Official NFL Thread

A lot of people are blaming it on them thinking about Kubiak.

Foster isn't looking too promising, either, and Randy Bullock needs a new job <.<

I honestly felt so bad for him, though.

A lot of people are blaming it on them thinking about Kubiak.

Foster isn't looking too promising, either, and Randy Bullock needs a new job <.<

I honestly felt so bad for him, though.

I'm assuming these "people" you're referring to aren't Texans fans who watch the team every week? Because those of us who do, know that the same thing would have happened if Kubes were there. This team desperately needs to stop getting ultra-conservative as soon as we get a lead. What we were doing in the first half worked. But do we keep doing it? No. We just keep running stupid useless plays and hoping the defense prevents the opposition from scoring any points. IT'S NOT WORKING PEOPLE. I'm glad the coaching staff got their heads out of their butts regarding the QB situation, but for it to make a difference they're going to have get their heads out of their butts for the play-calling too.

I'm assuming these "people" you're referring to aren't Texans fans who watch the team every week? Because those of us who do, know that the same thing would have happened if Kubes were there. This team desperately needs to stop getting ultra-conservative as soon as we get a lead. What we were doing in the first half worked. But do we keep doing it? No. We just keep running stupid useless plays and hoping the defense prevents the opposition from scoring any points. IT'S NOT WORKING PEOPLE. I'm glad the coaching staff got their heads out of their butts regarding the QB situation, but for it to make a difference they're going to have get their heads out of their butts for the play-calling too.

I'd like to know what the Texans were thinking when they had Wade Phillips as acting/interim head coach when Kubiak was sent to the hospital. Certainly, they are aware Phillips' well-documented failures as an NFL head coach dating back to his days in Denver (especially since he was coaching right up Interstate 45 just a few years ago and became the first head coach in franchise history to be fired during the season).

I'd like to know what the Texans were thinking when they had Wade Phillips as acting/interim head coach when Kubiak was sent to the hospital. Certainly, they are aware Phillips' well-documented failures as an NFL head coach dating back to his days in Denver (especially since he was coaching right up Interstate 45 just a few years ago and became the first head coach in franchise history to be fired during the season).

Who cares. That wasn't the issue last night. It was the offensive play calling, which Wade has nothing to do with.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Who cares. That wasn't the issue last night. It was the offensive play calling, which Wade has nothing to do with.

Wade still assumed head coaching duties in Kubiak's absence, so as far as I'm concerned, he still has to assume responsibility for the offensive playcalling by virtue of him being at the top, because anyone who assumes head coaching duties, regardless of the circumstances, should be held responsible for the entire team. It's safe to assume that Wade is well aware of that, since he's been a head coach before, and that includes 2 stints as an interim head coach.

Additionally, the Colts scored 21 unanswered points to win that game (the final margin of that game was 3 points). Maybe the offensive playcalling was suspect, but 21 unanswered falls squarely on the defense, which Wade Phillips, as full-time defensive coordinator, IS responsible for, regardless of whether or not he assumed head coaching duties.

Last edited:

I know some the actual fans (the intelligent ones) who are fed up with the Texans this year (welcome to Cowboys territory, fanwise, lol) know it makes no difference, but, you get the delusional ones who will do anything to make an excuse for the Texans. The reporters themselves were even saying the team was having trouble going on because of what happened and they threw out some stats from before he collapsed to after. There will always be 'those people' who can't accept that their team blows, no matter what, and will always find an answer that isn't even close to reality. Dallas also gets leads and blows it. To change sports for a moment, my Red Wings are often the same. Get a lead, feel comfortable, start to let the opposing team run all over you. Guys need to play the entire game like their lead is being threatened, not this garbage where they sit back with their feet up and assume they are going to win with ease.

With all that bullying and racial slur stuff going on in Miami, all I have to say is...

Richie Inkkkognito!

Actually now there's talk that the coaches may have told Incognito to toughen him up. This whole thing's about to go all "A Few Good Men"

Well, I'm not surprised to know who's implicated in all this. Even before the Jonathan Martin shit went down, Richie (I refuse to acknowledge his last name any further than spelling the C portion with 3 Ks for obvious reasons...especially taking the actual definition of his ironic last name into account) has a well documented reputation for being a troublemaker both on and off the field. Even more ironic than his last name is the fact that the Dolphins selected him to be the star of the pregame fan code of conduct PSA.

EDIT: The more I hear about this shit, the more I'm convinced that the Dolphins are culpable in all of this. First, the whole "go toughen him up" shit, now rumors of GM Jeff Ireland telling Martin to retaliate physically. Given Ireland's reputation, I have legitimate reason to accept such rumors as gospel. In 2010, he made headlines when he asked Dez Bryant (who ironically ended up being drafted by Ireland's previous employer) whether or not his mother was a prostitute during the Scouting Combine, and last off-season, he was allegedly cited as the reason free agents refused to sign with Miami (it even got to the point where LeBron James, who doesn't even play football, had to lobby for Peyton Manning to sign with the Dolphins on national television immediately after a basketball game). Jeff Ireland should've been fired after failing to recruit Manning and Jeff Fisher last off-season. How he's still gainfully employed by the Dolphins is beyond me. This guy is to his employees what TO was to quarterbacks.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but whenever I see clips of a conference after a Cowboy loss and Romo is talking, I always feel bad for the guy lol.

Glad to see my Rams have a great game against the Colts; awesome because not only did our defense do it's thing, but Tavon broke out big time. If Stacy keeps running the way he is, I think he'll end up being the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Only other guys that come to my mind are Geno Smith, Gino Bernard and Le'Veon Bell.

No Rodgers, no Wallace, no Cobb no problem :p

Still surprised with how good the Eagles offense is doing w/ Foles at the helm; you'd think Chip would go ahead and name him as the starting QB for the rest of the season even though he probably already is.

Yeah Vick's job is taken so far lol.

I'm surprised that Nick is good. Cause normally back up Eagles QB's are asssssssssssssssssssssssssss kinda

Five years have passed since McNabb's infamous "I didn't know a game could end in a tie" bullshit (which is very well documented, by the way)...and we STILL have NFL players who don't know a game can end in a tie!

Uhh...doesn't the ref explicitly tell you a game WILL end in a tie if time expires in OT with the game still tied? I thought the refs started explaining that in the aftermath of McNabb!

You would think that after the McNabb incident, that every player in the league would know an NFL game can end in a tie, yet last year, Dashon Goldson did the same thing when his game against the Rams ended in a tie, and now this? Makes me question how many players are trolling in the aftermath of a tied game, and how many are legitimately ignorant about the overtime rules.

Last edited:
yeahhhh buddy

That game was AMAZING. When Oakland took control right at the beginning, I was so disappointed and though 'here we go again, derp'. So glad I was wrong.

The Steelers/Ravens game was great, too. Well, first bit was meh, but, then, the Steelers made it an actual football game.

I missed the second half because my grandma wanted to go to Walmart to buy one of those 32" TVs for $98, but I did get the game-tying TD on the radio while looking for a parking spot. I overheard in the aisle next to me that the Cowboys won, though. Good thing I DVR'ed the game back at home.

And as for Detroit...Congrats! It's sad to see them lose 9 straight Thanksgiving games, especially when this was a tradition that the Lions started (to be fair, though, the Lions were TERRIBLE during most of those years...it didn't help that Matt Millen was the GM during that era).