Technical Characters

Flagg

I can play a few characters now. Some better than others. I've just started using Shang, he is awesome but hands down the most technical character I've mained.

Jade is a bit technical and Kabal I imagine is very technical as well.

Do technical characters put you guys off or do you love it and who do you think is technical?

First off, we would probably need a definition of what a technical character is. I think a technical character would be a character who is fairly hard to use properly, and who's gameplay is mainly focused on a particular playstyle (such as zoning or rushdown). By this definition, characters like Noob Saibot, Sonya, Jax, Kabal and Jade are technical characters.

Noob saibot. I love him as a character but i dont like his play style <_< I love the offensive characters.

Kabal and Skarlet by far are the definition of a technical character in MK. There are some characters who can play well, but play even better at an advanced level, which includes technical strategies: kitana, reptile and jade to name a few

I just started going to the lab with Kano and I believe he is very technical because you can wait for mistakes and capitalize on them. He's so much fun.

Skarlet is a very technical character with some of her juggles.

I do find Sindel a very technical character too. She doesn't have much going for her, and she's hard to trick people.

i would say quan, but i dont find him that technical anymore,
kabal.. i dont really find technical.. i guess coz i dont really use dash cancel strings, i love his reset though.
sonya i've been maining now and man... she's got some serious technique with her harder combo's and set ups

i was gonna say.. you really cant go past shang tsung for being technical...
but then i thought about cyber sub.... he can be hella technical.. i dont think we've seen his full potential..

he is technical for me because he is hard to get used to all the different distance projectiles when stringing them and other moves all together fast - very hard.

To clarify what Reptile said, yes I do mean in terms of difficulty but great potential at the high end of the spectrum.

I would agree that Shang, Scarlet, Kabal, Jade, Jax and Sonya are. Perhaps Quan and Sindel as well.

Kano definitely isn't! Not sure Noob or Reptile is either.

Jade is very technical with delayed issues (which need to be buffed) but she is still my main along with Kitana (who I think needs her speed back).

i think sonya and skarlet are the most technical characters in the whole roster. u need close to perfect timing to juggle with these two characters, that being said i couldnt link sonya's kiss stun if my life depended on it wtf.

Last edited:
To clarify what Reptile said, yes I do mean in terms of difficulty but great potential at the high end of the spectrum.

I would agree that Shang, Scarlet, Kabal, Jade, Jax and Sonya are. Perhaps Quan and Sindel as well.

Kano definitely isn't! Not sure Noob or Reptile is either.

Hey Kano has a lot of untapped potential I think it's unfair to completely take him out of the picture.

I'd say every character with instant air anything is very technical (not including Raiden's superman)

Hey Kano has a lot of untapped potential I think it's unfair to completely take him out of the picture.

I'd say every character with instant air anything is very technical (not including Raiden's superman)

Oh yes! Mileena's insta air sias are hard to execute <-<