Your wishlist for MK10

Doing so would also mean that you take the risk of a LOT of people not buying the game, myself included.
They'll lose money by not putting a human version of Sub Zero in MK10.
I'll also lose a lot of respect for NRS if they do this to one of the most beloved, iconic MK characters of all time.

See I mean people can cry and say "Oh Sub-Zero fanboys won't let him be cyber so he will probably be reverted back by MK10." Honestly though, if that's what it takes then I'm fine with it. Smoke fans cried for human Smoke FOR YEARS. Reptile fans got pissed when he became lizardman. Liu Kang fans still pissed about him ever becoming a zombie. Most of the fans of the females got pissed because they were dressed so slutty in MK9. Some of those same female fans got pissed in MKvsDC saying Kitana looked like a man. What about Sonya not having an undershirt in MK9? How about Quan Chi having tattoos in MK9 even though it doesn't make any sense storywise, and yes his fans complained about that.

I mean all of these complaints, and I'm sure there's more. Yet, when one of the icons of MK becomes a cyborg people act like Sub-Zero fans don't get to complain. Well, that's bullsh**. We deserve to see our character how we want him just as much as fans of the other characters do. I'm fine with any attire as long as it's not cyborg honestly.

The main reason that a lot of people like cyber subz anyway is because they get to laugh at Sub-Zero fans. It's like people sit and wait for something like this to happen to Scorpion or Sub-Zero just so they can be some kind of hipster who goes against what's popular and say that they love the idea.

I don't see why you guys crave a stale Sub-Zero.
Its like you want him to become the next Scorpion where it just seems like he's tossed into the story at any angle.
And unfortunately, fans applaud it because their popular.

I say good riddance to Human Sub. Toss those ice bombs with pride Cyber Man

crying-indian.gif

Slower character?
In which games? The guy was a speed demon in MKvsDC with his teleport.
MK4-A were incredibly simple games, everyone had the same speed in them.

Smoke as a cyborg was used as a weapon by Noob Saibot. Now what that means for Cyber has yet to be determined.
Being the latest cyborg he could have some insane Lin Kuei tech that multiple factions are trying to get their hands on.
I feel as if NRS really dropped the ball when they killed off a good 40% of the cast in story mode. Such a great chance for development and new twists just flushed down the toilet. We finally got to see how Kabal became the freak we know and love, then he gets killed in the next chapter. It was stupid to say the least. That being said I cannot tell you what use Smoke could have as a human since he is now dead.

Sub Zero may change his appearance, but it doesn't change the fact that when Scorpion turned his attention to Quan Chi and Ketchup & Mustard went MIA he lost a lot of relevance. His story turned into him flirting around with the lesser known characters (Frost, Kenshi, Hotaru).

As I said, Cyber 0's body can be used for a plethora of purposes. The only question is who is going to reactivate him?

The thing is they weren't supposed to be lesser know characters in those games. Kenshi was supposed to be one of the new main protagonists. Hotaru was supposed to be important as well since he represented a whole realm with his existence, Darrius nor Dairou represented that realm like Hotaru did.

Also Frost was just a side character for Sub-Zero anyway. She was supposed to be an apprentice but just screwed it up when she got too power hungry.

Looke at Scorpion in DA he started flirting with "lesser" characters as well. Drahmin and Moloch? Then in Deception he went off on his own tangent with the elder gods. Just like Sub-Zero did finding his heritage and burying Frost. Then he was attacked by Baraka and his tarkatan army, Baraka was also supposed to be an important character in Deception.

So, I don't really see your point that he flirted with "lesser" characters. Because in those games they weren't supposed to be lesser.

Also, people have said for years that Smoke has potential. Yet, somehow that "potential" has never been realized. Except when he became cyber and it added to him. Because without being cyber he's just another ninja with no connections to anyone really except Sub-Zero. So, needless to say I disagree that Smoke has potential. Even some of his fans admit he is a b-list character. Also, Stryker wasn't going to do anything either. I don't see how Cyber Subz, Smoke, or Stryker surviving could have done anything. Also look at it this way with Smoke. He gets turned cyber and becomes a sidekick to yet another character. Sub-Zero becomes cyber and gets an extra chapter in a game. Smoke wasn't going to DO anything or they would have done something with him in MK9 besides have him be just the sidekick again.

Also, I agree with Araknyd Commander. Cyber Subz being dead is the easiest way to bring him back human. I think that's why they killed him anyway.

Make Human Sub-Zero an unlockable non-canon character, keep Cyber Sub-Zero in the story

Problem solved

I'll just not play story mode then. Is that what they want? They want yet another MK9 were I didn't really give a sh** about the story because I knew how bad they were screwing it up. I played through half of the story mode. Up to Sub-Zero's chapter then stopped because I knew it would unlock cyber subz and I don't want him in my game. Also I didn't care about having Quan Chi either because to me he had no place being in MK9's story at all. He stole one of my favorite villain's, Shang Tsung, thunder. So, I just didn't play all the way through story mode.

I watched it on youtube that way I didn't have to have those characters in my game. I realize not everyone has that mentality, but I know at least a couple of people who never played MK before MK9 who were disappointed with Sub-Zero becoming a robot. It's not going to matter if they revert him back, and if they leave him like that people won't care as much about the story. He's one of the faces of MK. People don't seem to understand that.

Also, people have said for years that Smoke has potential. Yet, somehow that "potential" has never been realized. Except when he became cyber and it added to him. Because without being cyber he's just another ninja with no connections to anyone really except Sub-Zero. So, needless to say I disagree that Smoke has potential. Even some of his fans admit he is a b-list character. Also, Stryker wasn't going to do anything either. I don't see how Cyber Subz, Smoke, or Stryker surviving could have done anything. Also look at it this way with Smoke. He gets turned cyber and becomes a sidekick to yet another character. Sub-Zero becomes cyber and gets an extra chapter in a game. Smoke wasn't going to DO anything or they would have done something with him in MK9 besides have him be just the sidekick again.

You must have missed Smoke's MK9 arcade ending.

I don't see why you guys crave a stale Sub-Zero.
Its like you want him to become the next Scorpion where it just seems like he's tossed into the story at any angle.
And unfortunately, fans applaud it because their popular.

I say good riddance to Human Sub. Toss those ice bombs with pride Cyber Man

crying-indian.gif

I don't see why you guys thrive on having such another boring cyborg thrown in for shits and giggles.
It's like you want him to become the next Cyrax or Sektor where it seems like he's another useless tool for the Lin Kuei. *Yawn* *Boring*
And unfortunately people who don't care for Sub-Zero applaud it because it pisses off human Sub-Zero fans, who want to see his story being further developed in MK10.

I say good riddance to Cyber Sub. Toss that ice ball and make that ice clone with pride human Sub-Zero, and don't be a dumb robotic refrigerator that has no purpose but to be a whipping boy for the Lin Kuei.

He's one of the faces of MK. People don't seem to understand that.

They do understand, but they just don't care.

Last edited:
I did not call them lesser characters, I called them lesser known characters. There is a large difference.

And as for Smoke, just because he only has ties to a few characters doesn't mean he cannot make more.
Just a FEW example of Smoke's potential:

~Smoke is a bestial creature (as revealed in his ending) he could easily lose control of his dark self and become a main antagonist

~Smoke can become Sektor's main rival with him being the only non automated member of the Lin Kuei

~Smoke can become Cyrax's ally

~Smoke can reveal more ties to his cult

~Cyrax could be killed by Sektor, leaving Smoke the only warrior able to reprogram Cyber Sub

~Smoke could ally himself with Cyber Sub in an effort to revert him back to a human

You must have missed Smoke's MK9 arcade ending.

No I've seen it. Oh, he becomes an Enenra, which is a demon of the netherrealm. That's so different than Cyber Demon of the netherrealm.

Oh the endless possibilities of Smoke becoming a smoke demon, even though that's essentially what he was in MK:Deception.

Direct excerpt from Smoke's MK9 ending- "Now aware of his true identity, Smoke understands he is no mere assassin. His destiny has been revealed."

We don't know what that destiny is

Just saiyan

I did not call them lesser characters, I called them lesser known characters. There is a large difference.

And as for Smoke, just because he only has ties to a few characters doesn't mean he cannot make more.
Just a FEW example of Smoke's potential:

~Smoke is a bestial creature (as revealed in his ending) he could easily lose control of his dark self and become a main antagonist

~Smoke can become Sektor's main rival with him being the only non automated member of the Lin Kuei

~Smoke can become Cyrax's ally

~Smoke can reveal more ties to his cult

~Cyrax could be killed by Sektor, leaving Smoke the only warrior able to reprogram Cyber Sub

~Smoke could ally himself with Cyber Sub in an effort to revert him back to a human

Let me break down each of those scenarios.

1. The beastial creature is essentially what he was in MK:Deception. He's an enenra. A demon made of Smoke. No real difference from Deception.

2. Becoming Sektor's main rival? Oh, where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, that's right on Sub-Zero.

3. Becoming Cyrax's ally could be okay I guess, as long as he doesn't become a sidekick again.

4. Smoke can reveal more to his cult? I thought he killed that cult in his ending? He doesn't control the cult.

5. Smoke cannot reprogram Cyber Subz. Only Sonya could do that as proved in MK9. So that theory is a little flawed.

6. Smoke allying himself with Cyber Subz to revert Subz. Well that doesn't sound like Sub-Zero becoming a sidekick at all.

Also, I notice you say his body could be a vessel for anyone to take over. That essentially proves you really don't care about his story because your fine with him becoming someone's slave just like Araknyd Commander suggested. That's boring as hell. Let's just make him a grunt for the Lin Kuei???

No I've seen it. Oh, he becomes an Enenra, which is a demon of the netherrealm. That's so different than Cyber Demon of the netherrealm.

Oh the endless possibilities of Smoke becoming a smoke demon, even though that's essentially what he was in MK:Deception.

?

I still doubt you have seen it based on that post lol. He doesn't 'become' an Enenra, he is already one. The fact that he is a beastial entity from the Netherealm adds alot to his backstory. If you want a gist of the potential he has got just look back at bbblp's post. Also I don't see how he is remotely similar to his MKD counterpart where his soulless cyborg body was enhanced with some Brotherhood of Shadow sorcery.

Sub-Zero reprogrammed Smoke in MK3, though

Sektor and Sub-Zero were never really direct rivals; they were enemies, yes, but the only main rivals Sub-Zero ever had were the Red Dragon clan in Armageddon and Scorpion in MK2 and MK4

Oh, and an enenra and a cyber demon aren't really the same thing. As an enenra, he might have greater, more mystical powers that he isn't aware of not, which is something a cyber demon most likely wouldn't have considering their powers would be more technological than anything (mixed with some sorcery)

Last edited:
Let me break down each of those scenarios.

1. The beastial creature is essentially what he was in MK:Deception. He's an enenra. A demon made of Smoke. No real difference from Deception.

2. Becoming Sektor's main rival? Oh, where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, that's right on Sub-Zero.

3. Becoming Cyrax's ally could be okay I guess, as long as he doesn't become a sidekick again.

4. Smoke can reveal more to his cult? I thought he killed that cult in his ending? He doesn't control the cult.

5. Smoke cannot reprogram Cyber Subz. Only Sonya could do that as proved in MK9. So that theory is a little flawed.

6. Smoke allying himself with Cyber Subz to revert Subz. Well that doesn't sound like Sub-Zero becoming a sidekick at all.

Also, I notice you say his body could be a vessel for anyone to take over. That essentially proves you really don't care about his story because your fine with him becoming someone's slave just like Araknyd Commander suggested. That's boring as hell. Let's just make him a grunt for the Lin Kuei???

1. Not like that at all, Deception Smoke was being controlled by Noob Saibot. Smoke now is in control of himself.

2. Sektor's main Rival was Sub-Zero during MK3. MK Gold it became Cyrax and the SF. Armageddon he didn't really have his sights set on anyone in particular.

4. More ties to his cult. Meaning he reveals more backstory on them.

5. How do you know this? Smoke was a member of the Lin Kuei. It is very possible he has knowledge of cybernetics.

6. He is freeing him. Doesn't mean he's slapping a cape on him and calling him the Boy Wonder.

And where the hell did I say "his body could be a vessel for anyone to take over."?

?

I still doubt you have seen it based on that post lol. He doesn't 'become' an Enenra, he is already one. The fact that he is a beastial entity from the Netherealm adds alot to his backstory. If you want a gist of the potential he has got just look back at bbblp's post. Also I don't see how he is remotely similar to his MKD counterpart where his soulless cyborg body was enhanced with some Brotherhood of Shadow sorcery.

His body slowly but surely became composed of Smoke nanobytes in Deception which is essentially Smoke. He was a demon made of Smoke. Just like he is now. An enenra is a demon made of Smoke. What's the real difference there?

Oh, and I'm sorry he didn't BECOME one, he already WAS one. Oh me, Not looking back at my facts even though my argument is still the same in the end.

Also metal overlord, the Sub-Zero's were apparently the strongest of their clan. Hence why Quan Chi wanted rid of BOTH of them. So he got Scorpion to do his bidding. So it shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to think that Sub-Zero could do things that Smoke couldn't. Sub-Zero may have known the schematics of becoming a cyborg, while Smoke didn't. Also, I would say that in MK3 and apparently sometime in MK4 that Sub-Zero and Sektor were definitely direct rivals.

just for my sake i don't care what they do to sub human or cyborg just make sure he is in

what i would really like is more character development for reptile (for effin once) Ermac (so much potential in him regarding his ending) and Sektor (He got beat up the most in story mode) but most of all NO RUSHED ONE-SIDED MASSACRE SCENES ANYMORE NRS!!!

Actually, the real reason why Quan Chi wanted Kuai Liang dead was because of his knowledge of secrets that would have been essential in defeating Shinnok in MK4

Smoke was also one of the strongest, hence why he along with the other three were also chosen to be automated

I'm sure that all four of them were briefed on the schematics of becoming a cyborg because what if one of them were malfunctioned? As cyborgs, it's not far-fetched to say that they would have been capable of fixing the cyborgs

And nah, if Sub-Zero and Sektor were direct rivals in MK3, then so were Sub-Zero and Cyrax. They were just enemies, their relationships and interactions with each other didn't really go far enough from that for them to be rivals

And Ermac is already pretty well-developed, all he needs to do now is focus on returning Edenia to its former glory

Last edited:
1. Not like that at all, Deception Smoke was being controlled by Noob Saibot. Smoke now is in control of himself.

2. Sektor's main Rival was Sub-Zero during MK3. MK Gold it became Cyrax and the SF. Armageddon he didn't really have his sights set on anyone in particular.

4. More ties to his cult. Meaning he reveals more backstory on them.

5. How do you know this? Smoke was a member of the Lin Kuei. It is very possible he has knowledge of cybernetics.

6. He is freeing him. Doesn't mean he's slapping a cape on him and calling him the Boy Wonder.

And where the hell did I say "his body could be a vessel for anyone to take over."?

My bad, you didn't directly say that. However you did say his BODY could be used for a plethora of purposes. He shouldn't be treated as an object like your implying. Also, you mention Cyrax reprogramming him and taking back over the Lin Kuei. You then go on to say, "the question is who is going to reactivate him?" That seems to imply he's going to be someone's sidekick ala Smoke to Noob in Deception. It seems like you are completely fine with him becoming a sidekick to someone by your posts and that's just not okay.

I still stand by my arguments for Smoke too.

1. So what Smoke is in control of himself? He was on his way to that in the old timeline as well. Best scenario for Smoke is that he is able to free himself from Quan Chi because of his demon form. That's about it though.

2. Smoke and Sektor being rivals, no matter what timeline still sounds an awful lot like Sub-Zero and Sektor being rivals. The whole reason they are rivals is because one disagrees with the cyber initiative. Smoke or Sub-Zero that's still the same story.

3. More ties to his cult? Again it's not his cult. He was abducted by them. He then killed them. Why would we even need to know anymore about them?

4. Apparently he doesn't have knowledge of cybernetics though or he would have been the one reverting Sub-Zero in MK9. He didn't though. Jax and Sonya did, while Smoke cried on the sidelines.

5. One has his mind (Smoke) the other one doesn't (Sub-Zero). You be the judge of how that turns out for Sub-Zero since he can't control himself.