Official NFL Thread

How is Drew Brees still not signed yet!?!? I'm not a Saints fan, but with all the things going on with them, you'd think they'd be hurrying to sign him asap.

How did I know not that Andre Johnson was injured again? This news saddens me.

Anyway, I'll be at the first home preseason game against San Fransisco on the 18th. Gonna try to make a few regular season games, but damn those ticket prices are high.

Andre should be ok. I'm more worried about the injury JJ Watt suffered yesterday. He could miss a few weeks.

Re: Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2012

Must be the fault of all the people who doubt Romo.

Aikman > Staubach > White > Romo > Meredith

Now don't get me wrong, I like Romo. In fact, I have a white Romo replica jersey circa 2006, but I know the QB pecking order in the Cowboys franchise...and Romo ain't on top of it. And besides, this man is the GREATEST Cowboy ever!

c686383352b0970976d621df4e3c3e6d.jpg

No surprise you like things better with 'wide' and 'receiver' involved.

:cool:

Aikman > Staubach > White > Romo > Meredith

Now don't get me wrong, I like Romo. In fact, I have a white Romo replica jersey circa 2006, but I know the QB pecking order in the Cowboys franchise...and Romo ain't on top of it. And besides, this man is the GREATEST Cowboy ever!

c686383352b0970976d621df4e3c3e6d.jpg

I can't believe you put Aikman ahead of Staubach

I hate the cowboys with a passion, but Staubach was a Legend

I can't believe you put Aikman ahead of Staubach

I hate the cowboys with a passion, but Staubach was a Legend

Because Staubach is 2-2 in the Super Bowl, while Aikman is 3-0. As Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record says you are.

I put Danny White ahead of Romo only because he was not only a QB, but also a Punter (which, in turn, forced special teams coaches to game plan for the Fake Punt).

Because Staubach is 2-2 in the Super Bowl, while Aikman is 3-0. As Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record says you are.

I put Danny White ahead of Romo only because he was not only a QB, but also a Punter (which, in turn, forced special teams coaches to game plan for the Fake Punt).

Aikman had the best O-line in the NFL at the time

Emmitt Smith, Moose Johnson, Micheal Irvin, and a pretty damn good D

I'm sorry Aikman is the most overrated QB in NFL History.

Staubach would of won those two SB's if Jackie Smith didn't drop the ball, and if Percy Howard would of caught the perfectly thrown pass.

Aikman had the best O-line in the NFL at the time

Emmitt Smith, Moose Johnson, Micheal Irvin, and a pretty damn good D

I'm sorry Aikman is the most overrated QB in NFL History.

Staubach would of won those two SB's if Jackie Smith didn't drop the ball, and if Percy Howard would of caught the perfectly thrown pass.

If Aikman is as "overrated" as you claim, then why was he a First Ballot Hall of Famer? And if his O-line is as great as advertised, then why isn't a damn one of his linemen in the Hall of Fame? Okay, I know Larry Allen is just entering his first year of eligibility, but still...why aren't the likes of Mark Stepnoski, Mark Tuinei (RIP), Nate Newton, Kevin Gogan, and Erik Williams in the Hall of Fame? Ever thought about THAT for once?

If Aikman is as "overrated" as you claim, then why was he a First Ballot Hall of Famer? A

Same reason Micheal Irvin is in but not Art Monk, Chris Carter, Andre Reed.

Superbowl rings... There are plenty of Wide Receivers out there with better stats than Micheal Irvin, but since he won 3 rings, on america's team and was very popular, he's in the Hall. Same goes for Aikman.

Now about O-line's, since they aren't as "sexy" as QB's, RB's, DT's, etc. They generally have a long wait time to get in the hall, Unless your spectacular, like Willie Roaf who recently got inducted in the hall (who is arguably the greatest OT of all time).

Shit, one of the Best O-line's in history "The Hogs" only have 1 member in the hall and they have rings.

back to my point, Aikman is overrated, i wouldn't put him in the top 20 qb's of all time...

Same reason Micheal Irvin is in but not Art Monk, Chris Carter, Andre Reed.

Superbowl rings... There are plenty of Wide Receivers out there with better stats than Micheal Irvin, but since he won 3 rings, on america's team and was very popular, he's in the Hall. Same goes for Aikman.

Now about O-line's, since they aren't as "sexy" as QB's, RB's, DT's, etc. They generally have a long wait time to get in the hall, Unless your spectacular, like Willie Roaf who recently got inducted in the hall (who is arguably the greatest OT of all time).

Shit, one of the Best O-line's in history "The Hogs" only have 1 member in the hall and they have rings.

back to my point, Aikman is overrated, i wouldn't put him in the top 20 qb's of all time...

Funny you mention Cris Carter and Andre Reed...you know what Bill Belichick once said?

Stats are for losers, championship rings are for winners! You already called Parcells a liar! Are you going to do the same to Belichick?

Funny you mention Cris Carter and Andre Reed...you know what Bill Belichick once said?

Stats are for losers, championship rings are for winners! You already called Parcells a liar! Are you going to do the same to Belichick?

So your saying Adam Morrison is better than Kevin Durant?

Are you saying that Jeff Hostetler is better than Dan Marino? They both have a championships....

Please don't go on that "Stats over Rings" Bullshit...

Superbowls are team victories not personal ones..

Rings = Winning
No Rings = Losing

How much simpler do I need to make it? If you were a professional athelete, would you rather have the big stats, or would you rather have the championship rings?

Dan Marino never got a championship so you are saying one the greatest QBs of all time is a loser?

Son, I am disappoint.

Rings = Winning
No Rings = Losing

How much simpler do I need to make it? If you were a professional athelete, would you rather have the big stats, or would you rather have the championship rings?

Okay your just being stupid. I can't argue with stupid.

I just told your ass that sports like Football and Basketball are TEAM games, and you win them as a TEAM

Just because someone like Dan Marino never won a championship doesn't make him a loser, he's still one of the best QB's ever..

So I guess in your world Adam Morrison is better than Charles Barkley

and Jim McMahon is better than Dan Marino

Goodbye and good riddance!

The Catch (baseball), Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, Jose Mesa, the 2007 NBA Finals, and even LeBron James were child's play compared to what Art Modell did to the Cleveland Browns! May he burn in Hades forever!