Your wishlist for MK10

The things I want more than anything, are just 2.

I want Konquest mode to come back, EXACTLY the way it was in Deception. I don't want them to try to action it up and make it like Armageddon's cereal box adventure game. I want it to actually be a conquest of Shujinko's journey throughout the realms. Seriously imagine being able to walk the grasses of Edenia, seeing all those beautiful waterfalls & mountains with next gen technology.

And I don't even want this, I crave it. Shang Tsung's ending to be canon. So tired of him being kicked around and treated like a bish. He needs to finally get his time to shine man. And I feel like this is the PERFECT way to do it, no doubt in my mind.

Blocking must have a limit like in Street Fighter Alpha 3. There should be a bar for it. The bar decreases only when the person is attacked while blocking. When the bar empties, the one who is blocking will lose their guard for a moment and will be very vulnerable to coming attacks. The bar regenerates right away once there is no more damage being done or when the bar completely empties. Ppl shouldn't get away so easily with just blocking. The current breaker system won't be enough.

There are these, things. They are new to the fighting game genre, recently discovered by astrologist Neil DeGrasse Tyson, they are called throws.

There are these, things. They are new to the fighting game genre, recently discovered by astrologist Neil DeGrasse Tyson, they are called throws.
Yes those are good but not for everyone and it's not enough. Limiting blocks in Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny was a brilliant idea even though they had throws.

How, are they not for everyone?

Last time I checked everyone has a throw. They all do 12% damage, thats the same as an uppercut. And even if they tech it they still take some damage.

Your idea would be absolutely horrible in a 2d fighter. Especially with so much pressure from characters like JC & Kabal. Imagine them if they could build meter, chip your health and break your guard with their strings.

Broken, only word that can describe it.

How, are they not for everyone?

Last time I checked everyone has a throw. They all do 12% damage, thats the same as an uppercut. And even if they tech it they still take some damage.

Your idea would be absolutely horrible in a 2d fighter. Especially with so much pressure from characters like JC & Kabal. Imagine them if they could build meter, chip your health and break your guard with their strings.

Broken, only word that can describe it.

What I meant is that you can't throw everyone (the bosses).

The bosses?

You mean THE most exploitable characters in the game? Just read their patterns. If you get hit by Goro on even the highest difficulty, you need to work on some things. Kintaro in extremely predictable, he just has a lot of armor. And Shao Kahn in dead as soon as you knock him down.

You want to completely change the way the game is played because of 3 characters. Bad idea Nasty.

The bosses?

You mean THE most exploitable characters in the game? Just read their patterns. If you get hit by Goro on even the highest difficulty, you need to work on some things. Kintaro in extremely predictable, he just has a lot of armor. And Shao Kahn in dead as soon as you knock him down.

You want to completely change the way the game is played because of 3 characters. Bad idea Nasty.
No not at all. It's fair for everyone so people won't get away with just blocking. Plus, throws are vulnerable if you are not close enough.

No not at all. It's fair for everyone so people won't get away with just blocking. Plus, throws are vulnerable if you are not close enough.

Wont get away with just blocking.
Throws are vulnerable if you are not close enough.

Do you see the problem with those two statements in the same complaint?

You can't move if you're blocking. Sorry that throws don't connect from half screen. Your idea is terrible Nasty, I'm sorry but there is no other way to put it. Have you ever even seen a high level Kabal, Cage or Lao? I hate it when developers overly cater to casuals so much that it makes high level players uber gods.

Aka auto block gems on A rank players.

Wont get away with just blocking.
Throws are vulnerable if you are not close enough.

Do you see the problem with those two statements in the same complaint?

You can't move if you're blocking. Sorry that throws don't connect from half screen. Your idea is terrible Nasty, I'm sorry but there is no other way to put it. Have you ever even seen a high level Kabal, Cage or Lao? I hate it when developers overly cater to casuals so much that it makes high level players uber gods.

Aka auto block gems on A rank players.
Whatever you say. But I think many more will benefit from my idea.

Mind explaining how? Instead of walking away and acting like your point is still valid, please explain and show me.

But before you do, watch this and tell me your idea is good.

Granted this has been patched out, but his pressure remains the same.

Agreed Low

I fell in love with the nonlinearity, atmosphere and scope of Deception's Konquest Mode, how you were able to explore the realms at will

The linearity of Armageddon's Konquest Mode is what ultimately killed it for me

The story was shit, too

If NRS wants to go through the trouble of bringing Konquest Mode, then it must be brought back in all of its former glory

That includes the music

The things I want more than anything, are just 2.

I want Konquest mode to come back, EXACTLY the way it was in Deception. I don't want them to try to action it up and make it like Armageddon's cereal box adventure game. I want it to actually be a conquest of Shujinko's journey throughout the realms. Seriously imagine being able to walk the grasses of Edenia, seeing all those beautiful waterfalls & mountains with next gen technology.

And I don't even want this, I crave it. Shang Tsung's ending to be canon. So tired of him being kicked around and treated like a bish. He needs to finally get his time to shine man. And I feel like this is the PERFECT way to do it, no doubt in my mind.

I love Shang Tsung. He's my favorite villain, next to Noob Saibot, but he's just that a villain. I want to change character's stories, but I do not want to change their personalities. Shang Tsung has always been out for himself, and becoming a force for good just seems out of character for him.

I set a double standard when I say that I think Liu Kang does need to be bad for a while though. Not forever, but in the next game Liu kang being controlled by Quan Chi as a bada** character would be a bit refreshing from his same old portrayal. See the thing about Liu becoming bad though is that it would be out of Liu's control which is what makes it good. Also, Liu saw some extreme shiznit as a result of Raiden's idiocy in MK9. So Liu having an extreme change would not be out of character. Raiden changing as a result of losing his mind wouldn't be out of the picture either.

Honestly, i think Shang needs to take a break next game if any of the characters do. He got completely sh*t all over in this last game in exchange for the lackluster Quan Chi. Shang is THE original boss and I think he should return in full glory in MK11. We don't even know where he is now, and since we last saw him being merged with Sindel perhaps he is in the Netherrealm watching as events unfold waiting for Shinnok and Quan to fail. I love so many of the characters in MK, but I just have different visions than a lot of people do. I don't like changing personalities, which I feel MK9 accomplished a lot of.

Mileena grew up with Kitana in the old timeline - now she's got the personality of a child and just met Kitana. Completely erasing the sisterly bond.

Shang was a sneaky slithering boss in the old timeline - came across as cowardly and second-rate in MK9.

Sub-Zero fought for humanity in the old timeline - now he's barely human.

Raiden was an all knowing god in the old timeline - now he's the god of blunder.

Kung Lao was a quiet brooding fighter in the old timeline respectful of Liu Kang - now he's jealous of Liu and kind of came across pompous and arrogant until he got his neck snapped.

That's just a few too. I get it. Yeah Yeah it's change, but not all change is good. They could have executed some things better. Don't flame, it's just my opinion, but what I'm getting to is that I want a better story. One that stay's true to character personalities and motivations instead of just utterly changing what the character is about.

Also I want Mavado back. I never realized how much I liked that guy, but now that I realize he may not come back it kind of sucks. I like him better than Kabal honestly.

I agree for the most part. I hate childish Mileena, hate Shang's pussy role, hate Raiden's retarded actions. Seriously he acts like he's new to this whole god thing.

As for Shang's ending, he wouldn't be good. He would fight Liu out of hatred and revenge.

Also a key part of Stryker's story was missing. There was no interaction between him and the new Kabal. They were standing at the altar at church like everything was normal and Kabal didn't get roasted by a four armed tiger man.

Well, Shang Tsung would be more of an antihero than a straight up good guy if his ending were canon

He just wants to get revenge on Liu Kang

TOTALLY ****ing agreed about Kung Lao, though

He used to actually intimidate me back in the old days, now he's just another annoying ass best friend of the main hero

I like honor hungry Lao. It adds conflict to him and ensures he and Liu aren't just butt buddies for life. What they should have done however, is made him much more serious. He was a joker in this game. Didn't like that in him.

I like honor hungry Lao. It adds conflict to him and ensures he and Liu aren't just butt buddies for life. What they should have done however, is made him much more serious. He was a joker in this game. Didn't like that in him.

Meh, I didn't like it. I think that Raiden should have just straight up wen to Kung Lao when he thought Liu Kang shouldn't be the one to win. That would assure that Kung Lao still got to keep his personality, but didn't risk Kung Lao coming across like he did. It also adds some conflict to Kung Lao and Liu kang because maybe Liu would feel that Raiden is making the wrong decision choosing Kung Lao. Something along those lines would have been better.

I also didn't like Sonya's portrayal completely. While I feel they got the bada** approach to her down, ultimately I feel they focused too much on trying to get the relationship of her and Johnny across. Sonya just seems Independent to me. I know her and Johnny have a relationship, but I think Johnny should have come across as the weaker one in their relationship, but Sonya just came across as Johnny's love interest to me. Maybe that came from them spending too much time trying to get Johnny's character right and in the end they ignored Sonya. I still liked Sonya, but in the end I felt she came across as weaker than Johnny and I've always seen her as an equal if not stronger than him. She does not need to be rescued. Luckily they showed some of her independence in Sub-Zero's chapter when she helped Jax to the portal after getting his arms ripped off.

Also, I'm iffy on Ermac having Jerrod revealed as the leading soul. It can open doors, but it can also murder what Ermac is. We don't want Jerrod we want Ermac.

So that's just a couple other things I think they could look at.

Also I don't think Quan Chi should have been in MK9 at all. That's why Shang Tsung came across as he did. They focused waaay too much attention on Quan and he shouldn't have even been there yet. I'm hoping they tell us that he knew of the future as well and that's why he was there because honestly some of the changes were not even a result of Raiden changing things. Quan Chi did not play that huge of a role in the old timeline.