Ed Boon Teases "Unexpected Surprise" from NetherRealm

The MKAK didn't look as bad as the SNES\Genesis ports but wasn't perfect no. Especially not as bad as the genesis ports where they had to reduce the colors to 64 colors.... and most of the SNES ports they shrank the sprites and drew over them. They didn't do that in the MKAK. Also they downsampled the sound effects in the 16-bit ports and used console specific MIDI songs rather than the original songs. But hey don't let my facts inconvenience your vitriol towards the MKAK.

If I have to personally adjust my own television's screen display settings for a game to fill the screen in the year 2011 on a current generation console, then there's a huge problem.

UMK3 allowed for that, and it looks phenomenal. No excuse whatsoever as to why the Kollection couldn't provide that option.

MKSM has absolutely no business even being acknowledged! Not a damn letter in that game was canon, and the development team STILL had the audacity to recognize the game as such! To hell with all future versions of that game!

If I have to personally adjust my own television's screen display settings for a game to fill the screen in the year 2011 on a current generation console, then there's a huge problem.

UMK3 allowed for that, and it looks phenomenal. No excuse whatsoever as to why the Kollection couldn't provide that option.

Just because it doesn't let you stretch it to the width of your screen doesn't make it as bad as the 16-bit versions. Like I said it's not perfect I even bolded and underlined that so you don't miss it. But you did anyway thinking I said there's nothing wrong with the MKAK which I never said.

Personal preferences aside unstretched is the proper way to see it anyway.

MKSM has absolutely no business even being acknowledged! Not a damn letter in that game was canon, and the development team STILL had the audacity to recognize the game as such! To hell with all future versions of that game!

A new action\adventure MK game doesn't necessarily have to be a direct sequel to that game... especially if Rocksteady is involved.

I hope its the MK9 PC version, but i doubt it!!

Your right to doubt, because Boon said this news has nothing to do with MK9.
And let's not turn this into another goddamn Arcade Kollection complaint thread, shit.
I am the only one truly excited over this news??!!
It seems like it's been forever since I've been this stoked.

KI3 would be unexpected but I doubt NRS would have anything to do with that series.

Furthermore even an MK vs KI would be a good fit in my opinion but I doubt it's that either.

Ed Boon said something to the effect of the rights being tangled up between Rare and Nintendo which are the only ones around out of the three who had a hand in releasing it at the arcade (since Midway is gone).

I'm guessing Rare has the rights to it now but that would mean Xbox exclusivity if they where to bring it back I think.. provided they can get it past Nintendo. I'm just guessing.

It wouldn't be anything to do with the movie. Warner bros. would announce anything pertaining to that. NRS is a game studio they wouldn't announce movies.
My top 3 guesses are.

1.) MK10 in 2012 to celebrate MK's 20th Anniversary.
2.) MK: Vitality coming at the PS:Vita launch.

3.) MK: Fire & Ice

Hopefully its the third. That would be awesome. Some of the NRS guys worked on Arkham City, maybe they took some valuable lessons on designing a 3rd person action game away from that.
And Scorpion and Sub-Zero's endings hint at their team up. But we will see. I wouldn't count out more DLC though. Boon has denied things before.

I think those (the patch or PC version of MKAK) are expected though. Not sure whether I'd qualify Vitality or Fire and Ice as expected or not though.

I'd qualify the PC version of MK9 as unexpected since everyone thinks it's not coming. But if "No sir" means what it implies rather than something else like "No sir that's not all you need to know" or "No sir you don't need to know" then it probably isn't that. Unless they name it something else like UMK like I said. :p

But yeah Ed Boon has said some deliberately misleading and or vague hints or just things to stir up interest\talk in the past so we'll have to see either way.

It may even be unrelated to MK. Or even the fighting genre. That would be the most unexpected thing.
I'm just not buying in to the hype yet, because I really don't want to be let down.

Unexpected news, Mortal Kombat the board game and collectors cards from NRS.

NRS is going to make a new breakfast cereal or candy bars with MK logos on them.

NRS branded Mac & cheese with shaped taken from MK or The Grid!

Just kidding