Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I never played Morrorwind but I did play Oblivion and I loved that game. What I loved about it was that you could completely deviate from the main quest and do your own things and do mini quests. I remember one mini quest I was looking for a cure for this rich noblemans wife who happened to be a vampire, and I ended up becoming a vampire. This was actually kinda cool, because being a vampire added a completely different angle to the game.

I need to know one thing. Is Skyrim something I need to get on my next pay day (two weeks time)?

Unfortunately for me, the screen is cut off on the sides, which means I cannot read anything on the menu screen. Either the problem wasn't there with other games it's just the position of the menus in this game makes it far more noticeable.

As for the game itself, it's more streamlined than what I would imagine. Perhaps too much since there is less flexibility in developing your character. However, I do think stealth and combat doesn't feel as awkward like it used to be. Leveling is much more bearable than Oblivion's (I'm not sure about the Elder games before it); in the latter since you pretty much are forced to carefully grind your skills or be seriously underpowered as you level up.

Last edited:
Haven't played the game yet but I insult it in front of my friend just to get him going cause he has been talking about it every day, for every minute since it's been announced :laugh:

Skyrim has sold 3.4 million copies as of now! :)

thats pretty good.
I never would have thought back when I first got Morrowind that these games would be so popular. I thought they were just gonna stay with the same group of people. But I'm glad that it's gotten so huge. Let there be more elder scrolls (and fallout!) games to come in the future.

also in Skyrim, it's fun pissing off the giants and when they club the shit out of you, it's funny to watch your corpse fly into the sky and never come back down

also in Skyrim, it's fun pissing off the giants and when they club the shit out of you, it's funny to watch your corpse fly into the sky and never come back down

I love that!

I was fooled though.
In the trailer of Skyrim it shows you walking next to a giant, so I figured they were friendly.
The first time I see one I walk up to say whats up and he clubs the ever loving shit out of me.
Sending me flying into the air :laugh:

Giants are ****ing tough.
I'm level 20 and I can only take 1 hit from them before I'm in the danger zone.

very important question!! are there any dresses for females? i know Oblivion had pretty gowns in the Shivering Isles DLC pack, but i'm not sure about Skyrim having them.

very important question!! are there any dresses for females? i know Oblivion had pretty gowns in the Shivering Isles DLC pack, but i'm not sure about Skyrim having them.

I'm pretty sure there is, BBB? you know?

I only have made one male elf character so far, and I usually make a female character in fallout/elder scrolls my second playthough. But I think you can

I'm pretty sure there is, BBB? you know?

I only have made one male elf character so far, and I usually make a female character in fallout/elder scrolls my second playthough. But I think you can

cool! i always wear dresses, it makes me feel like a princess. i search for strong jewellery instead of armour if people are wondering.

In Oblivion, armor weakens the effect of magic by as much as 20%, hence enchanted clothing is suitable for pure mages who want effective spells over protection. Would that be the case in Skyrim?

Last edited:
My current playthough is an Orc, primarily focusing on melee. I plan on having 12 perks spent on heavy armor, 13 on two-handed, and 10 on smithing (although I may go forgo light armor-oriented sets to free up my perks). With the soft cap of 50, I'm left with 15 points, enough to focus on another skill tree. I'm undecided between alchemy, lockpicking, archery, enchanting, and block.

Spoiler:
"You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelaguis. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old? You are the best Septim that's ever ruled. Well, except for that Martin fellow, but he turned into a dragon god, and that's hardly sporting." - Sheogorath

Definitely my favorite quote from the game.

Is anyone else getting MASSIVE framerate drops?

After the prison break quest in Markarth, anywhere I go is a complete lagfest, no matter what is going on.
Its seriously pissing me off!