Your wishlist for MK10

I was under the impression they didn't act not because of "Invasion"

But because Shao Khan outwordly spoke about how he was gonna "Merge" their realms.

And MERGING has to be done through Mortal Kombat or something of that nature.

Kind of stupid for the Elder gods to not see this intention... I mean it's super obvious lol.

But I guess your allowed to invade the next realm, kill all their warriors then challenge them to Mortal kombat lol.

Thats what I was refering to I mean technically khan broke the rules of mortal kombat the Elder gods could've at least spoken out about this but metal does have a point though since in the elder gods have far more dangerous things to worry about, still though iirc they punished shang tsung for breaking the rules of mortal kombat I don't see as too hard of a feat for them to at least warn shao khan of his reckless folly

That was in the original timeline, Shang Tsung cheated in an MK tournament and was punished for it, but they never specified what kind of gods they were, they just said "his gods". If anything, they could have meant the Earthrealm elemental gods, which would go into what I said, the Elder Gods don't directly deal with issues like that, that's what the lesser gods handle

Also, Shao Kahn didn't break any rules; like the Elder Gods said, simply invading the realm isn't against the rules even without winning 10 MK tournaments, or else everyone from Outworld should be punished because it's not like they didn't come to Earthrealm uninvited, too. He wasn't breaking any rules then, and it's reasonably safe to assume that they thought that Raiden and his forces would be able to take care of things by themselves, so they didn't get involved because they felt there was no reason to be involved. It's the actual merging of the realm without victory in Mortal Kombat that's breaking the rules, and Shao Kahn did this, hence why they finally got involved

@Critical- Never really understood that, either. I dunno, I'm guessing that they only decide to step in when a merger is actually happening and don't care to consider the events leading up to it

And it's possible to physically merge the realms in other ways than Mortal Kombat, Shao Kahn is a pretty damn powerful sorcerer so it's safe to assume that he could have put his knowledge of black magic to good use by merging the two realms

Last edited:
For the developers to drop Gamespy from hosting their servers ever again.
MK9 has never seen the light of a smooth game.

Rain would fit in very well in MK 10. He along with Tanya would most probably lead a band of Edenian traitors for Shinnok. I wasn't completely satisfied with his look and gameplay in MK9. Although he had a variety of cool moves, the way he executed them felt generic to me, which now leads me to another point. Besides Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sub Zero, Sheeva and a few others, the way characters performed basic moves and combos were not really that unique or distinct. I could probably point out instances were two or more characters had the same type of kick or punch. A solution to this could be having 2 to 3 martial arts styles assigned to each character without sharing and have them use the techniques of the assigned arts alone, characters would look more unique when they fight then. Thinking about it now, this could have been what NRS wanted back in the MKDA days, there wanted to give different martial art styles to characters to make characters unique, but unfortunately it didn't work.

I wasn't completely satisfied with his look and gameplay in MK9. Although he had a variety of cool moves, the way he executed them felt generic to me
I honestly thought his look was perfect. If there's two things I really felt NRS nailed with Rain, it's his backstory and outfit. It fit him so much; he still looked like a ninja/warrior, but the outfit gave off a more aristocratic feel, fitting for an Edenian prince like him.

As for the other part, I wouldn't say generic is the word for it, more like uninspired and bland

I want to see the other 'protector gods'. Like how Raiden is the Protector of Earthrealm, I want to see Outworld's (maybe Kahn has him/her chained up somewhere. Would be even cooler if that god was accidentally merged with the Edenian one to make an abomination) the Netherrealms one (has to look badass as all hell) and the other ones. Would be a nice twist if Hotaru was the god of Seido.

Also Metal I don't think Raiden is 'lesser god'. He (like Fujin in MK4) gave up his Elder God status to interfere with Mortal affairs. Now whether or not them giving their titles up is permanent or they were replaced has yet to be seen.

Last edited:
Raiden was a lesser god pre-MK4, remember he didn't ascend to Elder God status until MK4 after he and the others defeated Shinnok

Also, Fujin was never an elder god, in fact, he wasn't even a protector god until Raiden became an Elder God, he was just an elemental god then

Well, there'd probably be more than just Rain and Reiko competing for the throne, well, actually, there definitely would be more than just them since Shinnok has already laid claim to Outworld

Well, there'd probably be more than just Rain and Reiko competing for the throne, well, actually, there definitely would be more than just them since Shinnok has already laid claim to Outworld

Did he? It would be pretty awesome for those two to take a bigger role then they currently have.

^ Yeah, remember the very end of MK9 when Shinnok said to Quan Chi, "Both Earthrealm and Outworld will be ours"

That's what I'm referring to

So here's my visions for some of the MK10 villains:

Shinnok- A powerful evil deity with millions of years of knowledge and power at his fingertips. Cunning, manipulative, and wise yet heartless, vengeful, and seemingly omniscient and omnipotent as a fallen Elder God and ruler of the NetherRealm

Rain- Proud and power-hungry yet well-mannered and generally amicable as the prince of Edenia. Generally portrayed as an "even evil has standards" sort of villain. He has honor and usually treats his opponents with respect, but overall his absolute desire for power is paramount to all other priorities and like Tanya, he is an "ends justifies the means" character, willing to do just about anything in order to obtain it. Their shared goals and similarities in personalities make he and Tanya perfect partners in crime. He fights honorably and dislikes deceit or using shady tactics to win battles, and he also takes a more serious and tactical approach to fighting, preferring to fight with the sort of grace and fluidity in his moves that should be expected from an Edenian warrior and a person who uses his extraordinary water abilities in combat

Tanya- Seductive, manipulative, deceitful, and ambitious. Overall a very streetsmart and treacherous girl. Can't trust her as far as you can throw her. Having a cynical view on life and a survivalist attitude towards it, she has no true loyalty to anyone except possibly Rain. She is willing to do whatever it takes if it means gaining power and influence. She has a very diplomatic and professional disposition typical of that of a businesswoman, so while she is certainly not above using her sexuality to aid her in her goals, she prefers to build a relationship with her victims, wanting to lure them into a false sense of security before ultimately betraying them.

Reiko- The foil to Rain, his fiercest rival for the newly opened throne of Outworld. In contrast to Rain's politeness and aristocracy, Reiko is brash, impulsive, and generally impolite and always willing to pick a fight with someone. He takes great pleasure in killing anyone or everyone and will almost always resort to violence when things get out of hand. He is sadistic and has no real honor as he has no problems with using dishonest means to defeat his opponents. Reiko is reckless and unlike Rain, he prefers to rush into battle immediately with no real strategy, relying on his natural battle instincts and determination to win to see him through. Reiko's style of fighting is raw and free of restraint, this allows him to be a very adaptable warrior who is quick on his feet

I like how rain is envisioned metal. I remember making an earlier post about rain's alligence to shinnok being rooted to the promise of bringing back edenia under the prince's rule maybe those two ideas can mix together

So here's my visions for some of the MK10 villains:

Shinnok- A powerful evil deity with millions of years of knowledge and power at his fingertips. Cunning, manipulative, and wise yet heartless, vengeful, and seemingly omniscient and omnipotent as a fallen Elder God and ruler of the NetherRealm

Rain- Proud and power-hungry yet well-mannered and generally amicable as the prince of Edenia. Generally portrayed as an "even evil has standards" sort of villain. He has honor and usually treats his opponents with respect, but overall his absolute desire for power is paramount to all other priorities and like Tanya, he is an "ends justifies the means" character, willing to do just about anything in order to obtain it. Their shared goals and similarities in personalities make he and Tanya perfect partners in crime. He fights honorably and dislikes deceit or using shady tactics to win battles, and he also takes a more serious and tactical approach to fighting, preferring to fight with the sort of grace and fluidity in his moves that should be expected from an Edenian warrior and a person who uses his extraordinary water abilities in combat

Tanya- Seductive, manipulative, deceitful, and ambitious. Overall a very streetsmart and treacherous girl. Can't trust her as far as you can throw her. Having a cynical view on life and a survivalist attitude towards it, she has no true loyalty to anyone except possibly Rain. She is willing to do whatever it takes if it means gaining power and influence. She has a very diplomatic and professional disposition typical of that of a businesswoman, so while she is certainly not above using her sexuality to aid her in her goals, she prefers to build a relationship with her victims, wanting to lure them into a false sense of security before ultimately betraying them.

Reiko- The foil to Rain, his fiercest rival for the newly opened throne of Outworld. In contrast to Rain's politeness and aristocracy, Reiko is brash, impulsive, and generally impolite and always willing to pick a fight with someone. He takes great pleasure in killing anyone or everyone and will almost always resort to violence when things get out of hand. He is sadistic and has no real honor as he has no problems with using dishonest means to defeat his opponents. Reiko is reckless and unlike Rain, he prefers to rush into battle immediately with no real strategy, relying on his natural battle instincts and determination to win to see him through. Reiko's style of fighting is raw and free of restraint, this allows him to be a very adaptable warrior who is quick on his feet

Either you get the f!ck outta your house and apply for NRS or I sit here with my pants down imagining this story :mad: