Your wishlist for MK10

Your opinion, I know its your opinion, but your opinion is such ass to me.

Cannot stand when people compare Shujinko to Chameleon. They are not the same whatsoever. Chameleon learned his powers by watching the ninjas (at least thats what his MKT bio, ending whatever says). Shujinko learned his powers through rigorous training. Shujinko is the ultimate apprentice. To start out with nothing but your fists and to end with the techniques of the most powerful warriors known is amazing. The fact that Shujinko loses over half of his life, dedicating himself to a false cause makes him a Tragic Hero worthy of his own novel (seriously, it makes for a great story). You need to look past the surface to see his potential.

We don't need Scorp & Sub on the front lines of the story because they are already every-goddam-where. Scorp and Sub are mostly for the casuals, its the main reason why we see them. They have no huge significance to the story, but Bobby Jr. would go apeshit if the Yellow Sub-Zero wasn't playable so he could spam spears online.

And that's your opinion. You know what let's take away Sub-Zero and Scorpion and see how long old Shujinko makes it without them shall we? Shujinko is an idiot who screwed the realms and then nothing was done with it in Armageddon because they made equally crappy characters in Taven and Daegon to pick up where his crappy self left off with. He's a generic good guy who they couldn't come up with moves for and so they gave him the whole I struggled to learn all of these moves shtick to make him look like he was more than Chameleon as a regular guy. Really? That story impressed you that much?

He's not near as complex as your making him out to be. I love when people sh** all over Scorpion and Sub-Zero because really they along with Raiden and Sonya I think deserve more credit than any of these characters for making the series what it is. Yet, you sh** all over them because you get tired of seeing them and want something new which is completely disrespectful. Without them you wouldn't have Mortal Kombat and I'm almost sure of that.

Talk about a tragic story. Smoke went from being a member of the Lin Kuei to escaping it with his friend in the old timeline only to be caught by that same clan for escaping and then gets sent after his best friend to murder him. Then he gets shutdown and sits in Kahn's thrown room for eight years when Noob comes along and uses him to make an army of Cyber Demons. When his friend comes to the netherrealm to save his brother he recognizes him and begins to fight for his humanity again even asking Sareena to send Sub-Zero a message in Deception's Konquest only for him to finally break out of Noob's control and side with the forces of light in the battle of Armageddon.

That's a story, but it's gone. Just like Shujinko who didn't get half that is gone. Where in the world you guys get that Shujinko is something impressive is waaaay past me. I don't even think he should be at the top of the list for MK4-MKA characters to return. Your opinion is just as much ass as anyone's.

Lol, I never said to make the White Lotus Society a major part of the story. I said to simply expand on it, which, as you've just said, can be done in ways other than referencing them in the story mode.

Regardless of how it's done, though, I think that it still needs to be done

Yes, but the way that Jinko referenced it he was explaining that they could go into the background of the white lotus society to give both Kai and Shujinko more to work with in story if I understood right. That would be taking a part of the story away and yes it would be making it a major part of the story when it does not need to be. That was my whole argument.

If you agree that it could be done in a bio or and ending then why argue it when you agree with me? Not hating I'm just saying it doesn't seem you have an argument here because you agree that it doesn't need to be a part of the story. It's just filler to me.

Lol, I never said to make the White Lotus Society a major part of the story. I said to simply expand on it, which, as you've just said, can be done in ways other than referencing them in the story mode.

Regardless of how it's done, though, I think that it still needs to be done

Yes, but the way that Jinko referenced it he was explaining that they could go into the background of the white lotus society to give both Kai and Shujinko more to work with in story if I understood right. That would be taking a part of the story away and yes it would be making it a major part of the story when it does not need to be. That was my whole argument.

If you agree that it could be done in a bio or and ending then why argue it when you agree with me? Not hating I'm just saying it doesn't seem you have an argument here because you agree that it doesn't need to be a part of the story. It's just filler to me.

I didn't say that my opinion was better than yours. Its that its my opinion, that your opinion sucks hardcore :)

Don't feel like explaining this anymore, I've done it enough in the past.
This man has my virtual heart

1912801-shujinko_traje_alter.jpg

You don't seem to like it when we "jump on you like white and rice", but statements like these really aren't helping your case here:

Subz 711 said:
Shujinko is an idiot who screwed the realms
Shujinko had no way of knowing that he was being manipulated. You call that being idiotic, I say that's more of a testament to Onaga's cunning and ability to manipulate people

He's a generic good guy
Ummm, I don't know of many other protagonists that go on life long quests only to find out that they've been deceived their whole life

If there's one thing I'm certain he isn't, it's generic

No offense to you, but I think people just throw around the word "generic" without truly understanding the meaning of the word. Just because it can be insulting doesn't mean you can apply it to everything you don't like

Talk about a tragic story. Smoke went from being a member of the Lin Kuei to escaping it with his friend in the old timeline only to be caught by that same clan for escaping and then gets sent after his best friend to murder him. Then he gets shutdown and sits in Kahn's thrown room for eight years when Noob comes along and uses him to make an army of Cyber Demons. When his friend comes to the netherrealm to save his brother he recognizes him and begins to fight for his humanity again even asking Sareena to send Sub-Zero a message in Deception's Konquest only for him to finally break out of Noob's control and side with the forces of light in the battle of Armageddon.
I love Cyber Smoke, but you cannot be serious when you compare Smoke's story to Shujinko's story. Smoke had no motives or personality whatsoever, the only thing memorable about him was that his story was just shit on constantly for no apparent reason. Tragic, you say? More like he was woefully underdeveloped

What could you ever really take away from Smoke's story? That's easy, nothing. He barely did anything significant, there was nothing memorable about him.

In the case of Shujinko, I could easily discern that his story has a strong theme of redemption to it without even really analyzing it

That alone pretty much trumps anything Smoke ever had in his "story"

Last edited:
I didn't say that my opinion was better than yours. Its that its my opinion, that your opinion sucks hardcore :)

Don't feel like explaining this anymore, I've done it enough in the past.
This man has my virtual heart

1912801-shujinko_traje_alter.jpg

That's cool, but I don't like him and I think this person is much more deserving to take any kind of leader spot.

Kai_MK.jpg

Not my artwork either, but Kai is a beast and should have the spotlight in the next game. Hell, maybe Shujinko could show up in MK11, but he's just not needed in MK10 in my opinion.

You don't seem to like it when we "jump on you like white and rice", but statements like these really aren't helping your case here:

Shujinko had no way of knowing that he was being manipulated. You call that being idiotic, I say that's more of a testament to Onaga's cunning and ability to manipulate people

Ummm, I don't know of many other protagonists that go on life long quests only to find out that they've been deceived their whole life

If there's one thing I'm certain he isn't, it's generic

I think people throw around the word "generic" without fully understanding the meaning of the word. Just because it can be insulting doesn't mean you can apply it to everything you don't like

I love Cyber Smoke, but you cannot be serious when you compare Smoke's story to Shujinko's story. Smoke had no motives or personality whatsoever, the only thing memorable about him was that his story was just shit on constantly for no apparent reason. Tragic, you say? More like he was woefully underdeveloped

What could you ever really take away from Smoke's story? That's easy, nothing. He barely did anything significant, there was nothing genuinely memorable about him.

In the case of Shujinko, I could easily discern that his story has a strong theme of redemption to it without even really analyzing it

That alone pretty much trumps anything Smoke ever had in his "story"

Nope I think he's generic. The thing is, it all comes down to who's cup of tea it is, but you guys try to spin other people's opinions out to be wrong. I've noticed it too.

Metal I like you, but you along with Critical Limit, BBLP, and Jinko are so into each other that you all shoot down others opinions so quick it ain't even funny and god forbid someone else disagrees or you all four gangrape them. I've seen it with Arakynd Commander, me and others, and you can deny it, but it's quite obvious. So, you can all four jump on me like "white on rice" again if you want too, but I'm tired of watching you guys tell others their opinions are wrong. All four of your opinions are just as much opinions as anyone else's on this site. I've even seen in other threads where at least two of you admit you never disagree. It's like having to fight a group and that's not fair.

I will not lay down on Cyber smoke, I very much did like his character and I'm not "grasping at straws" for anything. Many people have described him as the definition of tragic in the old timeline so to throw his story out as nothing kind of irritates me. He sat in a dungeon ignored for christ's sake. There is a soul in there ya know? and He had to hunt his best friend and forcefully fight him serving the Lin Kuei or Noob Saibot his whole life until he was finally able to break free. He was a good man stuck having to do awful things because it was out of his control and he had to watch all of it take place. He was a good character and one I personally feel was better than Shujinko. Smoke's story was good that's my opinion and telling me it's wrong is just as much ignorant as you guys seem to think others are. Seriously.

Last edited:
I fully agree that Kai should receive a major spotlight role, but he cannot be the sole hero.
Shujinko was the main character in the best 3d MK game, he should be receiving most of the screen time.

I fully agree that Kai should receive a major spotlight role, but he cannot be the sole hero.
Shujinko was the main character in the best 3d MK game, he should be receiving most of the screen time.

Meh, I think we disagree. I think DA was the best 3D game. It was so fresh and new to me. Killing off Liu Kang just seemed to give us something to care about with him. I mean I never even realized I kind of care about Liu kang until that game. He constantly won everything so to see Shang Tsung snap his neck almost made me shed a tear.lol.

Deadly Alliance was definitely amazing to me though. Deception was good too, but it wasn't better than Deadly Alliance IMO. Deadly Alliance has been the best MK game to date with me though. It may not have had great gameplay, but it just felt new like MK was taking a new direction while keeping along some of the more memorable character (Raiden, Sonya, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion just like I mentioned). Plus Kung Lao got more of a role in that game and I always felt he deserved it.

So no Shujinko should not be receiving all of the scree time. Honestly I think Kenshi deserves the new main protagonist role more than both Kai and Shujinko, but since most people think he's the loner type I just prefer him to keep that role and not change him up too much. Loner's aren't good leaders. Although that could be debated as well. I mean they don't get involved in the drama of others lives right? So maybe Kenshi would be a good leader.

It's completely fine for him to be upset at the story being so far away. 4 years is way too long for the cliffhanger they left us with. We all expected 2 to 3 years for the next one and now that is down the drain. It's okay to be upset about it and his idea is not a terrible idea. That's just your opinion.

3-4 years is the right amount of time. People now want game after game which result in terrible quality games. Why can't people understand NRS is a gaming company and not an Mk company? It Is a terrible Idea to have NRS pass along Mk10 because a few annoying people don't know how to wait.

3-4 years is the right amount of time. People now want game after game which result in terrible quality games. Why can't people understand NRS is a gaming company and not an Mk company? It Is a terrible Idea to have NRS pass along Mk10 because a few annoying people don't know how to wait.

While I still disagree, I do see where you're coming from. We should learn to be more patient. However, when you kill all of the characters ad then leave a cliffhanger like that you can't expect everyone to say "Yeah, I'm fine waiting four years to find out what happens." Really?

I know NRS is not an MK company, however they sure don't seem to when they put Scorpion on their logo and name themselves Netherrealm studios. NRS are always going to be directly related with MK whether they like it or not. LIke I said most were thinking 2 to 3 years and that's a decent amount of time. 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 is not when dealing with a company who names themselves after a place in the MK universe.

I'm actually going to buy injustice, but that's the thing. NRS needs to work on other things, but also have people working on MK as well. NRS need different teams and with different teams come more games. We don't even know if NRS can bring anything outside of MK and have it be successful yet anyway. Injustice still has a good while to release and we don't know if it's going to be great yet. Let's wait and see before we say that they need to work on other things besides MK.

Shooting down other's opinions? Now see, I don't appreciate that because I feel like you've completely got me wrong. I don't "shoot down" other people's opinions, as a matter of fact, the way I approach these kind of debates makes me accept other people's opinion's so that I can get a feel for how they think. I simply debate their logic and reasoning behind their opinions. If you explain your reasoning behind your stance, then all I'm simply going to do is challenge your reasoning if I see flaws within your logic. I may sometimes be harsh and blunt with what I say, but that's just how I am. How about instead of wasting time playing the role of the victim and acting like the world is against you and your opinions, you just do what you always do, defend your statements, show me how I'm wrong and how you're right, or simply just do not hit the Reply button or go on with your day.

And "so into each other"? Lol, nice observation, but sorry, I don't get into a corner, circlejerk with them, and oppress the forums with them or something. I've disagreed plenty of times with Critical and Low before, FJ not so much but it's hard not to agree with him often. As for Araknyd, you do realize we're friends, right? I disagree with him a lot because he says things I disagree with a lot. Simple as that. Same thing with a lot of my other friends. I'm sorry that us four all see eye to eye on these type of things, but maybe, just maybe, you should take that as a hint that we're not bullshitting about what we say

We're all on a forum about a single game, Lord of Thunder forbid some people share the same ideas & opinions (really starting to hate that word lol)

@subz711

Sorry to be blunt here or sound mean, but you really annoy me. It seems no matter what anyone says you need to be right and have the last word on everything.

Nrs is a gaming company that has Ed Boon king troll at it's helm it should be common knowlege by now that he likes to do things like this. Plus MK9 is still only a year old let it live.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I'd love to see complete different costumes on characters! All these skimpy leotards, loin cloths, heels, and masks are boring me. I want some new modern designs. Something fresh with a new game is always welcomed in my book.

EDIT: What's with the paragraphs on this one character? Chill out guys, there's always the next game! :)

Shooting down other's opinions? Now see, I don't appreciate that because I feel like you've completely got me wrong. I don't "shoot down" other people's opinions, as a matter of fact, the way I approach these kind of debates makes me accept other people's opinion's so that I can get a feel for how they think. I simply debate their logic and reasoning behind their opinions. If you explain your reasoning behind your stance, then all I'm simply going to do is challenge your reasoning if I see flaws within your logic. I may sometimes be harsh and blunt with what I say, but that's just how I am. How about instead of wasting time playing the role of the victim and acting like the world is against you and your opinions, you just do what you always do, defend your statements, show me how I'm wrong and how you're right, or simply just do not hit the Reply button or go on with your day.

And "so into each other"? Lol, nice observation, but sorry, I don't get into a corner, circlejerk with them, and oppress the forums with them or something. I've disagreed plenty of times with Critical and Low before, FJ not so much but it's hard not to agree with him often. As for Araknyd, you do realize we're friends, right? I disagree with him a lot because he says things I disagree with a lot. Simple as that. Same thing with a lot of my other friends. I'm sorry that us four all see eye to eye on these type of things, but maybe, just maybe, you should take that as a hint that we're not bullshitting about what we say

Okay, well here's how I see it Metal. I like you and I even think BBLP is pretty funny sometimes. However, You saying that last line just pointed it out to me again. You four agreeing means your not "bullshitting about what you say" meaning your not wrong. However, I clearly said that your opinions are just as much your opinions as others are. Everyone's view on here is an OPINION. However, I've seen you guys gang up on people and make an argument not fun. Like the cyber subz argument. You said you were completely Neutral to it.

Then the second Critical jumped in you became hardcore in support of Cyber Subz, and then Jinko came in and said he wanted the cyber subz arc to be explored and then in came BBLP. It wasn't even an argument anymore, but more like a you agree with us or you're wrong type of thing. That's what I didn't like. I fully don't believe cyber subz will have as good of a story. That's my opinion too, but then Critical came in and said you guys just need to admit you just like Ninja subz and go on with it. That may have been true for others, but it was not true for me. I believe he will not have as good of a story, and that's because he's a cyborg. I rarely if ever see cyborgs as main characters in anything unless they are actually a cyborg, You know like they have metal on their body and could still pose as a human if they wanted too. Sub-Zero borders robotic and you guys tell me I'm wrong on that, but just because he has thought doesn't make him "look" like any less of a robot. He's essentially a good version of Sektor at this point with ice powers and I don't like that. I even said humanity is a precious thing, which is what made Smoke so tragic in the first place. Humanity is a precious thing, and once it's ripped away it hurts a character. Sub-Zero will have to deal with that tragedy as a character as well or else he's bullshitting himself because nobody likes being a cyborg unless you just want to be a weapon like Sektor.

The thing is that "tragic" story has already been told by Smoke and I loved it. I don't want it recycled on Sub-Zero though because it's not original. Hell even when cyrax joined the OIA he was trying to get reverted to a human. That's a natural part of the Cyborgs in the MKverse it appears and damn it We Have seen it. I don't want Sub-Zero's story being crippled by uh duh I want to be a human again so bad. It's been done by both Smoke and Cyrax. Enough. When I stated all of these reasons why "I" don't like the cyborg version I simply get told I'm wrong and I just like Ninja subz. Then you guys all start saying the exact same damn things except with a different person saying it and it was four of you.

The thing is that's your guys opinions. You think cyber subz story could turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread and I don't. You think Shujinko's story is better than Cyber Smoke's and I don't. You think Shujinko should have a lot of spotlight. I don't. We have differing opinions, but you guys tell others they are wrong and gang up on them making having an argument extremely difficult and the conversation gets to where it's not fun when you can't respond without having another 3 people already having responded in tandem. That's why I called you four out specifically. Just because you all agree on something doesn't mean you all need to jump others because they don't.

I do like you Metal, but I just felt I needed to point that out. BBLP is right we have opinions, and yes that word is getting annoying. My god though when you notice someone has posted nearly the exact same thing you want to post, why post it? That's when it gets irritating. Like if critical writes one post to me stating something, it's nearly the exact same thing you guys say just over again. That's what I need to point out maybe. If your opinion has already been stated by someone else, why state yours again?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I'd love to see complete different costumes on characters! All these skimpy leotards, loin cloths, heels, and masks are boring me. I want some new modern designs. Something fresh with a new game is always welcomed in my book.

EDIT: What's with the paragraphs on this one character? Chill out guys, there's always the next game! :)

@ Outworld's goddess
Lol. True dat. We should stop arguing and get back on with what we want in MK10. I was just pointing out something I noticed.

@ Ames. Don't worry not offended. You annoy me as well. We all have to deal with others we don't like in life though so there it is. Maybe the reason you think this about me is because you also have the same trait, just pointing that out.

As far as MK10 is concerned, when they re-introduce Kai and Shujinko who have their stories tied in with the WTS, they will have to go a bit into detail to add to the lore and to MK10 story as well. How will they explain and introduce Kai in MK10? ''LOL random black guy with stripes who suddenly appeared out of no where''?? The perfect way I can see it is in the way of a flashback when Raiden explains to someone, perhaps Johnny and Sonya, that earthrealm needs new warriors. Of course, going the krypt route are other ways as well but it wont be as evident. You don't introduce Sonya without refering to the Special forces or Sub Zero without the Lin Kuei. Also unlike other organisations it composed of warriors that were mainly hand picked by Raiden or other appointed elders, it would be cool to see why Kai and Shujinko were selected.

Also I think its about time you stopped crying about ''people ganging up on you'', ''shooting down your opinions'' etc. Ever wondered why you are experiencing this out of many here? Its because your opinions are heavily biased and you are unable to see anything beyond your precious sub zero and then start shitting on any prospective ideas.
When you make opinions like that you can very well be sure some of us will argue back, especially those who have a broader view of what MK is all about beyond individual characters. Your heavy bias is supported by the fact that you saying you would be done with MK if sub zero isnt in it(without given anything else MK related a chance) and that you won't even give the cyber sub zero story arc a chance. In Arkanyd's case, besides Sub Zero he is quite open minded to everything else, since Sub Zero is his favorite character it is understandable, same with you, just that when you enter into a debate regarding whether Cyber Sub Zero is good or not, you should bring yourself back to neutral level and be able to see the other side of the story as well without your bias clouding your judgement. If you can't do that,then I really dont think you should partake in any arguement relating to it, but if you proceed to do so you should be ready to face the heat since it is you who brought it upon yourself. No use in crying about it. As for me, I treat biased opinions as equivalent to baseless ones, thats pretty much why you see a arguement from me whenever you post something really biased here.

Im not saying all this to get you angry or insult you in any way, I just am pointing your folly so that you can correct yourself in the future, do take it in the right spirit.