 times a day, go to the gym every day AND I gotta keep up with school so it's a challenge, but I love it! I'm semi-natty, lol, probably not really, I've taken a cycle of superdrol and epistane, and if anyone doesn't know what superdrol is, it's a real harsh oral steroid. I'm sitting around 205 right now and I'm 5'9".

Why don't you get back in the lifestyle?

Why don't you get back in it?

i used to play football in college so thats how i became a gym rat. I like to do nfl combine type training. Im at 195 right now

Nice bro, what college did you play at and what position? Or what division did you play in?

I got hooked my sophmore year of college because I was getting really out of shape. I was a wrestler in High School so it was hard to see my body get worse and worse, but now, I've been on it for a good while, and nothing but positive things have come from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a huge excercise addict ironically I weigh 140 pounds, I did boxing up until I got arthritis, but damn I miss my boxing classes

PITBULL915;478335[B said:
]Cool bro, I've been living the lifestyle for 4 years now. And I feel you, I eat 6 times a day, go to the gym every day AND I gotta keep up with school so it's a challenge, but I love it! I'm semi-natty, lol, probably not really, I've taken a cycle of superdrol and epistane, and if anyone doesn't know what superdrol is, it's a real harsh oral steroid. I'm sitting around 205 right now and I'm 5'9".

Why don't you get back in the lifestyle?

Why don't you get back in it?[/B]

Nice bro, what college did you play at and what position? Or what division did you play in?

I got hooked my sophmore year of college because I was getting really out of shape. I was a wrestler in High School so it was hard to see my body get worse and worse, but now, I've been on it for a good while, and nothing but positive things have come from it.

Education got in the way. When I went back to school 4 years ago, studying took priority. I trained and ate where I could, but it wasn't a regular, disciplined thing. I am trying to get back into it now, but rather than bulk up again, something I always seem to do, im gonna try and shred up. I'd like to build some mass at the same time, but right now in the gym im doing lower weights at a higher rep range. This weekend, when I get 5 minutes, im going to work out a diet where i'll try and get 180-200 grams of protein in a day. Try and eat clean as well.

As for gear, never touched it, but id be a liar if I said I didn't think about it or still do. I heard orals are way harsher on your liver than injections, but everything in moderation I guess.

I just wanted to chime in....

I've been a hard gainer most of my life, so a few years ago I started looking into supplements.

I mean I looked into it hard. I read the scientific research. I reviewed anecdotal evidence on lifting forums. I talked to physician friends about it. I did all the due diligence that I could.

At the time, deca-durabolin was the most popular item. Even though I knew that I could do it responsibly and not be an idiot about it, I still decided in the end not to do it. The risks are just too great. It's true that you can minimize the risks by being smart, but there are still just too many unknowns. Not to mention possible long-term effects which are completely unknown. You are really playing with fire with that stuff, and if you stack, you are playing with a blowtorch.

I also learned very quickly that anything oral is a complete disaster. Anything that your liver has to metabolize can cause absolutely heinous side effects, including death if you are not really careful or just have the wrong body chemistry.

No matter what you do, even if you don't get the dangerous side effects, you are still probably going to get some combination of high cholesterol, acne, gynecomastia, and roid rage.

It's a personal risk/reward decision, but for me, I investigated every aspect that I could very carefully and in the end decided that the risks outweighed the reward. I'm glad I made that decision now that I don't go to the gym as much because I don't have to worry about all that mass turning into fat. I'm happy with my lean mass! It's more in style now anyway.