Official NFL Thread

Even though history says Tannehill is the right pick for Miami (their last 2 first round QBs were Griese and Marino, I should again point out), the fact is, Tannehill has bust potential written all over him, because of the fact that he only spent a year and a half at the QB position. Now, personally, I hope he fails because I'm a Longhorns fan (and on that note, **** you Cleveland for sabotaging Colt McCoy's career, especially with the handling of his concussion last year)...

Well personally, I think my Texans came out ok. I think they drafted solidly for need, and didn't make any terribly questionable picks. Time will tell how good these players will be, but it looks good from here.

Texans finally release Jacoby Jones! :]

Yep.... kinda saw that coming when they drafted not one but two WR's... I was a little surprised it happened this soon after Rick Smith just made those comments the other day about how Jacoby was still a member of the team and stuff... but I just heard on the radio that apparently Jacoby's agent went to the team and said something like hey, we know you're going to get rid of him anyway, do us a solid and do it now so he has a better chance of finding a new team, and apparently the Texans obliged.

Wow... that is sad. He will be missed.

In other news... four players have been suspended in relation to the Bountygate scandal, including Jonathan Vilma for the entire season. Thoughts?

Vilma should be lucky he didn't get the full-blown Pete Rose treatment, and the same applies to everyone else involved. (I should point out that Vilma's alma mater, the University of Miami, was recently at the center of an improper benefits scandal that could potentially result in that program getting the NCAA Death Penalty, a sanction that has not been handed to a Division I program since the SMU scandal of the 1980s, however Vilma's involvement in that particular scandal is unclear at this point.)

Junior was one of my brother's favorite players. I was shocked when I read it yesterday.

Now I know why Roger Goodell imposed the bogus cap penalties against Dallas and Washington...turns out the league imposed a secret salary cap in 2010 (the supposed "uncapped year"), according to a Federal lawsuit filed by the NFLPA.. This lawsuit comes one day after an arbitrator rejected appeals from Dallas and Washington.

Seriously...screw Roger Goodell! I hope someone tears his ACL AND gives him a severe concussion for this! Not only did he screw over two teams that were completely INNOCENT, but he also violated the Reggie White settlement! Not to mention the fact that he lied to both players AND fans about the cap status of the 2010 season! The Cowboys and Redskins are 100% innocent, and EVERYBODY knows it!

Last edited:
Its weird seeing how even though the NFL is flourishing so well, the commissioner seems to be hated so much by the players.

Its weird seeing how even though the NFL is flourishing so well, the commissioner seems to be hated so much by the players.

Only one Commissioner is entitled to any credit for the NFL becoming the biggest sports league in the world, and I'll give you a hint as to who it is; it ain't Paul Tagliabue (the league's previous commissioner), and it sure as hell ain't Roger Goodell!

I hope my Rams do good this year; we had perty decent expectations last year but they got dashed low perty quickly. Now that the 49ers are a great team and the Seahawks are getting better, its looking to be a tough division to win. I still think we're better then the Cardinals though :). (No offense to Cardinal fans)

I hope my Rams do good this year; we had perty decent expectations last year but they got dashed low perty quickly. Now that the 49ers are a great team and the Seahawks are getting better, its looking to be a tough division to win. I still think we're better then the Cardinals though :). (No offense to Cardinal fans)

I dunno... I'm confident in the Rams' future, but I don't see them doing that well this season yet. Then again... you never know in the NFL

I dunno... I'm confident in the Rams' future, but I don't see them doing that well this season yet. Then again... you never know in the NFL

I think hiring Jeff Fisher was a good first step, but we still got a lot of things to do, mostly getting Bradford more weapons on offense. We really need to do it while Jackson has good legs, because it feels like we're wasting his good years; I'm surprised (but happy) that he hasn't decided to jump ship and go to a contender.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to Peyton in Denver. I hope the Bronco's do well, because I really want to see Peyton put up big numbers and win, just to rub it in the Colt's face. I know he probably doesn't harbor any ill will to the Colts, but there has to be a part of him that wants to show them that they made a mistake.

Just to throw this out there... who here would be interested in having a TRMK fantasy football league again this year?

The NFL's new TV blackout policy is further proof that Roger Goodell is the worst sports commissioner EVER! The mere softening of this policy is an enabler to freeloading, and we can't have that! No complete sellout should mean no local television, end of discussion!

Last edited:
As if I needed any further proof you're a troll. Everyone knows the blackout policy is crap, and now thanks to Goodell it is slightly less crap.

How is the blackout policy crap again, when the whole point is to encourage sell-outs? I mean, how is it NOT embarrassing to see YOUR TEAM play on television in a stadium with empty seats?