Your wishlist for MK10

As far as I remember, the only thing Raiden says to Liu Kang about the initial vision is "I just received a vision of my own death"

no non mk characters. ok it was cool to see kratos and alright to see freddy but now give us at least a game or 2 without guest characters.

they should have had a story part with them in the game and not just being there for no reason. it just made both of their appearance seem more pointless.

oh and nrs please dont give quan chi "mind control" in his moves or his x-ray. its ok in the story but it doesnt make sense for him to do that to living people. instead give him a move where green skulls pull you toward him. and i want quan to do his bone breaker like in mk4 for part of his x-ray.

no non mk characters. ok it was cool to see kratos and alright to see freddy but now give us at least a game or 2 without guest characters.

Hell no.. No Kratos no Ames.. And we all know If I'm not there It's not really a good game.. JK

I feel the opposite, by that I mean Freddy was okay as a guest but I didn't like Kratos at all

Kratos in MK9 was done as a good homage to the character but they got some parts of him wrong. So as much as you or others might not want him in MK10, I do. Only to see if they can fix what the got wrong and add to him without using his QTE's or giving him a massive amounts of weapons.

It was mainly his speed and power they got wrong. He's a very powerful Character but has some speed behind him. The way they made him in MK9 is they made him a very slow brute that could only move if you used his Boots of Hermes. Which if they went by God of war 3 (which they did) he was still fast without them. The boots only added to his speed.

Now his QTE's. It was cool to see but I would have rather of seen his Nemesis Whip, Barbarian Hammer or Claws of Hades (my personal favorite). It just seemed they tried a little to hard to stay true to his game and not him in that regard. I would have really liked to see His alt be Deimos (His brother) and his Arena Be the Suicide Bluffs and not the place where Kratos and Zeus had part 1 of their 4 part boss fight.

they should have had a story part with them in the game and not just being there for no reason. it just made both of their appearance seem more pointless.

oh and NRS please don't give Quan Chi "mind control" in his moves or his x-ray. Its okay in the story but it doesnt make sense for him to do that to living people. instead give him a move where green skulls pull you toward him. and i want quan to do his bone breaker like in mk4 for part of his x-ray.

Well how would it not make sense to use mind control on living people? He's a sorcerer that uses unknown magic to control people. If he didn't do that then he'd be no different then Sang Tsung. He is suppose to be a manipulator so having him do that in a fight only makes sense.

Last edited:
At fist I was pissed off about Feddy being the 4th DLC because I bought the Season pass, but I got over it the next week and started using him and I had fun the time I spent with him in the lab and online.

Hmmm. Metal brings a good point about the whole situation concerning about averting Armageddon, so Raiden should stop receiving them visions now. But he must now focus on rallying on any remaining survivors on Earthrealm to reinforce the defenses before Shinnok's attack on the realm, and also convince the Outworldians to help them out, as Shinnok will attack there as well.

Me, Metal and FJ all figured out that the war between Earthrealm and Netherrealm, and Onaga's return are inevitable. Like Metal said on the above posts, those plans are already set, regardless of any other problem going on as its catching up to the Original Timeline's story, with some few twists.

To Metal:
Nice ideas Metal. You should posts some Shinnok arts in the Kombatant Dicussion Thread part. That will compliment on the moveset and X-Ray that I've donenin that post.

We don't know Onaga's return is inevitable.
Sektor is the grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. It is very possible he kills or imprisons Cyrax. Which in turn means that Nitara doesn't find him in Outworld's deserts. Which means Reptile wont track them down to the dragon egg's lair and becomes the Dragon King. Not saying it will be that way, but it is a possibility.

I don't think that Onaga's return has to involve Reptile specifically, though

I think it's safe to assume that The Dragon King can use anyone as his vessel, Reptile just happened to be one to be Onaga's host body in the original timeline

I suppose its possible.

Onaga looked different in Deadly Alliance (Raiden's ending) than he did in Deception.

I think Onaga's rebirth is more connected with the collection of the kamidogu by Shujinko, I those events are what triggered the prophecy to come true. And yea, I also think Onaga would assume some characteristics for the host body. Maybe this time, Blaze could not have escaped and Onaga uses his body as a host and we may get a more menacing villain.

Well how would it not make sense to use mind control on living people? He's a sorcerer that uses unknown magic to control people. If he didn't do that then he'd be no different then Sang Tsung. He is suppose to be a manipulator so having him do that in a fight only makes sense.

because quan chi is a necromancer. if he could use mind control on the living then how come he doesnt just tell all the good guys to just off themselves at the snap of his finger? why get sindel to kill everyone when quan could just be like " all you kill yourselves now."?

A better question would be why you're trying to apply conventional logic to a series where tournaments decide the fate of a world

because in the mk3 part of the story it wasnt a tournament it was an invasion. i dont see why theyd follow any "tounament rules". like that part with sindel killing everyone why didnt shao kahn, quan chi, goro, kintaro, mileena, baraka, reptile, kano, all go there with sindel. for sure if they did then sindel wouldnt have died and johnny cage, sonya would have died there to. liu kang would have died there too. if i was a bad guy on mk thats what i would have done. plus they could have had like 6 vs 1 fights and mad it way unfair instead of just letting them fight 1 vs 1.

You misunderstand. I used "tournaments decide the fate of a world" as a way to show how unusual I considered it that you were intending to make sense out of something like Quan Chi not deciding to slay everyone in a gaming series like Mortal Kombat. I never said that tournaments or tournament rules are the reason why, as you put it, "Quan Chi doesn't just kill everyone".

Also, the reasons why only Sindel went is because of a couple of things:

1. I'm certain that the rest all had other things to do at the time that were essential to their plans of conquering Earthrealm.

2. Sindel and the Lin Kuei were more than powerful enough to handle the heroes on their own, so there was no need to send extra forces out unless Sindel and the others had somehow failed. I personally would consider it pretty clumsy of Shao Kahn to put himself out in the open anyway where multiple people on the opposing side could try to ambush and kill him, especially when that energy used for taking the heroes head on could be better spent on ensuring that his plans for Earthrealm come to fruition. Shao Kahn might be arrogant, but he isn't stupid

Cage, Sonya, Liu and Raiden might have survived but the Outworld forces probably would have figured it was too late for them to really make a difference since there were only those few fighters left

Last edited:
You misunderstand. I used "tournaments decide the fate of a world" as a way to show how unusual I considered it that you were intending to make sense out of something like Quan Chi not deciding to slay everyone in a gaming series like Mortal Kombat. I never said that tournaments or tournament rules are the reason why, as you put it, "Quan Chi doesn't just kill everyone".

Also, the reasons why only Sindel went is because of a couple of things:

1. I'm certain that the rest all had other things to do at the time that were essential to their plans of conquering Earthrealm.

2. Sindel and the Lin Kuei were more than powerful enough to handle the heroes on their own, so there was no need to send extra forces out unless Sindel and the others had somehow failed. I personally would consider it pretty clumsy of Shao Kahn to put himself out in the open anyway where multiple people on the opposing side could try to ambush and kill him, especially when that energy used for taking the heroes head on could be better spent on ensuring that his plans for Earthrealm come to fruition. Shao Kahn might be arrogant, but he isn't stupid

Cage, Sonya, Liu and Raiden might have survived but the Outworld forces probably would have figured it was too late for them to really make a difference since there were only those few fighters left

Well, along the way, Bo Rai Cho, Fujin, Kai, Li Mei, Shujinko, and a few others can join the three heroes. For all we know, some MK9 villains might turn good after all and join the heroes.