Official NFL Thread

Yeah, but the reason we weren't winning the division wasn't because of Peyton. It was because we sucked. We'd be winning it now even if Peyton were there.

XbxIa.jpg

Who wants to watch the Texans? They're a glorified AFL franchise, just like the rest of the AFC! The NFC is the PURE version of the NFL!

Are we really dogging the AFC here? Utterly ridiculous. The AFC has as rich of a history as the NFC. The Steelers are among the most storied and decorated teams in the history of pro football. The Raiders are a notorious and recognizable franchise, for better or worse. Tom Brady is a Top 5 all-time quarterback. The Browns were one of the best teams around in the 60s, and had arguably the greatest Football player of all-time in their ranks. The Colts have a rich history, both in Baltimore and Indianapolis. The Ravens and Texans both have the Top 5 best defenses in the entire league.

Don't sleep on the Texans. They were a premiere team in the AFC last season, and I fully expect them to make the playoffs again in the upcoming season. Wade Phillips did wonders for their defense, and Arian Foster is among the league's current Top 5 Running Backs.

I just hope the Saints stop screwing around, and sign Brees to a long term deal already. The Saints' offense is unstoppable with Brees, Graham and Sproles (the best Running Back in the league today bar none).

Seriously Marshall, you can dog the Texans all you want. I'm just demanding that you make sense, that's all.

And I'm not even addressing the AFL nonsense you guys are spewing. The merger was 40 years ago. It's all the same league now.

I don't know where all this AFL stuff came from either....

But i just feel that if Payton Manning didn't have that injury, texans wouldn't of made the postseason....

Now that he's gone your division is up for grabs

I don't know where all this AFL stuff came from either....

But i just feel that if Payton Manning didn't have that injury, texans wouldn't of made the postseason....

Now that he's gone your division is up for grabs

So Manning's absence caused the Texans to improve from the bottom of the league to the top in defense? Manning's absence caused the Texans not to lose games they would have lost the previous season, to teams OTHER than Indianapolis? Actually, the Texans' record last year against the Colts was 1-1, the exact same as their record against them the previous season with Manning. The Texans' improvement last year was entirely against other teams. So basically, you can easily contend the Texans would have had the same record last year if Manning were healthy. Which basically means, for you to be right, the Colts would have had to go 11-5 last year. They only went 10-6 the previous season with Manning. Did you really see them IMPROVING last year? I didn't. Everything on that team not named Peyton Manning was on the way down.

And no, the division is NOT up for grabs. It is the Texans' to lose. Indianapolis and Jacksonville will be a joke. Tennessee is respectable, but simply is not as good a team as the Texans right now. If they don't win the division again, heads should roll.

Please, provide some intelligent backup for your points or GTFO.

Please, provide some intelligent backup for your points or GTFO.

Sure....

Playoff appearances with payton manning as starting colts qb

Playoff appearances without payton manning as starting colts qb

I'm sorry you can whine and tell me stuff like "but but the colts were on the decline:cry::cry:"

they were just a couple a months removed from a superbowl apperance

If the colts had manning they would of at least won a game against ya'll... at least....

Sure....

Playoff appearances with payton manning as starting colts qb

Playoff appearances without payton manning as starting colts qb

If the colts had manning they would of at least won a game against ya'll... at least....

Are you even reading my posts? First of all, the Colts DID win a game against us last year without him. Which is precisely as many as they won with him the year before, when the Texans weren't even that good.

Secondly, I have more than sufficiently pointed out the fallaciousness of your core argument above. Manning's absence didn't make the Texans better. If the Texans were as bad last year as they were the year before, they wouldn't have won the division. Tennessee would have. If the Colts played as well last year as they did the last year they had Manning, the Texans still would have won the division playing as well as they did last year.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the Saints...it just now has! Turns out ESPN's Outside the Lines has obtained evidence that alleges that suspended GM Mickey Loomis has been eavesdropping on the visiting team's communications between 2002-2004, his first 3 years on the job. If proven true, not only could Loomis be facing even further sanctions from the league (up to and including a lifetime ban, since he's already in hot water with the league over Bountygate), but also criminal charges in Federal Court, as this type of eavesdropping violates Federal Law. Loomis and the Saints have denied the allegations.

I wish my Saints would produce some positive news, for a change. Sure, re-signing Colston and Kasay made me happy. But, throw the Who Dat Nation a bone, and sign Brees already. We need Brees now more than ever. The Saints are either going to have a miserable season, or one of the most storied seasons of any team in decades. All of this off-season drama and trouble will either bring the team down, or have them storm out of the gates with guns blazing. As a Saints fan, I hope for the latter.

The Texans had one of the best defenses in the entire league last season, and Arian Foster is a Top 5 Running Back in the league. Peyton's absence didn't make the Texans such a solid Football club last season; it was good coaching and great effort by the organization's players. Lets not forget they won their division, beat the Bengals and competitively lost to the Ravens in the Conference round without their starting QB. That's talent. Again, don't sleep on the Texans. Unless Andrew Luck has a rookie season like Andy Dalton, the Texans are making the playoffs again next season.

Unless Andrew Luck has a rookie season like Andy Dalton, the Texans are making the playoffs again next season.

He'd need to have a lot better season than Andy Dalton. Between the decline they were already experiencing and then even losing more players this offseason, the Colts are going to be an awful mess this year, regardless of how well Luck plays. If the Texans lose the division to anyone, it will be Tennessee. And that would still require an epic fail on the part of the Texans.

I'd never thought i'd live long enough

to see a clevland brown, detriot lion, and a New Orleans saint be on the madden cover within 5 years of each other....

amazing

If you ask me, Tannehill is nothing more than a Public Relations draft pick that was made to silence a pissed-off fanbase that is declining season ticket renewal in droves...although I should point out, for the sake of stating the facts exactly as they are, that the last 2 quarterbacks drafted in the first round by the Dolphins are enshrined in Canton.

Cleveland giving up a 1st, 5th, and 7th just to move up one spot for a player that would already be available to them was a wasted trade. And speaking of trades, I thought the majority of trading activity would take place in the 10-16 range, but apparently, I was proven wrong...turns out 3-7 were the picks that got traded (actually, 2-7 with 6 being traded twice if you take the WAS-STL trade from late February/early March into account). I think the rookie salaries from the new CBA were what made that possible.

And thank you Minnesota for taking Kalil, otherwise we wouldn't have traded up with STL to take Claiborne!

If you ask me, Tannehill is nothing more than a Public Relations draft pick that was made to silence a pissed-off fanbase that is declining season ticket renewal in droves

I agree 100% if Miami didn't pick Tannehill, there would be riots right now.

But in all honesty if I was Miami i would of tried to trade down, stock pile on picks, and pick up Weeden

No way Tannehill starts week 1.

All in all, a very interesting draft... especially with all of the trades. I'm excited about Whitney Mercilus joining the Texans.