Official NFL Thread

This just in... the Washington Redskins have just traded THREE first-round picks and a second-rounder to the Rams for the second overall pick in this year's draft, which they will presumably use on Robert Griffin III. Thoughts?

This just in... the Washington Redskins have just traded THREE first-round picks and a second-rounder to the Rams for the second overall pick in this year's draft, which they will presumably use on Robert Griffin III. Thoughts?

I've seen worse; the 1999 Ricky Williams trade, and the 1989 Herschel Walker trade...well, my spin on Herschel Walker is that it's the best trade in NFL history...

Well if Griffin turns out to be as good as they all hope, it may be worth it for Washington. Griffin is the perfect QB for Shanahan's system. I knew all along they would probably do something like this to get him.

Roger Goodell and anyone associated with him can eat shit and die for all I care!

For some reason, he and his cronies decided to take a total of $46 million of cap space over the next 2 years away from both the Cowboys and Redskins for "frontloading contracts during the 2010 uncapped year" ($10 mil from Dallas, $36 mil from Washington).

This is serious ********! In BOTH cases, the league approved each and every one of those contracts, and there was no evidence at all of any wrong-doing by either club, so what I'd like to know is when did we start living in a league where you can still be punished for contracts that were already league-approved to begin with? There were absolutely NO Salary Cap violations, end of story (especially when said "violations" happened in an uncapped year!)

Last edited:
Football is getting too political. If a team can afford to spend x amount of money, then let them spend that amount of money! Moreover, let the defense play some damn defense, and decrease the amount of penalties. I feel like I'm watching flag Football with the way the game is played and officiated today.

I love the coverage, accessibility and viewership that Football has today. But, the game is changing way too much, and not for the better.

If players are allowed to appeal fines and/or suspensions, then I think NFL clubs should be entitled to that same liberty, and the recent salary cap penalties against DAL and WAS are a textbook example of why. If this doesn't look like retroactive ******** punishment, then I don't know what is! If the league had a problem with those frontloaded contracts, then why didn't they punish those 2 teams in 2010 right when they happened instead of approving those contracts, then doing a 180 two years after the fact and say "oh, DAL and WAS cheated by violating the spirit of the salary cap, even though we can't even prove that they broke the letter of it"?

In other news... Miami trades Brandon Marshall to Chicago for two third-round picks. There is some speculation that the move was made because they thought Peyton Manning wouldn't want to work with Marshall, so this would increase Miami's chances of landing Manning. Thoughts?

In other news... Miami trades Brandon Marshall to Chicago for two third-round picks. There is some speculation that the move was made because they thought Peyton Manning wouldn't want to work with Marshall, so this would increase Miami's chances of landing Manning. Thoughts?

More like the Dolphins were trying to make room for Reggie Wayne so they could lure Manning that way. However, Wayne ended up re-signing with the Colts for a 3-year deal, which is a smart move on Indy's part. They dumped their franchise quarterback and are (barring any shockers) getting ready to draft Andrew Luck. If they let Reggie Wayne go, then who the **** is going to catch passes for Andrew Luck? The Irsay family did trade away Andre Rison (among other players and picks) to the Falcons just to draft Jeff George at the same draft position as Manning and Luck, and that was a huge mistake.

And Pierre Garcon signed with the Redskins. I have one word to describe this move; BUST!

Ahh...turns out Brandon Marshall was involved in another off-the-field incident 2 days before being traded. Frankly, I'm not surprised. This guy's baggage includes everything from breaking his arm into a TV set after slipping on a McDonald's bag to being the intended target of a drive-by shooting that resulted in the death of then-Broncos teammate Darrent Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to see the Bengles win once before I die.

I grew up thinking those guys are never gonna do anything. I'd like them to shut my face about that assumption.

I don't even really "like" them or anything. I just wanna see a super underdog take something randomly

I just want to see the Bengles win once before I die.

I grew up thinking those guys are never gonna do anything. I'd like them to shut my face about that assumption.

I don't even really "like" them or anything. I just wanna see a super underdog take something randomly

There's always the Ickey Shuffle...they actually did go to the Super Bowl that year, and would've won it if not for those Montana and Rice douchebags...I hate those damn 49ers!

I was really starting to worry about the Texans' offseason there for a bit... but finally some good news... C Chris Myers has re-signed.

So Alex Smith is visiting the Dolphins. If he's smart, he waits on that deal until he hears what happens with Manning. If the 9ers don't get Peyton, I think he should go back and sign with them. I think Jim Harbaugh was largely responsible for his sudden development and he'd do well to stay there.

Manning to sign with Denver. This could either be a great move, or a massive fail.

Agreed.

As far as the Dolphins go, if they keep it up at this pace, they won't make the playoffs for another 20 years. :(
They always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.
Such a damn joke.