Things that are overrated

I'm GOING to get shit for this, but I really don't care.
Two things :

The Beatles : I simply cannot stand their music. It's ****ing annoying. I get what they did for their time and as a musician I have to respect that. I just don't like their music. I've honestly tried liking them, listened to their albums, watched documentaries. But no, i simply do not like them. Excuse me(yeah this is going to get me in trouble), but it's pussy music. I cannot stand it. And a good lot of it is lsd inspired gibberish. Which is all well and good when you're on lsd, I simply have the problem that all of the time.. I'm not. The one and only time I have liked Beatles music is when I was high on ****ing ecstasy. Tried listening to it again sober.. nope.

Skyrim*PS3 : I don't care. I don't care. I don't god damned care. I spent over 200 something hours in Cyrodiil with Elder Scrolls : Oblivion, so naturally when this came out I was ****ing STOKED! I couldn't wait. I pre-ordered went to the midnight release and everything. I was so insanely disappointed with what I got. After maybe a few hours playing the framerate turned to absolute ****ing SHIT. I obviously didn't stop there, I put more time into this game. I put at least 50 hours. But I just couldn't ****ing take it anymore. It just wasn't ****ing worth it to trudge through the painful 10fps I was getting. Yeah the story is cool, yeah the scenery is cool, but essentially it's a shitty version of Oblivion with dragons and more snow, some interface changes, and better character faces. I'd rather play Oblivion with a better framerate than Skyrim ever again. Skyrim has been hands down the biggest let-down in my gaming life. It's amazing that I hold Bethesda in such high regard when they show blatant favoritism towards Microsoft (way early dlc for all of their games, and a skyrim that doesn't have these issues). They clearly can give two ****s for the playstation or Pc and that lands this game no respect from me. The way the console world is going in general is pissing me off. This whole paying companies for early content/better working games has to ****ing end. It doesn't take long to notice that something is entirely ****ed with that game. They obviously didn't ****ing bother to test it much and that's what pisses me off the most. Ya know what too? It gives me a huge stiffy to think about how many ps3 owners I turned away from this game when I worked at Gamestop. They'd ask me about it and I'd tell em "Well, it's okay, but I'd just wait until they patch it. But they haven't been doing much right now, so I wouldn't expect the problem to be fixed any time soon". I'd refer them to the bethesdablog and a better game for the same price (Saint's Row, Arkham City).

It makes it even worse that it got game of the ****ing year. Doesn't deserve it. Give it to Arkham City. That game worked like a dream on all consoles and was awesome all around. I don't give a shit about mountains, dragons, spells, or any of the fantasy shit if there's a game that can make me literally feel like I'm Batman!

/end.

Edit : the "pussy music" part of the beatles section was meant as a joke. Do not take it to heart, friends.

Last edited:
@Poodle, As far as I can tell the framerate drops were a problem only on PS3, personally I loved Skyrim, but the fact that it's riddled with bugs is quite annoying, it takes away from the experience as a whole. But then again, by now I expect Bethesda games to be filled with bugs.

@Poodle, As far as I can tell the framerate drops were a problem only on PS3, personally I loved Skyrim, but the fact that it's riddled with bugs is quite annoying, it takes away from the experience as a whole. But then again, by now I expect Bethesda games to be filled with bugs.

Yep I mentioned that at the beginning mah friend. But yeah, I admit the whole rant was quite bitter. But still, the fact that they released it in such a garbage state takes away from their whole image imo. I can deal with stupid bugs that make quests un-doable or random death glitch type things. But something as obvious as the game's framerate dropping to below ten just shows how few shits they give about the quality of their releases on other platforms aside from Xbox. I have loved almost all of Bethesda's games. They're actually some of my favorites (Rage, Fallout Nv, Oblivion), but they really let myself and many other ps3 owners down with Skyrim.

Yep I mentioned that at the beginning mah friend. But yeah, I admit the whole rant was quite bitter. But still, the fact that they released it in such a garbage state takes away from their whole image imo. I can deal with stupid bugs that make quests un-doable or random death glitch type things. But something as obvious as the game's framerate dropping to below ten just shows how few shits they give about the quality of their releases on other platforms aside from Xbox. I have loved almost all of Bethesda's games. They're actually some of my favorites (Rage, Fallout Nv, Oblivion), but they really let myself and many other ps3 owners down with Skyrim.

Must have missed that, but the frame rate drop happened to me once, and by god was it annoying. From what I heard it happens all the time for PS3, so yeah I can understand where your coming from. I had like 3 game breaking glitches on my first playthrough. They made my thieves guild quest not trigger, one of the main story quests got glitched, and then on top of that my guy got stuck inside this building. Had to end up starting a whole new playthrough.

Peyton Manning. At least in terms of future expectations. Yes, he has in the past been the greatest quarterback many of us have ever seen. But people who think he's going to come back next year and immediately lead the Colts back to a division title at 36 after neck surgery with a supporting cast that just went 2-14 are just retarded.

Ehh...ok...if he was not out doing something awesome I would have put down the hammer.

Speaking of him, hopefully he drops his MLP real fast in the Navy. He will be the biggest ****ing joke there, and be a *****. Also I hope he knows he will probably not spend much time at seas but in Afghanistan and east Africa.

Oh yeah, MLP is so ****ing stupid, my opinion overrated. Is that even on TV or just internet?

NIN is great, the only reason I would ever call it overated is because whenever the term "Industrial" is brought up, everyone only thinks of NIN, when there are better groups who pioneered their sound.

as for MLP, Its just typical meme garbage to me. Sure theres a show, but the fans have already ruined their their own image and theres a reason why alot of people hate it.

Oh yeah, MLP is so ****ing stupid, my opinion overrated. Is that even on TV or just internet?

as for MLP, Its just typical meme garbage to me. Sure theres a show, but the fans have already ruined their their own image and theres a reason why alot of people hate it.

I have to say I easily agree with the two of you's. Having tried to like it myself.. I just could not do it. Felt too god damn childish even for my immature taste (One of my top ten favorite movies is Kung Pow.. Yeah, embarrassing but I have a spot in my heart for it. )

I have to say I easily agree with the two of you's. Having tried to like it myself.. I just could not do it. Felt too god damn childish even for my immature taste (One of my top ten favorite movies is Kung Pow.. Yeah, embarrassing but I have a spot in my heart for it. )

That's a lot of nuts! Would you like fries with that baby?!

lmao, I forget sometimes that this is a forum that leans toward sony. Thanks for reminding me guys.
As for me, I dont give a shit

Not really, it's just in my opinion, the hardcore Xbox fans SWEAR their system is much more elite when it comes to gaming. Which may or may not be true depending on who you ask. Also, it seems that in the general media, the Xbox is referenced way more than the PS3.