New Mortal Kombat Concept: my Trilogy film Concept

Man you love doing these concept things... ^-^'

There still seems too much a of time problem with this concept. The film would be only 1 hr and about 10 or so mins long like last two movies properly. Would all this fit inside that amount of short time? I don't think so, each fight is about 2-5 mins long. There is about 6 main fights in both movies for MK don already. And 4 or so small fights. Try to kep to that when doing a concept.

Leaving aside that movies can't usually be released into theatres at 1 hour and 10 minutes...

What's wrong with making it a little longer, like 2 hours? I wouldn't push it past that, though -- some types of movies don't really work as 3 hour epics, and Mortal Kombat is definitely one of them.

Confusion on how you calculated the lenght of my film

To Angel,

I am not really sure what your trying to say, are you trying to say that, [1] a new MK film should be about 1hr 10minutes long? or are you trying to say that [2] from my concept you would say that it would only run for that lenght?

answer to both:
[1] I would NOT make a kombat film or write about one, using any of the previous films as a guide or model.

I would start FRESH, my notion is to use the rich mythology of the Kombat universe and create an epic trilogy, like lord of the rings for example, but with martial arts.

I would not use timeframe or number of fights as guide at all from any previous MK film that doesnt make any sense........

If its the second one then let me clear that up,

[2] what i wrote is just Treatment. How you managed to calculate a time frame from a basic plot outline, doest really make any sense and has given me some confusion on your analysis.

Let me Explain,

I think you missing the point about treatment's or summaries for films. My summaries dont contain any thing but "main" key points, not exacty story progression, it does not contain dialogue, indepth scene descriptions or the like.

As for your reference to the number of fights, again I am refering only to the main fight scenes, not everything single fight that would need to occur to fit this film in to its action/martial arts genre

That really gets left for when it comes time to write a screenplay (of which i have wrote a few, currently pitching them for my own films) in terms of a screenplay or script if you will, it works from there that each page is one minute roughly of film.

You can not gather a timeline and then say my concept is to short from a treatment...cause it contains no real specifc information just a bare, basic brief summary to illustrate key points and story lines that could be used in a, what i would plan for 2hr and 10 minute film....

I hope that clears up any confusion.....I

scorpion'sting said:
the story is cool, but you are leaving mani characters behind!! :?

Hey Scorpion Sting,

I know but i would included as many mk characters in the general tournament fights and other epic battles, instead of just or basic generic fighter i would give them an mk persona, even if they are not key to the story and are just in background.

they key problem with trying to place two many "fantasy" character ins a film makes it seem tacky, kinda of link MKA, but using them as instead of generic fighers or "extra"'s would if done right, give the MK fan something to look for, My thought is "you may not no who is walking past in the background"