Ed Boon Teases "Unexpected Surprise" from NetherRealm

I thought MK vs DC looked good on paper, but the fact that the game aimed for the T-rating (a first for the MK franchise) due to licensing issues ended up watering down the end result. The fact of the matter is, toned-down violence was virtually uncharted territory for MK (with the exception of the SNES port of MK1, and that was completely out of Midway's control), and let's be real here; MK fans don't like to see their product toned down. Turns out this was the last game ever released by Midway, who was already in a bad financial situation to begin with (they had been operating at annual net losses since 2000).

As for Freddy Krueger? Don't you dare make me bring up that Dokken music video he was in; I've posted it in several threads already!

the real failure lied in the games crappy competitive 1v1 mechanics.

I didn't care too much for MK VS DC, it had nothing to do with the super heroes and violence being toned down, the gameplay just felt rushed and noobish. I also couldn't take the game seriously, because of silly features like Free Fall and Klose Kombat. I wouldn't mind them giving that crossover one more try, it has to have the same gameplay as MK9, I'd rather have MK10 and MK VS KI tho.

Maybe Scorpion gonna appears in the new smash bros title..

Maybe netherealm, is gonna make "DC vs Marvel" with the mk9 fisics, and mechanic gameplay.
Or maybe a kind of "terrordrome"

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think it has anything to do with MK9. There's not a chance in the world they would already be making MK10. MK9 JUST came out. It could either be something to do with the new movie, or not MK at all. Or if it is MK related, it will be a SUPER disappointment. Remember when NRS hinted at an AMAZING challenge tower reward. It was the dumbest award for wasting half your life ive ever seen. If its a patch for the arcade kollection that would be retarded. "Unexpected".... hmm... maybe MK PINBALL FX2 TABLE for 360 Arcade... you all know Boon's pinball history... both Zen Studios and Ed Boon follow each other on twitter and both use the "Unreal" engine. or whatever Unreal is... all I know is they know each other on a personal level and Zen made a Street Fighter 2 table. My guess is a Pinball table... that would be SIIIIICCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

its gotta be killer instinct 3, nrs and wb bought the rights, ms wouldnt keep hold of the rights because it isnt a 1st person shooter or gears of war. Plus only those who are older than 18 know what Killer Instinct is.

Sent from me whilst drunk eating a Phall Curry. Remember its not only mad men who listen to fools..

i await geek rage

I didn't care too much for MK VS DC, it had nothing to do with the super heroes and violence being toned down, the gameplay just felt rushed and noobish. I also couldn't take the game seriously, because of silly features like Free Fall and Klose Kombat. I wouldn't mind them giving that crossover one more try, it has to have the same gameplay as MK9, I'd rather have MK10 and MK VS KI tho.

You boob. MK9 is MK vs DC with polished graphics custom combos, more gore and no option to side step. Crossovers are not meant to be taken serious. There meant to be fun. Unless your one of the prats who believes MVC3 is a tournament caliber fighter instead of a fit inducing free for all.

I await comments like "learn how to play" and " learn some moves" etc blah blah blah blah blah blah

sent from me whilst playing high level play driving action game WWE CRUSH HOUR

Confirmed its special forces 2 where kano and jax team up to take on the also mighty TREMOR. A character fans have been begging for because hes brown and throws mud and soil at folk. Damn it we deserved such cool characters as TREMORRRRRR and we got him folks, all down to YOU!!!

I agree with Dedamn666.
Today I even noticed when you do an enhanced move in MK9, it's the exact sound as the pro move in MKvsDC <_<
And the model viewer? JUST like the one in MKvsDC.

Fire. And. Ice. :cool:

^^
I've been saying this for a while now. lol
Signs seem to point towards either Fire and Ice, or another adventure game. 8)
It would be a good way to give something to the fans, while they work on MK10.
You know, keep the fans busy. ;-)

You boob. MK9 is MK vs DC with polished graphics custom combos, more gore and no option to side step. Crossovers are not meant to be taken serious. There meant to be fun. Unless your one of the prats who believes MVC3 is a tournament caliber fighter instead of a fit inducing free for all.

I await comments like "learn how to play" and " learn some moves" etc blah blah blah blah blah blah

sent from me whilst playing high level play driving action game WWE CRUSH HOUR

lol...

That's like saying

You boob Super smash brothers Melee is brawl... just with manual-lcancels, Wavedashing, wavelanding, platform cancelling, lightshielding, powershielding.

The fact you had to make a list of the differences proves it's not the same game. Not even close.

MK9 is suriving competitively... MKvsDC... That game had almost NO competitive spotlight, and it's for good reasons.

Mk9 has MORE than what you mentioned. But I don't want to write a essay just to explain the differences.

Well hey, look at the big challenge tower surprise,, who's to say good old Eduardo de La Boony doesn't have a toasty surprise for all the ladies out there..... oooooooo baby!!!! SCORPIONS BULGING OH MY!!!:bird:

or maybe good ole' Eduardo de La Boony has something else in mind... could be an alternate costume for Jax wearing nothing but satin panties with foam water noodles for arms. Then we could start callin him "Da Sucka Free Satin Prince Of Earthrealm Da BOMB!!!"