SSF IV AE 2012 Edition

I've got a better idea; how about working on Street Fighter Five, then after that's released, get to work on Street Fighter Six, then work on Street Fighter Seven, and so on! No more of these ******** updates on ONE game! We're fed up with it!

I've got a better idea; how about working on Street Fighter Five, then after that's released, get to work on Street Fighter Six, then work on Street Fighter Seven, and so on! No more of these ******** updates on ONE game! We're fed up with it!

Thank you!
For the Love of Based God, is it so hard to make a new installment without doing an ass ton of updates?
Street Fighter 4.
Super Street Fighter 4.
Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition.
Super Street Fighter 4 AE.
Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012.

Street Fighter 4 was released in 2008.
And we haven't strayed far from the original for 3 years.

It's a free update, Capcom wouldn't be releasing this if the players would just stop complaining about certain fighters being overpowered.

Thank you!
For the Love of Based God, is it so hard to make a new installment without doing an ass ton of updates?
Street Fighter 4.
Super Street Fighter 4.
Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition.
Super Street Fighter 4 AE.
Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012.

Street Fighter 4 was released in 2008.
And we haven't strayed far from the original for 3 years.

"We won't release a bunch of updated versions for Street Fighter IV like we have in the past" -Ono

It's a free update, Capcom wouldn't be releasing this if the players would just stop complaining about certain fighters being overpowered.

That was the impression I was getting. I still haven't downloaded AE, but I remember hearing that they purposely unbalanced the game with those new characters, so I can see people getting pissed off about always being owned by the same four characters.

But hell, it's Capcom, they've been doing this shit forever and they obviously won't stop any time soon. I can't even begin to act like I'm surprised and appalled to see a new SF4 update; at this point, it's just par for the course. It is cool that they're offering it for free, though.

Its only because pros and pseudo pros complain everytime they loose that stuff needs patching. What happened to some characters been better than others? Im no good at Street Fighter i love playing it with friends and i was worried i would end up forking out more money for a new updated version. I am pleasantly supprised. Allways get my ass kicked tho, i understand the concept of the game lol but cannot figure out how to use anything effectively

have you ever played a WWE game or a Madden game. They follow this train of thought. Doesnt work

I'm not saying it's ok, but Capcom isn't the only company doing this, the first BlazBlue came out a while back and there's still no BlazBlue 2, only updates. How many versions are there of Guilty Gear XX?

Street Fighter

Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II' Champion Edition
Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper

Street Fighter III
Street Fighter III Second Impact
Street Fighter III Third Strike

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 Edition

Anyone notice this pattern here? All of this is within a span of 24 years. Other fighting game franchises may have done this a few times, but Street Fighter is by far the worst offender of this particular practice. It's been 24 years since the SF franchise started; we should at least be at Street Fighter Ten by now!

The updates and patches could have been available for download if everyone had the internet back then. Yearly sequels aren't always good ideas, I'm still trying to forget that MK5-MK8 ever existed.

I can't wait for AE2012, you also get the option of playing Super and AE edition along with AE2012... though I'm not sure why you would want to play the previous ones, but they're available.

I'm not saying it's ok, but Capcom isn't the only company doing this, the first BlazBlue came out a while back and there's still no BlazBlue 2, only updates. How many versions are there of Guilty Gear XX?

There are two console installments of BlazBlue, afaik, and if I recall right, a portable one. The 2nd isntallment has been patched to a 'version II' of the game as well.

CAPCOM doing this sort of thing with Street Fighter is practically a tradition at this point. I'd rather they improve/tweak a solid game rather than putting out yearly shit like THQ/Yuke's or some other BS developer and have the epic amount of glitches their products have. I haven't updated to AE yet simply because I knew the Ver. 2012 patch was coming along.

There are two console installments of BlazBlue, afaik, and if I recall right, a portable one. The 2nd isntallment has been patched to a 'version II' of the game as well.

CAPCOM doing this sort of thing with Street Fighter is practically a tradition at this point. I'd rather they improve/tweak a solid game rather than putting out yearly shit like THQ/Yuke's or some other BS developer and have the epic amount of glitches their products have. I haven't updated to AE yet simply because I knew the Ver. 2012 patch was coming along.

The next BlazBlue coming out is called ''BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend '', it's another update lol.

I never understood why people that are diehard fanboys hate other fighting games. It's apparent in this thread but i've seen plenty of SF players trash MK. I've seen SNK players trash Capcom games.

At the end of the day, i'm a fan of FIGHTING GAMES. Not certain fighting games, but all. Those that are, are just fanboys and I find fanboys/hero worship ridiculous.

For instance, I can't wait for SSF IV AE 2012, however, MvC3 I didnt get, and I probably wont get SF X Tekken. Did you know there will be an option where you can record a combo in training, assign that combo to a button, and in a online fight you can press that button and the combo will come out. After hearing that noob shit, im done with SF X Tekken.

I may get KoF XIII still...

I really hate to be this guy, but don't you think we should be on Street Fighter 5 or 6 by now?
Like I said, SF4 Vanilla was released in 2008.
Super was a good upgrade, but it was still SF4.

Nah, I dont Tabbs and I'll tell you why.

If something aint broke, why bother to fix it. When SF II the World Warrior dropped in 1991, it was a game that completely revolutionised fighting games, and the character of Ryu is iconic as well as a bench mark for other fighting game heroes, whether its look, personality or move list. Because SF II World Warrior was so good, Capcom simply played around with the engine. What if they released SF III two years after WW instead of Champion Edition and it was garbage? They knew SF II was good, so they got as much out of it as they could.

MK I, as iconic as it was, is not THAT great a fighting game. MK II was a million times better and I loved it. MK III and UMK III were good, Midway proving that UMK3 could work, building on MK 3...but Mk 4 - 8 were total garbage in my opinion. I just think, if Midway did more with MK II and UMK3, they probably would have had more classics. There's a reason that MK 9 is basically MK 1,2 and 3 all rolled into one. They took the best characters from the best games (plus QC and Kenshi). QC and Kenshi are the only characters outside of the MK trilogy I like.

The thing with SF is that they are classic games. And yes, there are many versions of the same game, but each version is typically better because of content. I mean when they said "hey, there will be SF III released in 1999" the community went crazy, because it was announcing literally a completely new game. The best hype, is the kind that makes people wait. If you give people, too much, too soon, they get bored. This will happen with MW sooner or later. All I hear is "MW 3 is just MW 1 and 2". I mean the game isn't different in any way, and they have the gall to say its a sequel? At least with Street Fighter, you know what you are getting. The same, but improved in every aspect.

I don't see why Street Fighter can't be good without it being SF 20.

Right, but with the MK4-MKvsDC might have been garbage to some, but they were different.
Change in fighting games is great to me, I love all of the Mortal Kombats.
I'm a MK fanboy from hell, I live for this shit.
It's why I signed up onto this forum.
Street Fighter has a colorful cast of characters, and the gameplay is astounding.
It's more technical than MK will ever hope to be, especially with all the ex, armor, armor breaking, and stuff like that.
And agreed, they shouldn't fix what isn't broke.. it's making them money.
But all I'm saying (granted this patch is free), is I'm tired of seeing the same game re-released with a few bonus stages or characters.
It seems underhanded, and the differences between games isn't enough to want to make me buy more.
I liked Street Fighter 4 and really liked Super.
I hated MvC3 and stopped supporting capcom when I heard there was going to be an Ultimate version of the same game.
I spent like $50 on just costumes for SF4 and SSF4.. that's a lot of money for DLC.
I learned my lesson with that, I'm not buying another capcom game again.
When Street Fighter 5 comes around, I'll wait 6 months until Mega Street Fighter 5 is released.

have you ever played a WWE game or a Madden game. They follow this train of thought. Doesnt work

Oh, I've played Madden, and there's a BIG curse associated with that game! Let me tell you, Barry Sanders was on the cover, and he retired right before training camp. Drew Brees was on the cover, and he lost in the first round to a team with a losing record. Eddie George was on the cover, and he fumbled the ball to lose a playoff game. This Donovan McNabb guy was on the cover, and he had a sports hernia that cost him the season. And then we have that Peyton Hillis guy who's got a bad hammy. And then there's that Michael Vick dude, who ended up in prison for dog fighting. Madden is the most cursed game in the world! Don't be on the cover, or BAD things will happen to you!