Your wishlist for MK10

Guest characters don't bother me, most people are butt hurt about them because of usually 2 reason.

1.) kind of make the game feel out of MK. like it detracts a bit from the seriousness of MK.

2.) People feel that if guest characters don't make it in, their favorite character has a better chance of making the roster.

I'd rather have guest characters than not have guest characters. I seriously don't see what's so wrong with them. I mean, people didn't get all pissy when Sonic and Snake were announced for Super Smash Bros, so what makes Mortal Kombat any different?

I'd rather have guest characters than not have guest characters. I seriously don't see what's so wrong with them. I mean, people didn't get all pissy when Sonic and Snake were announced for Super Smash Bros, so what makes Mortal Kombat any different?

yeah but smash is ment to be a game with a guest characters lol. I mean it's nintendo guest starring other nintendo games into one game. out of party isn't as weird in that case.

A better example would be soul caliber series having guest characters. I don't hear much opposition to that, maybe it's jsut something they've come to accept.

Guest characters have been in the majority of Soul Calibur games, with only 2 out of 5 not having them.

I don't mind guest characters, so long as they don't take priority over the OG cast.
Kratos was a horrible guest character. David Jaffe was a complete douche about it. Talking about how Kratos is going to 'bang Sonya and Kitana'. Just a blatant disrespect of Mortal Kombat's characters. Also the fact that fatalities and X-rays were altered on Kratos.

Freddy Krueger was a perfect guest character (although some say Kratos 'made more sense').

Guest characters have been in the majority of Soul Calibur games, with only 2 out of 5 not having them.

I don't mind guest characters, so long as they don't take priority over the OG cast.
Kratos was a horrible guest character. David Jaffe was a complete douche about it. Talking about how Kratos is going to 'bang Sonya and Kitana'. Just a blatant disrespect of Mortal Kombat's characters. Also the fact that fatalities and X-rays were altered on Kratos.

Freddy Krueger was a perfect guest character (although some say Kratos 'made more sense').

Guests like Freddy and Kratos don't really bother me but I do feel NRS omlts other MK characters that are more deserving for the sake of marketing. The upside is it brought a new audience to the game who wouldn't have played the game otherwise.

Omits?

Please elaborate. Are you saying certain characters got axed in favor of guests? Or characters are ignored to promote guests? Like how Sheeva was never shown in any trailer other than a background portrait in Shang Tsung's vignette.

Yeah, I don't like Jaffie either. His only success in any fashion is Kratos, and he didn't even contribute to his popularity after God of war1. He also said that same ish about Twisted Metal.

I also agree that Kratos was a terrible guest, Because he wasn't done right IMO. I have explained this a few times. But they made him to slow and way to powerful. if they took some of his power away gave him some more speed he would been just fine.

Omits?

Please elaborate. Are you saying certain characters got axed in favor of guests? Or characters are ignored to promote guests? Like how Sheeva was never shown in any trailer other than a background portrait in Shang Tsung's vignette.

I'm saying that certain characters (besides Scorpion ) have a better chance of getting people (who otherwise wouldn't show interest to play the game) to buy the game because of a certain character they recognize from other franchises. soul calibur has been doing this for years like with SC4 using Star Wars characters and it obvious Star Wars is a Bigger and more well known franchise than soul calibur.
It boils down to what will be worth the time and money. Characters like Tanya, Cyber Smoke will make the core fans happy but it won't bring in any new players like Kratos and Freddy can again it's all about marketing.

Last edited:
I've been wanting him in since 1997, but TREMOR.
If Sub-Zero was dead, TREMOR being in might convince me to buy it.

RAIN should be in too.
He's my main in MK9.
He was DLC in MK9, so he should have a story this time around for MK10, and be a more of a neutral character.

I mainly use Nightwolf, Rain, Shang Tsung and Sub-Zero in MK9.
Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung and Nightwolf are dead, and if Rain isn't in MK10 then I may just wait until it goes down in price.
Makes no sense to pre-order a game where none of the mains that I use aren't even there.
Those 4 characters don't have a sure shot of making it to MK10. :(

I've been wanting him in since 1997, but TREMOR.
If Sub-Zero was dead, TREMOR being in might convince me to buy it.

RAIN should be in too.
He's my main in MK9.
He was DLC in MK9, so he should have a story this time around for MK10, and be a more of a neutral character.

I mainly use Nightwolf, Rain, Shang Tsung and Sub-Zero in MK9.
Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung and Nightwolf are dead, and if Rain isn't in MK10 then I may just wait until it goes down in price.
Makes no sense to pre-order a game where none of the mains that I use aren't even there.
Those 4 characters don't have a sure shot of making it to MK10. :(

Oh NRS will most likely put Rain, Skarlet, and Kenshi in there as the main roster so they can be in story mode to determine their fate.

I have my doubts about Jade, Kitana, and Sindel making it in the roster since they died in MK9. But at least Mileena survived MK9 so she will most likely be in. And I'm positive Tanya and some other girls will replace my Jade, Kitana, and Sindel if those 3 don't make it.

Oh NRS will most likely put Rain, Skarlet, and Kenshi in there as the main roster so they can be in story mode to determine their fate.

I have my doubts about Jade, Kitana, and Sindel making it in the roster since they died in MK9. But at least Mileena survived MK9 so she will most likely be in. And I'm positive Tanya and some other girls will replace my Jade, Kitana, and Sindel if those 3 don't make it.

I'm not 100% positive on Rain being in MK10.
Seems like Ed Boon just put him there because he knew that the fans of MK1 thru UMK3 would buy him to complete the roster, and that he could make quick $$$ off of it.
He doesn't hate him like he hates Tremor, but Ed Boon is definitely not a fan of Rain.
I get the feeling that NRS only put Rain in because if they didn't people would have b****ed that he wasn't there.
I would have been one of those people.
As much as people want to debate that he wasn't, Rain was very much a part of the UMK3 era.
Rain should have been on the main roster and Story Mode in MK9 WAY before Cyber Sub-Zero.

Hell, they could have easily written him into the story as working for Shao Kahn and Rain has a change of heart when Shao Kahn refuses to give him an army of his own, so then Rain helps Sub-Zero when he was being captured and stops from having him transformed into a freezer.
^^^
How hard is it to do that, John Vogel???

2 Sub-Zero's and 2 Smokes were stupid in the UMK3 era.
Don't know why NRS would do that dumb crap again. :|
When people say that "there will be a Sub-Zero in MK10", I have SERIOUS doubts of it at all.

Last edited:
At this point I don't care if they resurrect the dead cast members or not (even tho I main lao) I want to see the game take MK9's set up an expand every department keep the 2D environments with out gimmicky interactions and build a story mode that follows more than just one side of the conflict.

If there must be a sub zero type cryomancer then use frost or someone new don't make some sort of lame plot just to undo what they already did by killing off both subs ...twice.

I would like to see new original characters mixed with some throw backs to the MK4 era (like fujin or reiko not jarek) even if some characters that are deceased appear due to quan chi possessing their souls still I want it to be limited to important story elements not just fan service. Honestly rehashing dead characters defeats the purpose of killing them in the first place especially since it was mostly confined to a short un-cinematic scene anyways.

I'm not 100% positive on Rain being in MK10.
Seems like Ed Boon just put him there because he knew that the fans of MK1 thru UMK3 would buy him to complete the roster, and that he could make quick $$$ off of it.
He doesn't hate him like he hates Tremor, but Ed Boon is definitely not a fan of Rain.
I get the feeling that NRS only put Rain in because if they didn't people would have b****ed that he wasn't there.
I would have been one of those people.
As much as people want to debate that he wasn't, Rain was very much a part of the UMK3 era.
Rain should have been on the main roster and Story Mode in MK9 WAY before Cyber Sub-Zero.

Hell, they could have easily written him into the story as working for Shao Kahn and Rain has a change of heart when Shao Kahn refuses to give him an army of his own, so then Rain helps Sub-Zero when he was being captured and stops from having him transformed into a freezer.
^^^
How hard is it to do that, John Vogel???

2 Sub-Zero's and 2 Smokes were stupid in the UMK3 era.
Don't know why NRS would do that dumb crap again. :|
When people say that "there will be a Sub-Zero in MK10", I have SERIOUS doubts of it at all.

Well, if Rain doesn't make it, he'll be forced to put that character in DLC again because of the fanbase.

As far as Sub-Zero goes, they'll put Frost in even if they just kill her off in MK10 an bring back one or both Sub-Zeros in the next MK game after.

As far as Sub-Zero goes, they'll put Frost in even if they just kill her off in MK10 an bring back one or both Sub-Zeros in the next MK game after.

Not really.
I'm sure people weren't clamoring for Freddy Krueger to be in MK9 over someone like Fujin, Reiko, Tanya or even Cyber Smoke.
He put him in there because that's what WB wanted, and WB pays the bills.
NRS will put in whatever characters THEY want regardless of what the fans want for DLC, and MK9 is proof of that.
Whichever characters BOON wants are the characters that will be in the game.

Skarlet-
She is a new-ish character and probably the only character that SHOULD have been DLC in MK9.
All the others were a $$$$ ploy.

Kenshi-
This is Ed Boon's 2nd favorite character (2nd to Scorpion, which is why Scorpion is the NRS logo and always has the upper-hand on Sub-Zero)
There have been various interviews with Ed Boon, regarding Kenshi as DLC, where Ed Boon is giddier than a high school girl on prom night.
Kenshi being DLC was a given based on Ed Boon having a hard-on for him.

Rain-
SHOULD have been on the main roster, given that MK9 is basically MK1 thru UMK3 all over again, in 2012, with PS3 \ 360 graphics.
Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome reboot, I'm just stating the obvious.
Rain being DLC in MK9 was pure bulls**t, given that I SHOULDN'T have had to pay for him.
If anything, Quan Chi should have been MK9 DLC, just like he was supposed to be in MKvsDC.
NRS was feeling guilty for not making Quan Chi DLC in MKvsDC, so now he's on the main roster in MK9.

Freddy Krueger-
Was another bulls**t character.
Much like Kratos, NRS knew that they would make more $$$ by selling Freddy as DLC.
Everybody knows who Freddy is, and it was instant printed $$$ for them.

Frost =/= Sub-Zero in my book.
Don't know why they didn't get creative and make another female ninja type when they FIRST made Frost, instead of copied moves.

Tanya, Jade and Skarlet don't use any of the powers from their male counterparts (Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac).
If she is in MK10, she'd better not have the same freeze moves (Slide, ground freeze, ice-ball and clone) as Sub-Zero.
They better give her some entirely new moves.
Frost is one of the characters that needs a complete overhaul, so that she isn't just Sub-Zero with tits

Last edited:
Tremor will return! If not... then a new earth warrior.

If the Red Dragon returns. Then Mavado should be the only one of them to return. But will wield Hsu Hao's sun-moon blades. I hated the idea of Kabal's hookswords taken away. And give him some new moves.

People need to stop connecting characters by color. Its beyond stupid. Kitana has absolutely nothing to do with Sub-Zero other than the color blue. Also Tanya uses fire just like Scorpion.

I'd be perfectly fine with Frost replacing Sub-Zero. So long as she actually has a connection to the brothers.

Crazy Frost theory inbound.

Not really.
I'm sure people weren't clamoring for Freddy Krueger to be in MK9 over someone like Fujin, Reiko, Tanya or even Cyber Smoke.
He put him in there because that's what WB wanted, and WB pays the bills.
NRS will put in whatever characters THEY want regardless of what the fans want for DLC, and MK9 is proof of that.
Whichever characters BOON wants are the characters that will be in the game.

Skarlet-
She is a new-ish character and probably the only character that SHOULD have been DLC in MK9.
All the others were a $$$$ ploy.

Kenshi-
This is Ed Boon's 2nd favorite character (2nd to Scorpion, which is why Scorpion is the NRS logo and always has the upper-hand on Sub-Zero)
There have been various interviews with Ed Boon, regarding Kenshi as DLC, where Ed Boon is giddier than a high school girl on prom night.
Kenshi being DLC was a given based on Ed Boon having a hard-on for him.

Rain-
SHOULD have been on the main roster, given that MK9 is basically MK1 thru UMK3 all over again, in 2012, with PS3 \ 360 graphics.
Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome reboot, I'm just stating the obvious.
Rain being DLC in MK9 was pure bulls**t, given that I SHOULDN'T have had to pay for him.
If anything, Quan Chi should have been MK9 DLC, just like he was supposed to be in MKvsDC.
NRS was feeling guilty for not making Quan Chi DLC in MKvsDC, so now he's on the main roster in MK9.

Freddy Krueger-
Was another bulls**t character.
Much like Kratos, NRS knew that they would make more $$$ by selling Freddy as DLC.
Everybody knows who Freddy is, and it was instant printed $$$ for them.

Frost =/= Sub-Zero in my book.
Don't know why they didn't get creative and make another female ninja type when they FIRST made Frost, instead of copied moves.

Tanya, Jade and Skarlet don't use any of the powers from their male counterparts (Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac).
If she is in MK10, she'd better not have the same freeze moves (Slide, ground freeze, ice-ball and clone) as Sub-Zero.
They better give her some entirely new moves.
Frost is one of the characters that needs a complete overhaul, so that she isn't just Sub-Zero with tits

I see. I hope WB will have Juliet Starling as a guess character though since they also made her along with Suda 51 in Lollipop Chainsaw. But yeah, it does kind of suck for Boon not to really listen very much to his fans.