What is Armageddon?

Flying Jinko

I always been wondering what 'Armageddon' in the events of MKA was. Has it already begun before the battle at the Pyramid of Argus? Or perhaps it is battle at the pyramid? Or will it get unleashed by the last warrior surviving after the battle? What do you guys think?:)

I think it's the epic battle between all the Kombatants.
The sheer intensity of everyone battling everyone created the Armageddon.
Just my take on it, though.

Every Kombatant chose a side. The forces of light or the forces of darkness or evil(One of the two). Then Blaze appeared and everyone fought for the power of Blaze. Then they all died except for Kahn and Raiden. Raiden and Kahn battle then the mental message thingy and next thing y'know were in MK9 :D

I always been wondering what 'Armageddon' in the events of MKA was. Has it already begun before the battle at the Pyramid of Argus? Or perhaps it is battle at the pyramid? Or will it get unleashed by the last warrior surviving after the battle? What do you guys think?:)

All of the above.

The preparation to Armageddon began in the events of MK 1 thru 3 (which MK9 shows us).
The battle at the Pyramid of Argus was Armageddon itself.
And finally, the aftermath of Armageddon is what is done by the last warrior surviving.

The aftermath can be either good or bad, depending on who is the last warrior standing.
As we saw in MK9, the Armageddon aftermath in the hands of someone like Shao Kahn is VERY dangerous.
On the other hand, in the hands of a more noble warrior like Liu Kang, Armageddon aftermath may have a more positive outcome.

All of the above.

The preparation to Armageddon began in the events of MK 1 thru 3 (which MK9 shows us).
The battle at the Pyramid of Argus was Armageddon itself.
And finally, the aftermath of Armageddon is what is done by the last warrior surviving.

The aftermath can be either good or bad, depending on who is the last warrior standing.
As we saw in MK9, the Armageddon aftermath in the hands of someone like Shao Kahn is VERY dangerous.
On the other hand, in the hands of a more noble warrior like Liu Kang, Armageddon aftermath may have a more positive outcome.

So kahn had the power of blaze?

I would really like to know how though, because when Shang Stung was battling Shao Kahn on the pyramid, Onaga took Shao Kahn away. And then Taven defeated Blaze, yet somehow Shao Kahn ended back up at the top with Raiden and Taven was nowhere to be seen.

I would really like to know how though, because when Shang Stung was battling Shao Kahn on the pyramid, Onaga took Shao Kahn away. And then Taven defeated Blaze, yet somehow Shao Kahn ended back up at the top with Raiden and Taven was nowhere to be seen.
Whoa Khristianity!! A blast from the past, welcome back man.

And yea, I too would like to know exactly how it happened. I am guessing it may be somewhat like Taven's MKA ending where even after defeating Blaze, instead of stripping the warriors of their powers, it fueled them more. Also Shao Kahn would have easily defeated Onaga (since he no longer has the kamidogu powering him) and somehow made his way back to the pyramid and defeated the remaining warriors.

Whoa Khristianity!! A blast from the past, welcome back man.

And yea, I too would like to know exactly how it happened. I am guessing it may be somewhat like Taven's MKA ending where even after defeating Blaze, instead of stripping the warriors of their powers, it fueled them more. Also Shao Kahn would have easily defeated Onaga (since he no longer has the kamidogu powering him) and somehow made his way back to the pyramid and defeated the remaining warriors.

Im thinkin along those lines as well but the more interesting question for me is whats the status of Liu Kang's spirit after the events of Armageddon

[Fanfic time right here!]I like to imagine something on these lines happened:

(Taven): I finally completed my task...
(Raiden): But at which cost...?

Both look down, and see a trail of death...when, suddenly, Onaga's body falls on the opposite side of the pyramid. When they turn around to see it, a falling Shao Kahn surprises Raiden blowing Taven's head up with his hammer, and then hits Raiden on his ribs, sending him flying to a corner. And then...*MK2011 intro*

actually the last armageddon took place in mk:trilogy,,so Mk:A,,should be called,,mk:a:trilogy 2,,,p