Heroes:
Raiden
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Li Mei
Tanya
Sareena
Scorpion
Nitara (Ashrah is possessed by the Kriss she is holding and kills Nitara's vampire people so Nitara joins the forces of light .)
Cyrax
Kenshi
Kai
Fujin
Bo Rai Cho
Ermac (King Jerrod)
Sheeva

Nitara isn't really the type of person that would want to join the Forces of Light just because of that

She would probably just go after Ashrah herself if that were to happen

-some mentioning of Motaro
-more classic fatalities for characters besides ninjas like Reptile's yummy for example
-skips during cutscenes for when replaying story mode scenes could be short
-other outfits for characters that are non-ninja

I also want Ermac to be turned good by king jerrod taking over. There is so much untouched history there I think it would be stupid if Nrs didn't dove into that.

Speaking of the best character in MK, I still hope that he'll get his UMK3/Deception fatality in a future installment (where he telekinetically slams you until you explode)

Okay then Low, here's my contribution to the Tarkatan discussion

I feel that the Tarkatans are like soldiers on the front lines. They have a strong desire to fight and serve, but I agree that there isn't much to them at all besides that. One way to help flesh them out is to give them motives; by that, I mean give them reasons why they do what they do that makes sense for their character, and also give them history.

Like, for example, you could give them a desire to break out of their nomadic lifestyle in the wastelands of Outworld, and to seek glory and respect from other Outworld races due to their accomplishments under their emperor's rule and their combat abilities

As for the history part, maybe the race could be a result of of Onaga's numerous failed experiments to achieve immortality. Maybe he thought that mixing Outworlder blood with the blood of a demon would help him achieve that (since demons are immortal), but this ended up resulting in the first ever Tarkatans instead. Not seeing the potential in these creations, Onaga instructed Shao Kahn or any other servant of his to cast these experiments off to the wastelands, leaving them for dead. Instead of dying off, they adapted and remained there for milennia

They could also have a leader (whether it be Baraka or anyone else) who has his own ulterior motives in addition to the entire race's goal as a whole

I actually like CryHavok's "Klingon theory" when it comes to the Tarkatans. It would ensure that the only thing a Tarkatan is loyal to, is a more powerful Tarkatan. I want them treated as tribes, or lion prides.

As for the actual creation of them, I'm pretty sure they came about when Kahn merged Edenia to Outworld. Your idea of Onaga creating them is very clever to say the least and I could actually see that happening, however I feel as if their canon creation serves a better purpose to show just how much Kahn merging the realms devastated the Edenian people. By turning them into savage beasts.

Nitara isn't really the type of person that would want to join the Forces of Light just because of that

She would probably just go after Ashrah herself if that were to happen

I agree. Even though I probably wont like Nitara in MK10 (because she's not my version. Selfish I know) I like the idea of her being Ashrah's rival rather than someone of Ermac & Noob Saibot's magnitude.

I also want Ermac to be turned good by king jerrod taking over. There is so much untouched history there I think it would be stupid if Nrs didn't dove into that.

I'm half and half on that. I want Ermac to be good more than anything, but I hope by Jerrod taking main control over him he doesn't lose his "We" persona. That is what makes Ermac unique story wise.

Speaking of the best character in MK, I still hope that he'll get his UMK3/Deception fatality in a future installment (where he telekinetically slams you until you explode)

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Ermac was my favorite in Deception and the fact that his Tele Slam fatality isn't in MK9 is offensive.

I actually like CryHavok's "Klingon theory" when it comes to the Tarkatans. It would ensure that the only thing a Tarkatan is loyal to, is a more powerful Tarkatan. I want them treated as tribes, or lion prides.

As for the actual creation of them, I'm pretty sure they came about when Kahn merged Edenia to Outworld. Your idea of Onaga creating them is very clever to say the least and I could actually see that happening, however I feel as if their canon creation serves a better purpose to show just how much Kahn merging the realms devastated the Edenian people. By turning them into savage beasts.
Totally understand where you're coming from, and don't get me wrong, CryHavok's suggestion is pretty cool and definitely makes a lot of sense. I just came up with a few rough ideas to help demonstrate how the Tarkata could be fleshed out, but I see what you're saying

back said:
I'm half and half on that. I want Ermac to be good more than anything, but I hope by Jerrod taking main control over him he doesn't lose his "We" persona. That is what makes Ermac unique story wise.
100% agreed. I fell in love with good Ermac and the way he was portrayed in Deception, and taking away his "We" aspect of him also takes away from his character significantly, IMO

I thought that they were completely separate from Edenia. I don't remember hearing anything about their creation being related to Edenia being absorbed by Outworld before? I totally thought they had been an experiment by Kahn or his Shadow Priests or Shang Tsung just to create vicious yet loyal footsoldiers. In a way I had always thought it showed more how inhuman the realm of Outworld must be - all of the characters that look at all human are from Edenia, the next closest is Kahn's race and there don't seem to be very many of that left so I'm guessing that whatever created the first Tarkata they thought it was worth sacrificing more of the original Outworld inhabitants to gain more soldiers.

To be fair though, a lot of this is filling in the blanks on my part based on what they have said before. NRS really needs to clear up the mythology and give us a detailed background of all of the species. Even if they can't fit it into story mode I'd love to have an extra in the Krypt that shows some of the myths, legends, and histories of the various realms.

I just checked the MK Wikia, turns out I'm wrong. Tarkatans are from the Nethrealm, and migrated to Outworld. Thats what the Wikia told me. If its true I'm pretty disappointed. What the hell lived in Outworld before then? Those white eyed people in Deception?

Too many questions.

It seems like the actual inhabitants of Outworld are the Shokan, Centaurians, Dragons, and Kahn's race. Unless they are all from other separate realms that also got merged with Outworld through Kombat.

Sorry for double posting but just realized that Li Mei and Bo'Rai Cho are also from Outworld, so I guess there are some humanlike species native to that realm

You're right about that. So I guess that adds some clarity. But you still have to wonder if Shokan and Centaur are really natives, or if they live there because Kahn merged/destroyed their realms.

We always hear about Reptile's home realm, but we still have yet to see what it looked like in game.

Now would be the perfect time to show it. Zaterra was destroyed in the first war against Shinnok, so if they show any sort of flashback to that time or if they make the intro cinematic show that war then they can finally show Reptile's home realm.

I think it's just a random jungle since the actual text doesn't say anything about his home. It talks about the few remaining members of his species not being forced into slavery.

I would like to see that mentioned again sometime. It seems like if this next game is going to be somewhat based off MK4 and Deadly Alliance that a good bit of it should take place in the Netherrealm so I'm hoping that there will be a good bit of background and character development for any character/species that is related to that realm.

Yea, along with the characters NRS needs to expand and explain on the Netherrealm itself. For example, the realm could be divided into 25 planes, the first 5 planes could be occupied by the city of Nekros, a city which Shinnok fashioned after Earthrealm. Here him and his sorcerers are protected from evil taint and denizens of the realm and the place from where his armies operate.The next ten planes could be a volcanic wasteland very much like how we saw in MKD, inhabited by Onis, demented corpses and other demons. The Hellbeasts we saw in MKSM could be residing here. Planes 16 to 20 unlike the previous planes could be one of darkness and endless blackness, with more horrific wraiths. Noob Saibot's and Smoke's origins could be here. Planes 21 to 25 could be the residing place of the Elder Demons( a concept which NRS couldn't bring to light in MKDA due to time constraints). The elder demons were meant to be the opposite counterparts to the elder gods. lucifer could have been one of them and when Shinnok overthrew him, he could have found a way to trap the other elder demons within these planes, so they are not a threat for now, but could be in the future. They could even bring Baphomet back.

Baphomet_the_Elder_God.jpg

I would like to see Baphomet, even if it's just in the background somewhere. Also Belokk if they can. I'm not sure what happened with him - they didn't have the rights to use him or something? There should definitely be some creepy and crazy looking demons and oni fighting for Shinnok.