Mortal Kombat Vs Killer Instinct!

Darth Sadistic

BANALITY
We have seen some cool cross over games, such as Marvel vs Capcom, X-Men vs Streetfighter, Capcom vs SNK etc.
I was just thinkng if MK were to be crossed over with any other game, what would it be? Well I reckon that the best match up would be Killer Instinct. Which I feel deserved a true 3D outing and never got one!
Your thoughts? :D

Perhaps... I'd rather see a MK vs. Soul Calibur 2, because the weapons, fighting styles, and the occult are in place.

Probably an MK-Street Fighter game for me. I'm a big fan of both and would love to have this made. PS: The MK fighters wouldn't have any weapons, though :( .

Don't forget that most of the Killer Instinct characters had weapons! Also thats kind of my point! We didn't get to see Killer Instinct evolve in the way we did with MK. So thats why I would want to see KI brought up to date and get it on against the MK fighters!
Plus the KI fighters are much more interesting than Soul Caliburs!

There is talk of KI3 finally coming out, but I doubt we'd see a Versus title because either Rare or Nintendo holds the license for the game, not Midway.

But seeing that they are both my favorite fighting games I'd love to see it!

I agree that Killer Instinct would be the best suited versus for MK. However, I personally just think that KI would have to release their own 3D game so they can work some of the kinks out and creat their own niche again so it wouldn't be a crapped up game.

Most likely won't happen, but interesting hypothetical.

mk versus ki and mk versus street fighter are both great ideas. id love to see either, or even some rediculous combination of all three, imagine that? i would hate to see weapons eliminated though. also i always wanted to see street fighter with fatalities. as for soul calibur, there are characters in that game from all over, spawn? link? heihachi? to me taking a game thats already kind of a crossover in itself and crossing it over again seems excessive. what kind of story line could they possibly write to explain why liu kang is battling link?

some wacked out king of fighters style game would be ace, where all the characters are in teams, but all the teams would represent different games, and the control would stay faithful to whoever you choose, like in capcom fighting jam
eg

team MK
team street fighter
team king of fighters
team darkstalkers
team bloody roar

i think itd be amazin in full 3d, although neither capcom or snk have quite mastered in yet