MKHS: Second Semester

What about FJ's fanfic? Or the Fire and Ice fanfic?
TBH, I really just scan through the text, I love comedy fan fic :)

so you mean best fanfic on TRMK then? Because I have read far, FAR better ( not to criticize MKHS, but it's true) on fanfic.net. In terms of how well written it is, it inconsistently ranges from good to quite bad depending on who's writing. Some writers tend to force the humor as well, or over use Internet memes. Yung's chapters, for example, are very funny, but leave a lot of room for improvement in terms of writing quality.

Also, I'm pretty sure Yung explicitly stated that his one goal in life was to keep this thread on-topic. Nice job making his life worthless vital and extremery.

*FacePalm* Well its ok its not like we destroyed the MKHS thread even tough.. every four pages are filled with our nonsense. :neutral:

What's the room for improvement that I need Toxic? Besides my life isn't that worthless, I still make people laugh so that's something :). Also you never finished your two fanfics that I read. That's probably why I left you out.

It's hard to tell with your format of storytelling, bit some of the writing will often seem quite sloppy. Also, much of your humor is the "in your face style," and can often be seen coming from quite a ways a way. More subtle hints of humor would be a nice inclusion and would balance things out.

Ongoing jokes, like Kung Lao's Mass Effect addiction and Stryker's word challenge that I created would also serve to improve things a bit, as they create 'humor anchors,' and allow the reader to read your joke, subtle or not, and think "Is that character still doing that?" or "Is that still going on?". Ongoing jokes often get funnier with each piece added.

I also find that you sometimes rely on crude language to make something funny. Curses, moreso than anything else, tend to make humor feel forced. It's okay to included them every once and a while to emphasize emotions such as anger or exasperation, but repeated use ruins the effectiveness and can even go so far as to detach the reader from a character.

I'd say more, but typing on an iPod is really quite annoying.

It's hard to tell with your format of storytelling, bit some of the writing will often seem quite sloppy. Also, much of your humor is the "in your face style," and can often be seen coming from quite a ways a way. More subtle hints of humor would be a nice inclusion and would balance things out.

Ongoing jokes, like Kung Lao's Mass Effect addiction and Stryker's word challenge that I created would also serve to improve things a bit, as they create 'humor anchors,' and allow the reader to read your joke, subtle or not, and think "Is that character still doing that?" or "Is that still going on?". Ongoing jokes often get funnier with each piece added.

I also find that you sometimes rely on crude language to make something funny. Curses, moreso than anything else, tend to make humor feel forced. It's okay to included them every once and a while to emphasize emotions such as anger or exasperation, but repeated use ruins the effectiveness and can even go so far as to detach the reader from a character.

I'd say more, but typing on an iPod is really quite annoying.

I agree with you on the cursing. It's how me and my friends do comedy so my writing reflects off that.

I never did learn subtle humor. Could you care to give an example if you don't mind.

The easiest form of subtle humor is references. References to past events, on going disputes, anything in the stories universe really. It's as easy as "this is just like that time where..."

Also, background events. Two people are just talking, then a dispute happens in the background, right near the two main characters and neither of them notice it. Maybe Kano's Ina drunken Rae and smashing tables all around Scorpion and Subzero but they're both so divided on their conversation that neither notice.

The easiest form of subtle humor is references. References to past events, on going disputes, anything in the stories universe really. It's as easy as "this is just like that time where..."

Also, background events. Two people are just talking, then a dispute happens in the background, right near the two main characters and neither of them notice it. Maybe Kano's Ina drunken Rae and smashing tables all around Scorpion and Subzero but they're both so divided on their conversation that neither notice.

Oh that type of humor. The second example you gave me would be funny if it were a tv. Always going back to a certain joke doesn't feel right to me. I like (try) to keep it fresh. I dont know ill try subtle, see where it takes me

*Points gun at writers*

DROP WHAT YOUR DOIN' N write me a MILEENA MK:HS SHORT RIGHT NOW!!!

oh and LOL i see what you did der havok :proud:

Damn it Vital!! :afraid:

Mileena: Scorpy!
Scorpion: Mily!
Mileena: Want some cookies?
Scorpion: Yes!
Mileena: Want a drink of milk?
Scorpion: Of course.
Mileena: Want a teddy bear
Scorpion: F*ck that! *Slams teddy bear to the ground and starts punching it. After he's down he stands over the remains* You come around my territory and me and my crew will bury you under the sea!!
Mily: ...

I can't write a funny short with a gun pointing at me :afraid:
Scorpion: Sorry I have daddy issues.
Mileena: But uh, You know what ok.

Damn it Vital!! :afraid:

Mileena: Scorpy!
Scorpion: Mily!
Mileena: Want some cookies?
Scorpion: Yes!
Mileena: Want a drink of milk?
Scorpion: Of course.
Mileena: Want a teddy bear
Scorpion: F*ck that! *Slams teddy bear to the ground and starts punching it. After he's down he stands over the remains* You come around my territory and me and my crew will bury you under the sea!!
Mily: ...

I can't write a funny short with a gun pointing at me :afraid:
Scorpion: Sorry I have daddy issues.
Mileena: But uh, You know what ok.

YES!!! I want moarrrr!!! *Pulls trigger Click click ckclclmskiafwk* :stupido2: Awww... :(

Never fear i Byrd brain is here to save the day!

Scorpion:So we all have an inner animal huh?
Mileena:Yup thats what nightwolf and raiden said.
Scorpion:You should try it.
Mileena: okay.... (focuses and transforms into a strangely hot furry skunk)
Scorpion:HOLY SHIT THATS HOT!!!!
Mileena:I wonder whats your inner animal?
Scorpion: does my name ring a bell mily? anyways...(Focuses and transforms) AW YEAH LOOK OUT SUB ZERoooooowait why do have flippers instead of pincers and how did you get taller Mily?
Mileena: (Snickers) You may want to look at the mirror
Scorpion looks at the mirror and finds out he is a penguin
scorpions reaction:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_zG7n-tVI

alternate ending dun dun duuuuuunnnnnnnn

Scorpion: does my name ring a bell mily? anyways...(Focuses and transforms) AW YEAH LOOK OUT SUB ZERoooooowait why do have stuffed paws instead of pincers and how did you get taller Mily?
Mileena: (Snickers) You may want to look at the mirror
Scorpion looks at the mirror and finds out he is a teddy bear
scorpions reaction:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenmjYW6Rhc&feature=related

I hope this satisfies you ViTal now ByrdBrain AWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!

^ YES!!! But Mileena is a Majestic horse galopping through the endless plains looking for her lover, Vital..