Official NFL Thread

"Forward progress" my ass! That was a FUMBLE and the entire world knows it!

Then again, this is the same officiating crew who screwed the Chargers out of a victory in 2008 by blowing that Jay Cutler Fumble!

wGR0H.jpg

If you ask me, the way this year's NFC Championship Game ended is almost identical to the way the same playoff game ended 21 years ago between those same 2 teams...49ers fumble to set up a Giants game-winning FG (and through the uprights on the exact same end of the stadium, too).

Looks like I'm hosting a super-bowl party of 1, unless my fiancee gets it off by some miracle (works at a grocery store, you figure it out), or my best friend finagles his way out of new training he's supposed to get. Him and another friend would be driving from two different places in MA (I'm in CT), if they're even able to make it.

I envy anybody who has a ton of friends who just happen to live nearby. Mine are spread all over the region here. :/

Oh well, more food + alcohol for me. I'll probably be on the floor drooling before the end of the night.

Rita and I usually hang out with her parents for the Super Bowl. My mother-in-law has become quite the sports fan, and my father-in-law will take any excuse to make a lot of food... though I think he's thinking of going hunting that weekend instead this year, so it may just be Rita, I, my mother-in-law, and a pizza LOL. Go Giants!

Someone PLEASE tell me who the lesser of the two evils is!

On the New York Giants side, Chris Canty is a traitor, Eli Manning is a locker room graffiti artist, Brandon Jacobs is a flopper and has been known to vandalize stadium property, and Colonel Kofflin is an *******.

On the New England Patriots side, they're a bunch of cheaters, Bill Belicheat looks like the Unabomber, and Tom Brady is the symbol of the pussification of the league (he lobbies for roughing-the-passer penalties even if he was barely even touched, like what happened in that Pats/Ravens game a couple of years ago, and rumor has it that Roger Goodell gave him his own flag so he could throw it at will if the refs didn't give him the call he wanted).

Last edited:
Someone PLEASE tell me who the lesser of the two evils is!

On the New York Giants side, Chris Canty is a traitor, Eli Manning is a locker room graffiti artist, Brandon Jacobs is a flopper and has been known to vandalize stadium property, and Colonel Kofflin is an *******.

On the New England Patriots side, they're a bunch of cheaters, Bill Belicheat looks like the Unabomber, and Tom Brady is the symbol of the pussification of the league (he lobbies for roughing-the-passer penalties even if he was barely even touched, like what happened in that Pats/Ravens game a couple of years ago, and rumor has it that Roger Goodell gave him his own flag so he could throw it at will if the refs didn't give him the call he wanted).

Dude I don't even know what the hell you're talking about vis-a-vis the Giants.

Colonel Kofflin = his first year on the job with the Giants, he was the subject of NFLPA grievance filings because he was fining players for showing up to team meetings 5 minutes ahead of schedule, claiming that they should've shown up earlier.

Brandon Jacobs = during an altercation with Cowboys linebacker Bradie James, he overexaggerated a shove from James by pretending to fall backwards; this practice is called "flopping", and there is only one motive for it; to manipulate the officials into calling a foul or penalty on the other team, and in Jacobs' case, it succeeded in drawing a 15-yard on Bradie James. Plus, in that same game, he threw the ball into the play clock after a touchdown! Both of them were bush league!

Chris Canty = Betrayed his original team by signing with a division rival during free agency...enough said!

Eli Manning = writing on the locker room walls following the first regular season game in a new stadium.

Colonel Kofflin = his first year on the job with the Giants, he was the subject of NFLPA grievance filings because he was fining players for showing up to team meetings 5 minutes ahead of schedule, claiming that they should've shown up earlier.

Brandon Jacobs = during an altercation with Cowboys linebacker Bradie James, he overexaggerated a shove from James by pretending to fall backwards; this practice is called "flopping", and there is only one motive for it; to manipulate the officials into calling a foul or penalty on the other team, and in Jacobs' case, it succeeded in drawing a 15-yard on Bradie James. Plus, in that same game, he threw the ball into the play clock after a touchdown! Both of them were bush league!

Chris Canty = Betrayed his original team by signing with a division rival during free agency...enough said!

Eli Manning = writing on the locker room walls following the first regular season game in a new stadium.

Lulz... the only one of these that should even approach upsetting a fan is the Jacobs one...

Ok, so it looks like Wade Phillips will be back with the Texans next year... all the head coaching vacancies are filled except the one he specifically pulled out of the running for.

EDIT: Make that ALL the head coaching vacancies are filled. *happy dance*

Last edited:
ahahahaha, go suck a dick, Brady.

Couldn't be happier that POS lost.

Not a Giants fan but they made me proud once more of being from the state of NY.

Didn't get the scoreline right, but I did say Giants would win on Facebook. Couldn't care less about the game, commercials were fun to watch.

Well you can count me out of that group... I do dislike the whole Patriots team...

However, that is entirely secondary. What I find infinitely more intriguing is that it now appears that in all likelihood Eli Manning will now retire with more Super Bowl rings than Peyton.

PFFFFFTTTT.

Manning is a class-A mouthbreather.

Eli is kinda cute =)

It's funny how everyone is bad-mouthing Brady when it comes to the Patriots.
Why are you hating on one person instead of the whole team? Because he's a f*cking awesome QB and everyone knows it.

I have always hated Brady. I never said he wasn't a good QB (not saying you said I did, either), I just hate that man. He's a pretty boy b_tch.

Next year, my man will win <3

tony-romo.jpg

Everyone at work today was teasing me that they were gonna trade Romo and they started calling him a homo (as usual).

Ah, to be a jealous man. I wonder what it's like =)