Ed Boon Teases "Unexpected Surprise" from NetherRealm

If that's one of the surprises, I'm hoping that 1 of the other 2 is an MK action game.
me too bro, i don't want to get my hopes up but, i have a feeling it will be coming soon. pimppaperclip has an awesome idea too, it would blow my mind to see mk 5-7 hd and in 3d. online or not, my money would be spent.

He said that the suprises would be all in varying degrees.

So he meant that one of the surprises would be really unexpected, while the other two wouldn't be as surprising.

So even if one of the surprises is MK Vita's official announcement (which I'm kinda doubting since Eddy didn't reveal so on his Twitter yet, but oh well), I still think one of the other surprises is gonna be an action-adventure game

Ed tweeted not actually a tweet, but a reply tweet last Nov. 22 and said that they have 3 surprises . . Kinda chilly. .

Ed tweeted not actually a tweet, but a reply tweet last Nov. 22 and said that they have 3 surprises . . Kinda chilly. .

mk on vita
mk game of the year edition
and the third is that there is no third, what a great preet. *new word I just made up, a prank tweet, a preet haha...*

If there is a MK GOTY there is definitely going to be NO more DLC or a Ultimate version with new features, it will strictly have all the DLC that is available now.

Doubt that. Just the DLC

Yes. A game of the year editon just includes all of the DLC released on to it.
So, it'll have all the kostumes and kharacters.. like Rain and Freddy ;)
But no extras, that's a no go.
A GOTY is basically for the people that haven't bought MK9 yet, here's your chance.. and with all the DLC.
It's a win-win situation, but I bet this IS one of the surprises.
But if you guys remember correctly, Ed mentioned in one of his tweets that the..well, I guess 1st surprise is NOT MK9 related.
So, I still got hope for an adventure game :)

But if you guys remember correctly, Ed mentioned in one of his tweets that the..well, I guess 1st surprise is NOT MK9 related.
So, I still got hope for an adventure game :)

He said no to MK9 stuff, UMK9 stuff and MKvsDC2.
That leads me to believe that the surprise is either (A) non-MK related (like a guest character in Sony's "Title Fight"), or (B) an action \ adventure game.

I just read recently that Netherrealm Studios developed Batman Arkham City for iOS with Deathstroke as a guest character.... now that was a surprise as far as I'm concerned.

I just read recently that Netherrealm Studios developed Batman Arkham City for iOS with Deathstroke as a guest character.... now that was a surprise as far as I'm concerned.

Deathstroke is a DC Character, I really don't see him as a guest and he doesn't belong to NRS.

DC and NRS have the same parent company...

Yeah I know, but Deathstroke isn't part of the MK Universe, he's just another DC Character appearing in a Batman game, that's why I don't see him as a guest. Scorpion would be a guest if he were in that game.

It would be great if there were more than 3 surprises.

A company like Warner/NRS always has multiple projects they're working on.
Guarantee they always got three secret projects in the works at all times, best believe they're not sitting on their asses.
Huge possibility a new MK is already in the works, along with other non MK related projects.
Just depends on when we will get to see or hear about them :cool: