Official NFL Thread

Re: Tim Tebow

Where this thread is located is not the point. It should be moved, who cares?

ON-TOPIC: I like Tim Tebow and I think he can go on to do great things. But he's still a rookie.

If Houston actually did win the division because Seyton Manning got hurt, then how the **** did Tennessee win that same division during a year in which the aforementioned Manning won NFL MVP 3 years ago?

no man that shit is stupid

It was a valid debate discussion, about Tim Tebow's Character and why people get angry towards him

and then one person *****es about it, and then it gets merged with this shit

no man that shit is stupid

It was a valid debate discussion, about Tim Tebow's Character and why people get angry towards him

and then one person *****es about it, and then it gets merged with this shit

I refuse to comment on why your Tebow thread was merged, since I am not qualified to do so. Now as to why people bash Tebow, as far as I'm concerned, this is football, not church. And frankly, all criticism towards Tebow is fair. First of all, he failed to get the job done (the only reason he got in the playoffs to begin with was because Oakland sat there and choked on applesauce), and second, his NFL career passer rating is a mediocre 75.1.

Goddamn I can't wait til San Diego fires Norv Turner. Shit is gonna be so cash

Wanna get rid of Norv Turner? Try this!

Last edited:
Also, this might piss LC and Rita off, but we'll see how next season goes with Manning back. Some argue the only reason Texans won the division is because of the Colts lacking Manning.

I'm well aware some ignorant casual fans argue that. But what do YOU think?

That argument doesn't stand up under careful scrutiny. Peyton Manning's presence doesn't affect whether we win games against other teams. It only affects our games against the Colts. We went 1-1 against the Colts this year, which is the same as we did last year with Manning. Last year the Colts finished 10-6, which is the same record the Texans had this year. The Colts were clearly on the decline going into this year even before the Manning injury. If Manning had been healthy this year, the division race might have been tighter, but the Texans still likely would have won, even with the Schaub injury. If Schaub had stayed healthy this year too, no question the Texans still win the division with Manning healthy. The people making the argument you're talking about are totally ignoring how much better the Texans got this year. It's not like Manning got hurt and the Texans won the division with an 8-8 record or something.

Agreed on all counts.
I heard something about Wade Phillips "talking" to another team. He better not leave us.

He was a candidate for the Tampa Bay head coaching vacancy, but ultimately pulled out prior to the playoff game against Baltimore. And if you think for one second that your team is better off with Wade Phillips, then do yourself a big favor and ask a Broncos fan, a Bills fan, or a Cowboys fan!

:rofl:

You know what the worst part about that video is? It's from 2007 :neutral:

Well, every time something comes up that's similar to the cartoons on that website, I pull up that cartoon. For instance, that's the one I pull up whenever a Chargers fan wants Norv Turner fired. If you want the most recent potshot on San Diego and Norv, it's on the latest cartoon (put on the site 2 weeks ago) called Commercial Break.

Last edited:
Tarkatan Trash, do you like anything? You seem to always be ragging on something.

I always have different reasons to be ragging on certain things. For instance, I rag on the Texans for the same reason I rag on Philly, NYG, Washington, SF, and Pittsburgh; I happen to be a fan of a rival team. I rag on Wade Phillips because of the way he coached my Cowboys. I rag on Tim Tebow because he's overrated (and this dated all the way back to his college days). I rag on New England because of what they got busted doing several years ago. Does that make sense to you?

God did that piss me off so much. SUPA BOWL CHAMPS!!!

At what cost? :slap:

You know, when Brady got hurt, I thought about buying one of those Bernard Pollard Fan Club tees but ultimately decided against it (back then, I was glad Brady tore his ACL, because the Spygate scandal was still relatively fresh). For those who don't know, Bernard Pollard is the safety who hit Tom Brady on a safety blitz, and ended up tearing Brady's ACL during the 2008 season opener. The next year, on the regular season finale, he was in the vicinity of Wes Welker suffering the same injury (although I think Pollard missed that tackle), and even had a few picks against the Pats, hence why I call him the Patriot Killer. Pollard will be in the AFC Championship Game as a member of the Ravens against the Pats, so keep your eye glued onto #31 of the Ravens...he may strike Brady again...

He was a candidate for the Tampa Bay head coaching vacancy, but ultimately pulled out prior to the playoff game against Baltimore. And if you think for one second that your team is better off with Wade Phillips, then do yourself a big favor and ask a Broncos fan, a Bills fan, or a Cowboys fan!

Well OUR team IS better with Wade, because he's our DC, not our head coach :laugh:

Wade was our DC last year as well (along with being the head coach), and all our defense did was allow the more points during the first 8 games than any other Cowboys defense. Why else do you think he was fired after 8 games last year?

Well, evidently he can do a much better job coordinating defense when it's his only job. There's no way that the Texans' dramatic improvement on defense this year from last year is just because of two or three new players. It's all about Wade Phillips. Look how much worse the D was in the two games he was out with the kidney surgery. The Texans' success may not last if he leaves.

Or, maybe the Cowboys just suck... ;)

Agreed on all counts.
I heard something about Wade Phillips "talking" to another team. He better not leave us.

Wade will leave

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle says Wade isn't going anywhere... and he's generally right more often than anyone else in the media when it comes to the Texans, so that's a good sign

Awwwww yeaaaaaah PATRIOTS! :D What a flub by the Ravens. I guess Cundiff is no Adam Vinatieri. :laugh:

Now, time to watch the 49ers trounce the Giants and make a top-two team Super Bowl.

Wow what an epic fail by Baltimore.

But the most important thing that I learned from the way this game went is....

With a healthy Matt Schaub, no question the Texans would be in the Super Bowl this year... next year look out NFL.

There needs to be a gif animation of Vernon Davis' 73-yard TD run and his camera mount celebration. :laugh:

Matt Schaub = Wally Pipp

Tom Brady is the undisputed symbol of the pussification of the league!

And the San Francisco 49ers = british cigarettes...enough said!

Matt Schaub = Wally Pipp

So you are therefore saying T. J. Yates = Lou Gehrig?

LOLWUT.jpg