Your wishlist for MK10

If my beloved Cyber Subzero doesn't make a return, that is all fine with me.. as long as he is DLC or unlockable.
However, if there is no Cyber Sub at all.. then at least put Smoke back as a Cyborg.
Someone other than Ketchup and Mustard gotta bring that Lin Kuei tech :cool:

I don't like Shinnok in his current form, but with a revamp he could be irresistible. Here are some ideas that I think can make Shinnok the most badass MK villain in history:

Make him seemingly omniscient and cunning as the lord of all evil, and do away with his bright red clothes in favor of a darker attire like in Mythologies. Also, make him single-minded in a sense as he initially only seeks out his Amulet/revenge on the Heavens and once both are acquired, and then when those two are accomplished have him focus on his desires to rule all of the Earthrealm.

To reflect the change in Shinnok's power during the story, Shinnok's old, decrepit skin and raspy voice could both turn young again after he acquires his Amulet and is at full power and also he would have a more arrogant attitude instead of being vengeful and sneaky as a result of this.

His ability to transform into an immense demonic creature would be his ultimate form and his last resort, and there could be another form of his that would be scarier looking and it would be more of a ghostly rendition of him (think Giygas from Earthbound).

Simply making him a cheap mofo like Shao Kahn isn't gonna work. Instead of jacking Kahn's swagga, he needs to be badass in his own way.

Definitely make him more of a threat this time and not a joke like in MK4. They could kick off MK10 with a bang with a scene showing him brutally slaughtering many if not all of the Elder Gods. They also could explore the aspects of him demanding no less than unwavering loyalty from his followers and being the Ruler of the Netherrealm more in-depth. How about a scene where Shinnok and his most loyal servants (Quan Chi, Noob Saibot, etc) stand over a fiery cliff while legions of demons and Oni worship him? And a scene where he kills one of his Oni minions without hesitation when they doubt his decisions?

By making the war against Shinnok more of a struggle that seems futile (they could even stretch the struggle to two games if they want), it would help represent the increase in scope and ambition for MK10.

As some have suggested in this thread, he should play on his skeleton/portal powers a lot more in-game. Being the unplayable final boss is also a great idea, and the background music would sound more epic and assist in helping the player feeling they're about to fight a powerful, fallen Elder God.

Yes... yes I'm feelin' Shinnok now. What do y'all think of all of this?

Here's some ideas I had for Shinnok

Last edited:
:cool:
Now that is some good ass thinking, my boy.
Does Smoke have Cyrax's moves?
Or is Cyrax just a shell that Smoke operates in?

That's where I'm stumped at :laugh:
If he had Cyrax's moves then people will shout "clone!!" Vice versa they'll say "Just Smoke with some metal on it"

Its really up to the fans really

Other things I've thought of:

-NO guest characters. Can we keep Freddy and Kratos out of the MK universe?

-Better practice/training mode.

-Perhaps a few personalized intros when certain characters are about to face each other in two-player mode (ex. Scorpion v. Sub-Zero).

^ The personalised intro is a popular requested feature and hopefully it will be included. Also besides for specific fights I would like atleast 4 intros and outros per character like Tekken.

Another thing which Im not very keen on is the character driven chapters in the storymode in the sense that the story will be driven on the basis of ''how to fit various characters in so that each character will get a chapter'' and not the story itself. I feel it will greatly limit the potential of a good story. I liked the MK9's storymode but frankly I was expecting a lot more as far as twists and an alternative retelling was concerned. MK1 and most of MK2 remained the same.

Bottomline, I hope NRS finds a way out of this and develop a good storymode by not focussing to much on seeing whether characters get a chapter for themselves.

VS CPU mode

why this wasnt in MK9 I have no idea. The only reason I can think of is maybe they left it out because the classic games didnt have this feature and they wanted to keep in tradition.
But to hell with tradition I say. Time to get with the times.

I know there was Practice mode in MK9, but that didnt have life bars so it didnt have the full effect. VS CPU can be the best practice in a way. Next to online play of course, but I understand maybe not everyone has online, or lag is a serious problem for them.

Not only that, but it's fun being able to choose the characters you want to make fight eachother, do their intros on the stage you want , and be able to do a fatality. All on your own time without having to get a P2. I want alot of characters and stages added to MK10, but they got to get on this.

Concerning the dead characters, I believe they will do something like MKD. All of the dead characters stayed dead, and Lui Kang and Raiden were secret characters added for fans. Subzero might and might not return. If he does return, he won't be human again (unless they do the Cyrax MK4 ending thing). Otherwise, his human form will be released as a DLC character. I believe Frost will replace him with more original ice moves (back then, everyone actually liked Subzero because he can freeze people).

As for the roster, I believe everyone who is still alive will be in the game along with the Following:
-Tanya
-Rain
-Skarlet
-Frost
-Kenshi
-Havik
-Sareena
-Jataaka
-Kia
-Ashrah (As a bad girl?)
-Quan Chi
-Shinnok
-Moloch (Maybe Drahmin at his side too. As a Sub-boss.)
-Reiko
-Fuujin
-Li Mei
-Bo Rai Cho
-And some new characters.

2 other things I'd like to see are the cinematic endings like they did in Mortal Kombat 4 and Quan Chi's Overlord Voice from MK4.

I like your idea too. I forgot about Frost. Now that you've mentioned it, I'm about 75% sure Frost will take Sub-Zero's place in the spotlight. In your roster, I'd also want to add Nitara, Mavado, Khameleon, and Chameleon.

As far as moves go, it would be nice for Tanya and/or Kia to borrow Jade's boomerang move but in a modified version (especially if Jade won't be in the game, though I am hoping she will be as a playable character). Also, Mavado can have the hookswords this time but a more modified version so it can be his own, rather than stealing them from Kabal.

Some more ideas id like for the next game.

Boss Progression (from lowest to highest)

Quan Chi - perhaps with double the health bar.

Possesed evil Raiden - an evil version of Raiden whose soul has been possessed by Shinnok, his electricity, eyes, blue portions of his attire turn blood red and he is OP, dealing insane damage and taking less compared to normal characters.

Spectre Liu Kang - A spectre version of Liu Kang who quan chi resurrects in similar fashion to how he resurrected scorpion. His body is pale containing the burnt marks when he was killed by raiden, white eyes, flowing hair, and flames engulfing his hands occasionaly. He too could be OP same as Evil Raiden.

Motaro - Like the same cheap ass he was in Mk3.

Hellbeast - The hellbeast boss from MKSM. He could be a towering bohemoth, standing as tall as perhaps Onaga, his attackas can cause flame damage that slowly eats away your health overtime.

Shinnok - He could have 3 forms. His normal form, his demon form and a more gruesome form which we have not seen, each of them having their own full health bar. (Props to Bruce for the idea. :cool:)

Ok... These are some of my ideas...

- Keep the dead characters but make them unlockable by buying them in the krypt ( exept for sub zero cause he is one of the most important people in the storyline )
- Keep the Kreate a Fighter and make the player be able to make their own fatality for them )
- Make Shao Kahn a sub boss and make Quan Chi ( tag teamed with scorpion) the final boss of the ' Ladder '
- Let the character be able to buy all the dead characters ( and the original sub bosses ' Motaro , Goro , and Kintaro )
- Keep all the ninja characters already unlocked at the beginning of the game ( examples are scorpion, sub zero Rain, Reptile, ETC)
- Finally make the characters have 3 fatalities, 1 babality , more stage fatalities, and 1 animality ( at least make the animality make sense, unlike the one where replite turns into a monkey in MK2 or 3 ( I forgot )

That's all thanks for reading this , and I will have further discussions later.... :)

Ok... These are some of my ideas...

- Keep the dead characters but make them unlockable by buying them in the krypt ( exept for sub zero cause he is one of the most important people in the storyline )
- Keep the Kreate a Fighter and make the player be able to make their own fatality for them )
- Make Shao Kahn a sub boss and make Quan Chi ( tag teamed with scorpion) the final boss of the ' Ladder '
- Let the character be able to buy all the dead characters ( and the original sub bosses ' Motaro , Goro , and Kintaro )
- Keep all the ninja characters already unlocked at the beginning of the game ( examples are scorpion, sub zero Rain, Reptile, ETC)
- Finally make the characters have 3 fatalities, 1 babality , more stage fatalities, and 1 animality ( at least make the animality make sense, unlike the one where replite turns into a monkey in MK2 or 3 ( I forgot )

That's all thanks for reading this , and I will have further discussions later.... :)

welcome to the forums ImSoEpic

Anyways, I noticed that I have made a mistake in my last post.. ( when i meant buy " buying " the characters, I meant by buying them with Koins)

Also i'm gonna explain the amount of koins each character would be..
- Cyborgs ( Cyber Sub Zero, Cyber Smoke, Cyrax, and Sektor ) Will cost 5,000 koins each
- Bosses ( Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Shinnok, and Blaze) Will cost 10,000 koins each
- Dead characters from the last game ( Jax, Nightwolf, Smoke, ETC) Will be 2,000 koins each
- Sub Bosses ( Motaro, Goro, and Kintaro ) Will be 7,000 koins each

- Also thought of a Guest Character idea of having the " Predator " from Aliens Vs Predator to be a character........

Anyways.... Thats all for now... :marchmellow:

- Better netcode

- HUMAN Sub-Zero

- NO GUEST CHARACTERS
This isn't f***ing Soul Calibur.
MK9 has made tons of cash, and MK10 can stand on it's own now.
F*** GUEST CHARACTERS

- Less cut-point fatalities

Last edited: