Your wishlist for MK10

Not a fan of the fixed story structure in MK9, I feel that MK's universe is too vast for that

So I'd like a more ambitious story mode *cough* this is where Deception's Konquest Mode comes into play *cough*

Also, like I said, better fatality presentation and a more sinister and ominous atmosphere

I hope Ermac's arcade ending is canon, a good way to implement Jerod's control over him is to have a green silhouette of Jerod appear around Ermac when he performs his telekinetic specials or during combo enders.

If his ending does happen I want Jerrod to act as something of a guide to Ermac having a significant influence of the amalgamate's morality

with that said I want Ermac to not be all the way good while he still fights alongside Raiden he questions his usefulness to the cause and and is in a deep internal conflict with so many souls inside and previous role in MK9. Quan Chi notices this and will more often than not attempt to manipulate Ermac into going back to the forces of Evil to seize the realms

I disagree with the Quan Chi part

Ermac is too wise to be swayed by someone like Quan Chi, I just feel that it would be out of character. I think that would be better suited for someone more naive and prone to manipulation, like Li Mei

Also, I don't really like the whole "not all the way good" part, but that's more of a personal preference thing

The idea of being Ermac being morally ambiguous, even if only slightly, just does not sit well with me

Last edited:
I only meant that for the earlier role he has in mk10 I forgot to mention that since I was rushing it all but here is my full idea for how Ermac's Story should look like

upon having his own free will for the first time Ermac is morally confused seeking a purpose in the was between light and dark in addition to the civil war going on inside his body. Thats why I mentioned Quan chi wanting to recruit him cause the necromancer wants as many allies as possible (but perhaps Quan Chi should forcibly try and brainwash him). Then Jerrod comes in and becomes Ermac's voice of reason and talks him into rebelling against the sorceror and the netherealm. Also he comes into conflict with Quan chi's undead servants and is intially overwhelmed until Kenshi comes in and drives them off. This sign of heroism along with Jerrod's guidance begins to have a profound effect on Ermac and in gratitude teaches kenshi how to utilize the spectral properties of sento more effectively. Looking back at his ordeal against the undead heroes Ermac begins feeling sympathy for their current condition and resolves no valiant soul deserves such a fate he once had, being a mindless servant to someone else's will and resolves to free the fallen warriors from Quan Chi, but it won't be an easy task. Even with Jerrod and Kenshi they would need fight an entire realm which is especially dangerous to a being created from magic, so the three would have to find help, the help of a thunder god

I like your idea Byrd but wish you would replace Quan Chi with someone else. I know he makes the most sense, but holy shit I'm tired of seeing him everywhere. He never gets whats coming to him, at all. Always seems like he wins.

Byrd

Seriously, write a fanfic right now and if you say no, I'm slapping your shit right now

THAT story of yours is godlike

And I agree, not a fan of how much NRS forces the whole "pulling all of the strings" aspect of Quan Chi down our throats

The only reason why I put Quan Chi in is because I don't know who else to put in I would say Shinnok but trying to recruit or brainwashing someone to his side personally seems beneath him but I think this should be the title where Quan Chi becomes very active just so he can be a total jackass to everyone good and evil just so it can all come back and bite him in the ass really really really hard so it can be his last game for awhile and I do mean AWHILE

In short of what I said just let this character have his moment so we can kill him off for once cause he has jumped the shark one time too many.

I would say Shinnok but trying to recruit or brainwashing someone to his side personally seems beneath him
Depends

If it were just anyone, then I would agree with you

However, Ermac is one of the most powerful characters in the series, probably one of the few characters that could even hold his own in a fight with him

If he were to try and recruit him, it would be most likely be as partners since Shinnok, fearing his power, would be trying to eliminate him as a threat to his plans by using means other than violence, possibly even using him to his advantage

It would be one of those "with our combined powers, we would be unstoppable" kind of ordeals, something Shinnok is perfect for

Last edited:
I agree but I think it be more interesting in my opinion would no one not even Ermac himself is aware of the true extent of his powers but Shinnok is

I wonder how Fujin will be portrayed

The only idea I have for him is that his personality could be like a foil to Raiden's

Since he is a god, he could be wise like Raiden but not as naive. Though he was taught to always abide by what the Elder Gods say or do, during his time at the heavens as one of the guardians of eternal palace he could have felt some of their actions questionable so does not entirely trust them, but do their bidding either ways but placing his own moral conscience above their council. Inspite of this slight moral conflict he does his duties as a guardian without any compromise and still values the existence of the elder gods and their importance. Also being a younger god, he is more action oriented in the sense that he doesn't wait for events to unfold or turn worse and then act, he acts right away even though it was inefficiently planned.

Along with this he is a firm believer in the good mortals of the realms, in the sense that he feels that they have immense potential and can accomplish wonders, even more so than gods. He has a good deal of trust and respect for them. He is also someone who is shattered within constantly being haunted by his past failure. His defeat at the hands of Bi Han, a mere mortal ( perhaps that could be one of the instances he realizes the potential of mortals) allowing Shinnok's amulet to be stolen which also caused him to loose his confidence as an elemental god and ever since he trains hard seeking for a shot a redemption to prove his worthiness once again and probably he will get his shot in MK10. :p

Last edited:
- NO NON CANON ENDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- bring back the mk2/3 style continue screen.
- if you miss with your x-ray or it gets blocked then it should just take 2 blocks away from your meter. its too punishing to take your whole meter if it doesnt land. but of course take the whole meter if it hits them.
- dont make us able to play as shinnok. keep him just a boss.

- if you miss with your x-ray or it gets blocked then it should just take 2 blocks away from your meter. its too punishing to take your whole meter if it doesnt land. but of course take the whole meter if it hits them.

This is exactly why MK has such questionable features. They listen to softhole casuals with suggestions like these.

- NO NON CANON ENDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- bring back the mk2/3 style continue screen.
- dont make us able to play as shinnok. keep him just a boss.

I agree with this. Except that the continue screen should be like in MK4 and the pit trap should be random rather than just spikes. I'd like it to be similar to th PS Vita's version of Test Your Balance deaths. ;)

For Shinnok, have him be a secret unlockable like CSZ and Quan Chi from MK9.
Quan Chi should be selectable in this game btw.
Also make Goro and Kintaro unlockable secrets.

For fatalities, I'd want the returning characters from MK9 to have their MK9 fatalities plus at least 2 new ones. For example: Mileena should return with her "Be Mine" and "Rip Off" plus at least two new fatalities.

Last edited:
- More character themes for other characters
- If their's tag team kombat again, players could tag up from two different systems (ps3, xbox, etc.)
- a 2013-2014 release
- Less difficult trophies/achievements to get (My kung fu is stronger)