Ed Boon Teases "Unexpected Surprise" from NetherRealm

a mortal kombat tekken game?

If they put my two favorite fighting game series in one game?

exorcist_vomit.jpg

It's NOT The Grid 2 or MK9 related

Since it's has nothing to do with the Grid or MK9, I still say that it has to do with either MK10 or a Shaloin Monks sequel.
Plus Carlos Pesina has been Tweeting for the last month that he's been doing more mocap.
Sounds like a new game to me.

MAYBE EVEN ANOTHER BLITZ GAME!!!!

Blitz is in fact releasing as a digital download sometime in january

Its going to be something completely lame.

Ed Boon promised a worthy reward for completing the challenge tower.
Reality: A 3rd barely-there outfit for Mileena. Really, guy?

Ed Boon promised a unique online experience for the new MK.
Reality: A buggy and broken online experience that took far too long to sort out and fix.

Ed Boon promised a game that was true to the roots, and pure MK.
Reality: Freddy Krueger.

Ed Boon promised an Arcade Kollection that would give us the MK games we all loved, remembered and wanted.
Reality: we got a p.o.s. package with no option for screen adjustment, and emulations that looked like a SNES/Genesis port. Not to mention that the UMK3 in the Kollection looked like a burning bag of crap, compared to the stand-alone DLC release years before the Kollection.

Seriously, does anyone actually believe that Ed Boon has any credibility whatsoever with his various statements, teases and promises?

And F.Y.I., a new Blitz is already in the works.

bitter???????

Blitz is in fact releasing as a digital download sometime in january

With an EA logo on it, though (BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Anyone want to think of a world where EA owned the rights to the MK franchise? I sure as hell don't!

When Midway owned the franchise, Blitz not only allowed, but also encouraged, the following:

• Pass interference
  • Late hits (my favorite feature in the franchise)
  • Showboating
  • Excessive celebration

Last edited:
MKSM has absolutely no business even being acknowledged! Not a damn letter in that game was canon, and the development team STILL had the audacity to recognize the game as such! To hell with all future versions of that game!

Canon or not, MKSM had a BIG following and sold very well.
And most importantly of all: It was a FUN game. ;-)

A new action\adventure MK game doesn't necessarily have to be a direct sequel to that game... especially if Rocksteady is involved.

This was actually my next point.
Who ever said that it HAD to be a DIRECT sequel of MKSM.
FIRE AND ICE could be a game that takes place right when Sub-Zero kills Scorpion (pre MK1), and ends up with them teaming up to take out a common enemy (Quan Chi), which IS cannon to the storyline.

Don't be so quick to compare Midway to NRS.
Remember WB has the final say in these type of things now, whereas back in the day Midway always did rushed projects.
Hence, the crap-tastic Armageddon and MKvsDC.

NRS took all the time that they needed to make an AWESOME MK9 game, which is something they couldn't do before, because Midway had limited resources.
I don't doubt that with the funding from WB, and enough time on their hands, that NRS could make a GREAT action\adventure game.

Besides, with NRS NOT working on anything new for MK9 and Carlos Pesina doing NEW mocap, it could only mean 1 of 3 things: (a) They're working on MK10, (b) They're working on an action \ adventure MK game, (c) They're working on a NEW game that's NOT related to MK.

Last edited:
Mortal Kombat: Smoke and Shadow featuring Noob Saibot and Human Smoke lol or how about Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice featuring Scorpion and Subzero.

Mortal Kombat Ketchup and Mustard starring Cyrax and Sektor.

Yeah they where called Ketchup and Mustard at one point during development of MK3.

- an MK Strategy Game like Age of Mythology (chances 0.01%)
- MK Mythologies with Sub-Zero & Scorpion (something like Batman Arkham City)
- a new game from Netherrealm Studios, nothing to do with MK
- MK 10 announcing
- an MK character as DLC in another game

We know that it has nothing to do with MK9, nothing to do with the upcoming movie, Pesina is doing some mocap, world ends 2012, MK for Vita is not "unexpected", ... what else...

Hmmm . . . ? ?

List Unexpectable Surprise:
1.) MKHD/MKHDAK
2.) Fire and Ice
3.) John Tobias will comeback again! !
4.) Tremor? lol!

ed boon is going to shave off his eyebrows and hold a contest! one lucky winner will recieve said eyebrows and be able to keep warm this winter snuggling up to those patchwork quilts of thatch.