Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

I too own this game now
(never owned the original version, so I'm reffering to the game in its complete form without being biased due to the Ultimate update)

some people on this site are gonna hate this game just cause it's made by Capcom, but their opionion is invalid because they are fanboys. As for the rest who hate it for being unbalanced, I agree. But the game is what is it. A crazy unpredicatable circus of a fighter. And well, It's not the end of the world. If you want something more competitive you can stick to Street Fighter 4, or wait for Street Fighter VS Tekken. This is something different that Capcom wanted to do I guess. I would have liked them to get more serious with it, but the game still handles well.

As for the character roster, Marvel got ****ed over with their characters. Capcom's got a good roster here. They have their share of shit characters too, but the Marvel choices......just no. So many shit characters no one wants. Which is a shame cause Marvel has so many good ones they could have used. But I make with the good ones that they have, and I still try to enjoy the game. Which I do. It's a fun game, and I recommend it.

But Rocket Raccoon is a BAMF. I approve of him. A good example of an obscure character. He's that unknown, yet funny enough that it works. Unlike most of the obscure characters in here like Nova, Iron Fist or X-23 that are just plain generic and boring. **** them.

Last edited:
I agree completely with sky

this game feels like it's missing stuff but it's mostly the story that is. Either way it's a crossover game. So a story isn't even necessary. Never bought the original MvC3 so I didn't get ripped off.

My only compliant is that they added some terrible choices like She-Hulk, modok, c.viper. spencer, tron, but worst of all they added what many G n Gs players have come to know as the flying red *******.
no joke thats his name.

I wanted Guile, Dare Devil, and Shiva

and i would like to complain about the fact that the game is unbalanced but hey its a fighter so whatever

Im also thinking of using my MK fightstick but that might be dangerous or something

and as you can tell by my sig I love Deadpool. They gave him the best moves, theme, and dialogue

Spoiler:

^ I actually like MODOK. Like I said. If they are gonna choose an obscure character, at least make it stand out by making it wierd or funny. So I like MODOK's inclusion.

as for the game, I went in knowing it wasnt going to be a serious balanced fighter. And it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out. I mean just take a look at it sometimes. So I wasnt too dissapointed by the gameplay because I knew what to expect. The only thing that buggs me is the poor choice of characters that they decided on.

but I guess we all have different opinions on which characters are cool, and which are shit though

"Get over here!"

I don't really like that Phoneix Wright is in the game. He just doesn't belong there. Besides when you fight with him, how many of you get into Turnabout Mode?

I don't really like that Phoneix Wright is in the game. He just doesn't belong there. Besides when you fight with him, how many of you get into Turnabout Mode?

Alot of people are turned off by his gameplay and I dont blame them. And I think he was only put in because fans wouldnt stop rambling on about how he should be added. They got what they asked for, but in the end theres not alot you can make a scrawny ass lawyer do. So he's really just there just for the sake of being there.

They really need to get serious on their DLC. I know they have Jill and Shuma Gorath, but theres a whole lot of characters missing from the previous installments. I'm not really familiar on how serious Capcom is with DLC. How shitty is it? I hope not too much cause I really want to play as Venom And Guile

Hell yes Sky! DLC please, and for f*ck sakes Capcom I know you meant well with the characters from the Marvel side but nobody gives two shits about Iron Fist. Venom, Gambit, etc. Also Guile would be so nice

nuh uh!!!

UMVC3 is a balanced game, with balanced characters and it's gameplay mechanics are the scent of perfection
Can you tell that I was b*llshitting ;)?

Anyone who thinks UMvC3 is a serious competitive fighter is crazy. It just is ridiculous how easy that game is.

I think we all realize this by now, I explained why I am ok with it. But I would have liked them to cut down on the noob friendly features a bit, such as the Xfactor. It could have stayed in the game, but needed to have the option to turn it off.

Unless you know of people who still try and force this game as a serious fighter. They're only making it less fun on themselves, and should probably just leave the game alone altogether cause there's nothing they can really do.

Have you seen the way those Magnetos move?

What about that inescapable Haggar technology?
This game may blow, but to say it isn't deep is silly.

I got the original game. I haven't played Ultimate yet to know any significant changes beyond the additional characters. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm not compelled to play it as much as MK or KoF13.