Your wishlist for MK10

I don't need the Challenge Tower to have an exceptionally great end prize or even an end prize for me to enjoy the Tower itself

But I would DEFINITELY appreciate a better end reward

No more costume shit

I'm actually very surprised that it wasn't a stage in MK9.
It was fully rendered and everything in Story Mode. Plus it was BEAUTIFUL. All those planets floating in the sky, straight up amazing.

But I really hope that they add a cornerless stage for training mode. For practicing your midscreens.

They will have a reason to include that stage in MK10 since a lot of Fujin's story takes place there.

My MK10 hero wish list

Raiden
Fujin
Kai
Shujinko
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Bo Rai Cho
Kenshi
Ashrah
Mileena
Ermac (King Jerrod)
Li Mei
Goro
Kintaro
Sheeva

I feel that these guys are the most apt, story wise and character wise to take over the helm from the dead heroes.

I'd like the idea of Kintaro being the evil Shokan, with Goro & Sheeva being more honor bound and allying themselves with Earthrealm rather than the putrid Netherrealm Oni.

Just imagine NRS doing a CGI battle between Goro & Kintaro.

I'd like the idea of Kintaro being the evil Shokan, with Goro & Sheeva being more honor bound and allying themselves with Earthrealm rather than the putrid Netherrealm Oni.

Just imagine NRS doing a CGI battle between Goro & Kintaro.
That would be epic! Also since Kintaro belongs to an inferior and more primal sub race of the shokan it would make sense for him to side with the netherealm, he could have been eying for a chance to overthrow Goro as the shokan prince and perhaps Shao Kahn's death could have given him that opportunity.

Along with that I would like NRS to explain and expand upon the shokan race. For example, I would like to know why Goro's linage of shokans are called Draco shokans meaning they had some relation with dragons. Perhaps they could have come into being during the Dragon king's rule when there could have been other dragon like beings and perhaps when those beings cross bred with other mutants of outworld, the Draco shokan could have come into being. I would like some history like that.

Last edited:
Definitely agree on that man. They really need to expand on the other races of Outworld because they seem so one dimensional. All Tarkatans are evil, all Shokans are evil. I don't like the lack of diversity in that. I'd also like to see what Outworld was like during Onaga's rule.

And the Shokan are described as half human half dragon. So there really needs to be some clarity on just where exactly the Shokan come from.

shokan come from when a human woman and a male dragon love each other very much they fly to mexico and hug really hard for 35 to 40 mins.

lol I hope that taught all you need to know. lol

Definitely agree on that man. They really need to expand on the other races of Outworld because they seem so one dimensional. All Tarkatans are evil, all Shokans are evil. I don't like the lack of diversity in that. I'd also like to see what Outworld was like during Onaga's rule.

And the Shokan are described as half human half dragon. So there really needs to be some clarity on just where exactly the Shokan come from.
Yea, I feel they should expand upon and create new races for all the realms, but they could start off and focus on outworld and Edenia in MK10. For Edenia some ideas that could really fit in are

1) A fishermen race inhabiting the islands of Edenia, as conceptualized by Tenkai with his OC, Syphonious. This race could have warriors who have high affinity towards water and are able to manipulate them through years of training. Perhaps even Rain's roots could be traced back there since he was abducted as a child. The race could only have a few survivors have the islands were invaded by Shao Kahn.

2) A race of nomads who inhabit the deserts of Edenia who worship the Earth Elemental God and they could have warriors who are able to manipulate earth and sand. Tremor could have his roots here.

Wasn't there something a long time ago that said that Tarkatans are a mutant hybrid of Outworld nomads and Netherrealm demons? Since Shao Kahn without his helmet on looked so close to Baraka I always thought he was probably from that nomadic Outworld race. If they're all half demon that would explain why they're all pretty much evil, right?

I love it when you two post about story ideas in here

And yes CryHavok, I brought that up when I tried to explain to someone on here a while back that Mileena has demon blood in her

Wasn't there something a long time ago that said that Tarkatans are a mutant hybrid of Outworld nomads and Netherrealm demons? Since Shao Kahn without his helmet on looked so close to Baraka I always thought he was probably from that nomadic Outworld race. If they're all half demon that would explain why they're all pretty much evil, right?

Yea, as far as tarkatans are concerned, since they are half demons they have an affinity towards evil. But still I feel that they could have an ounce of honor or good traits left in them. For example, although not explicitly portrayed, in MKD's konquest mode, Baraka let Shujinko escape from the tarkatan camp even though the orders were to kill him. He did this out of respect for a warrior of Shujinko's caliber and skill something only honorable warriors could do. Perhaps NRS could reveal some more of this good side of tarkatans so that they don't get reduced to the cliche brainless monsters.

Also awesome Rain avatar! :)

Last edited:
Yea, I feel they should expand upon and create new races for all the realms, but they could start off and focus on outworld and Edenia in MK10. For Edenia some ideas that could really fit in are

1) A fishermen race inhabiting the islands of Edenia, as conceptualized by Tenkai with his OC, Syphonious. This race could have warriors who have high affinity towards water and are able to manipulate them through years of training. Perhaps even Rain's roots could be traced back there since he was abducted as a child. The race could only have a few survivors have the islands were invaded by Shao Kahn.

2) A race of nomads who inhabit the deserts of Edenia who worship the Earth Elemental God and they could have warriors who are able to manipulate earth and sand. Tremor could have his roots here.

Excellent ideas! Gives a better picture of Edenia as not just a mountainous region, but as a diverse realm like Earthrealm.
Love your idea of adding Tenkai's ideas too. Wish he would come back.

I think you are right. I definitely remember Kahn looking like Raka, and the Tarkatans being mutated Edenians is very familiar. That said however, I still hope we see that not all Tarkatans are evil. Even in MK9 it showed some Tarkatans rebelling against Raka in Challenge Tower. I know CT has no canon properties whatsoever, but hopefully we see a rebel Tarkatan take the place of Baraka. Getting rid of the guard dog image they are plagued with.

@Metal: Haha, join in bro. You love the story just as much as we do <3

I would like to see that mentioned again sometime. It seems like if this next game is going to be somewhat based off MK4 and Deadly Alliance that a good bit of it should take place in the Netherrealm so I'm hoping that there will be a good bit of background and character development for any character/species that is related to that realm.

I may be revealing too much geekiness about myself here, but I always felt that the Tarkatans should be close in character to the Klingons from Star Trek - ruthless and with a great lust for battle and bloodshed, but with a deep rooted honour system

Okay then Low, here's my contribution to the Tarkatan discussion

I feel that the Tarkatans are like soldiers on the front lines. They have a strong desire to fight and serve, but I agree that there isn't much to them at all besides that. One way to help flesh them out is to give them motives; by that, I mean give them reasons why they do what they do that makes sense for their character, and also give them history.

Like, for example, you could give them a desire to break out of their nomadic lifestyle in the wastelands of Outworld, and to seek glory and respect from other Outworld races due to their accomplishments under their emperor's rule and their combat abilities

As for the history part, maybe the race could be a result of of Onaga's numerous failed experiments to achieve immortality. Maybe he thought that mixing Outworlder blood with the blood of a demon would help him achieve that (since demons are immortal), but this ended up resulting in the first ever Tarkatans instead. Not seeing the potential in these creations, Onaga instructed Shao Kahn or any other servant of his to cast these experiments off to the wastelands, leaving them for dead. Instead of dying off, they adapted and remained there for milennia

They could also have a leader (whether it be Baraka or anyone else) who has his own ulterior motives in addition to the entire race's goal as a whole

Last edited: