Your wishlist for MK10

In his looks, maybe. But in his fighting style, not so much.

Well, he does have that one kick every time I fight him where the leg goes around. It's hard to describe but I think you know what I'm talking about. Plus, in Legacy, his style was similar to Eddie's when fighting Hydro I think.

Kinda read at a lot of places that people want Kai back as a capoeira based Brazilian character like Eddy/ Christie from Tekken and Elena from SF. Here is my opinion on it.

I think turning Kai into a capoeira based character is a really bad idea. Why turn him into something cliche when he is already someone unique? He is a Nepali/Black American ex military ex shaolin monk traveller- warrior, you can't get more original than that. Granted he needs a bit of work and development in his move sets when he makes his return, but you don't need to revamp him or give him a completely different background and fighting style. If anything I think his fighting style should be based on a variety of Asian martial arts with a bit more emphasis on some military techniques and various Kung fu styles, especially the flourishing northern styles. His specials could revolve around his fireballs, Gurkha knife and some hand stand moves, which could even be a stance similar to Liu Kang/ Sonya's stance in MK9.
You

me

bedroom

now

I might be one of the few who wouldn't mind seeing Hotaru (though he has a girls name which disturbs me) and havik returning and being fleshed out.

plus for havik it would be cool if he didn't scream from certain fatalities but rather joked around or even mock the winner as he is getting brutally murdered I mean he can break his own neck and is the cleric of chaos after all

I actually liked Hotaru for who he was. His armor design and flags were pretty cool but he will need more development if he returns, especially with his magma based moves. He probably the only character that acts like a total dick, he all good and dandy if you help him out and he will return help as well, defect a little from the book and he turns his back on you. I was so satisfied on able to beat him up good after Shujinko broke out of the prison.

i hope quan chi get his slide move back and i also hope his teleport stomp will be a normal move and not enhanced. with the way the story is going we can expect his mid control move to return.

@jinko and metal: i also hope to see hotaru. hes quite badass.

ok here it is. i never really bothered to ask this. i dont know why. but why are we all hoping for mk4 remake??? doesnt the end of mk9 like go all the way to armageddon? so doesnt it take place after armageddon? unless they just changed when armageddon happened (or didnt happen i guess) cuz like mk4 - deception didnt happen before the end of mk9. and armageddon happened after deception.

MK4 is all about Shinnok's invasion.
MK9 ends with Shinnok talking about how he is going to invade. No mention of Armageddon at all, why would it be right after?

lol bbblp. isnt it at armageddon at the beginning of mk9? isnt the whole point of the game for raiden to prevent that whole armageddon thing from happening? it just seems like they skipped 4 or 5 games and go back to mk4 at the end.

The Armageddon cutscene at the beginning was how MKA ended, then the timeline reverts back to MK1 by future Raiden sending the message to the past Raiden and thats where MK9 starts. Also the events of MK1 to MKA had taken place in about 20 years, MK9 ended exactly where MK3 ended in the original timeline.

I rather interested in how different mk4 will be maybe Shinnok will succeed in at least killing a few of the elder gods because those dicks sorta deserved it

Much as I would love to see Shinnok go to town with the Elder Gods, Byrd, I can't say I agree with you on the "those dicks sorta deserved it" part at all

I think he had succeded in killing a few of them even in the original timeline. Along with the some Elder Gods, The Earth, Fire and Water elemental gods also perished when Shinnok attacked the heavens.

Now that I think about it, you are correct, there was a slaughter of the Elder Gods during the original timeline

Might have actually been one of the main reasons why Raiden was even appointed to Elder God status in the first place

I only said that mainly because of how they told off raiden saying that shao khan broke no rules despite the fact that he clearly started an invasion and nearly every hero got slaughtered unless they were pertaining to shao khan himself invading in person but I feel that this kind of nature will bite them back in the future when shinnok launches his invasion

You don't understand how the Elder Gods work then

They don't really concern themselves with mortal affairs like lives lost and invasion at all, the only gods that really do are the lesser protector gods like Raiden

Smaller scaled problems like invasion by itself is why they even have protector gods to begin with, the Elder Gods leave them to handle those kind of responsibilities while they worry about larger things

The only thing they really care about and I'd say rightfully so is keeping the One Being at bay and the realms as a whole, more specifically the possibility of the merger of the realms

That isn't really being a dick, that's just their MO

Although I do agree that Shinnok's invasion is most likely going to make them think twice about things, but if the Elder Gods do get slaughtered, I would blame that less on the Elder Gods themsevles and more on Shinnok's cunning. He was one of them, after all, so he knows how they work

You don't understand how the Elder Gods work then

They don't really concern themselves with mortal affairs like lives lost and invasion at all, the only gods that really do are the lesser protector gods like Raiden

Smaller scaled problems like invasion by itself is why they even have protector gods to begin with, the Elder Gods leave them to handle those kind of responsibilities while they worry about larger things

The only thing they really care about and I'd say rightfully so is keeping the One Being at bay and the realms as a whole, more specifically the possibility of the merger of the realms

That isn't really being a dick, that's just their MO

Although I do agree that Shinnok's invasion is most likely going to make them think twice about things, but if the Elder Gods do get slaughtered, I would blame that less on the Elder Gods themsevles and more on Shinnok's cunning. He was one of them, after all, so he knows how they work

I was under the impression they didn't act not because of "Invasion"

But because Shao Khan outwordly spoke about how he was gonna "Merge" their realms.

And MERGING has to be done through Mortal Kombat or something of that nature.

Kind of stupid for the Elder gods to not see this intention... I mean it's super obvious lol.

But I guess your allowed to invade the next realm, kill all their warriors then challenge them to Mortal kombat lol.