Your wishlist for MK10

Those are pretty good ideas. I liked Jade's idea the best. I would like the woman in Jade's ending to be Delia, former protector of Edenia. Perhaps when she envisioned armageddon she could have realised that the future could still be inevitable even if one of her son's succeed in defeating Blaze. Thus as a safekeep she put away a part of her soul or an apparition at a secret place in edenia (in the same way she and Argus did during the events of armageddon to communicate with Taven, just that this Obelisk wasn't meant for him or his brother). Perhaps the part of her soul trapped in the obelisk manages to communicate with Jade's soul beyond the boundries of death (perhaps maybe Delia could have chosen Jade when she was born, thus putting in a good background) and explains to her what must be done to prevent armageddon and uses what ever power she has to bring Jade back to life.

That story is quite good as well and quite similar to one I had written awhile ago. Its more detailed with the sequence of events explained out, mainly involving the remaining and certain 3D era characters, with those who died remaining as undead, more or less. You can check it out at the link at my sig.

Also I included Shujinko in my story. There are actually a lot of changes that would require Shujinko's presence in MK10. For example, Earthrealm defences are very weak now since only Johnny Cage and Sonya are left as warriors of Raiden. In order to fortify the defences Raiden goes in search of ex members of The White Lotus Society, the secret organisation created by Raiden to combat other realm threats but faded away to oblivion during the events of MK1, as it lost some of its relevance as earthrealm was (seemingly) secure with Liu Kang's victory and many members left to pursure their own goals. Shujinko was a member of this organisation and so was Kai, both of whom Raiden is aware of. He can go to them for help in the course of which Shujinko decides to put his quest on hold temporarily to help defend earthrealm. This is what I think is a good route to go by.

Also another misconception I keep seeing is people saying if Shujinko is in the next MK, Onaga should be there as well. Remember Shujinko isn't really tied to him, in fact he has had a role in many of the major events upto deception. He helped Scorpion find Quan Chi in the Netherealm during the events of DA and he also unknowing had a role to play in helping Shinnok escape the netherealm. He can easily pitch in and out without the inclusion of Onaga.

Thanks, yeah the Delia idea is cool too. I was actually thinking more along the lines of this being the One Being. With Shujinko dead he must find a way to merge the Kamidogu. Thus, he uses the figure of a woman to talk to jade in the waking world.

While I HIGHLY disagree with the chapter format. I did go with it because that seems to be what Boon and Co. are sticking too.

My chapters go like this

1. Sareena
2. Sub-Zero
3. Bo Rai Cho
4. Li Mei
5. Ermac
6. Skarlet
7. Mileena
8. Jade (Jade awakens in outworld to find it under siege by Reiko, under Shinnok's order, she is guided by the woman to go and find Bo and the others, it also guides her to the portal to earthrealm once Outworld is taken over so that she can meet up with Raiden and the others. So Jade is pretty essential here.)

(Cut back to Earthrealm)

9. Fujin (Here we actually get a glimpse of the heavens. The elder gods are being slaughtered by Quan, Shinnok, and their forces. Fujin fights back. He defeats Quan and knocks him to his feet before Shinnok grabs him and throws him from the heavens. He then crashes down onto Earth where Kai sees him fall from the heavens. Kai rushes to go see what has happened.)
10. Kai
11. Kenshi
12. Cyrax (Here Sub-Zero and Sonya are sent to Lin Kuei HQ to find and recruit Cyrax to their cause. Raiden sends them on this mission because he believes his forces to still be weak. He also sends Sub-Zero because of his knowledge of the area and Sonya because she is the only one who can restore Cyrax mind.)
13. Sonya
14. Johnny Cage
15. Scorpion (This is the beginning of the end of the story. A civil war pretty much breaks out with ultimate rivalries playing out Mileena this time on the side of good facing a manipulated Kitana. Jade facing Tanya and Ermac facing Rain that's pretty much a war for Edenia. Skarlet vs Nitara. Sub Zero vs Scorpion. Noob vs Smoke[That's right Noob ends up fighting for good, but for a different agenda]. Sonya vs Jax. Mavado vs Kabal. Sareena vs Frost.)
16. Raiden

That should give you a guess of how my story turns out. I really just wanted to give the chapters but I figure a little descriptive could give an idea what some of them are for.

Last edited:
you know what i always thought the idea of Baphomet was a cool idea (an ancient demon who got scrapped from MKDA) i think it would be cool if they brought him in this and made him part of the Netherrealm as like the former ruler who is Overthrown by Shinnok (i know it was originally lucifer who was overthrown but who knows that might get retconned as well)

Thanks, yeah the Delia idea is cool too. I was actually thinking more along the lines of this being the One Being. With Shujinko dead he must find a way to merge the Kamidogu. Thus, he uses the figure of a woman to talk to jade in the waking world.

While I HIGHLY disagree with the chapter format. I did go with it because that seems to be what Boon and Co. are sticking too.

My chapters go like this

1. Sareena
2. Sub-Zero
3. Bo Rai Cho
4. Li Mei
5. Ermac
6. Skarlet
7. Mileena
8. Jade (Jade awakens in outworld to find it under siege by Reiko, under Shinnok's order, she is guided by the woman to go and find Bo and the others, it also guides her to the portal to earthrealm once Outworld is taken over so that she can meet up with Raiden and the others. So Jade is pretty essential here.)

(Cut back to Earthrealm)

9. Fujin (Here we actually get a glimpse of the heavens. The elder gods are being slaughtered by Quan, Shinnok, and their forces. Fujin fights back. He defeats Quan and knocks him to his feet before Shinnok grabs him and throws him from the heavens. He then crashes down onto Earth where Kai sees him fall from the heavens. Kai rushes to go see what has happened.)
10. Kai
11. Kenshi
12. Cyrax (Here Sub-Zero and Sonya are sent to Lin Kuei HQ to find and recruit Cyrax to their cause. Raiden sends them on this mission because he believes his forces to still be weak. He also sends Sub-Zero because of his knowledge of the area and Sonya because she is the only one who can restore Cyrax mind.)
13. Sonya
14. Johnny Cage
15. Scorpion (This is the beginning of the end of the story. A civil war pretty much breaks out with ultimate rivalries playing out Mileena this time on the side of good facing a manipulated Kitana. Jade facing Tanya and Ermac facing Rain that's pretty much a war for Edenia. Skarlet vs Nitara. Sub Zero vs Scorpion. Noob vs Smoke[That's right Noob ends up fighting for good, but for a different agenda]. Sonya vs Jax. Mavado vs Kabal. Sareena vs Frost.)
16. Raiden

That should give you a guess of how my story turns out. I really just wanted to give the chapters but I figure a little descriptive could give an idea what some of them are for.

Oh gosh I really hope Jade returns and becomes a permanent hero and I also hope that woman in her MK9 ending will be in this game too. Most of all, I hope characters won't be difficult to play as at all anymore. (Especially that Skarlet.)

Oh gosh I really hope Jade returns and becomes a permanent hero and I also hope that woman in her MK9 ending will be in this game too. Most of all, I hope characters won't be difficult to play as at all anymore. (Especially that Skarlet.)

Yeah, I'm all about some Jade. She's my favorite female in the cast. I don't want her to talk a lot though. That may seem crazy but I see her as more of a silent character. Yes, she talks, but when she does she means business. Very stern and all about getting the job done. Less is more when it comes to talking with her. Kitana leads and talks a lot and Mileena is obviously a loud mouth, so is Sindel and Sonya has always been a leader. Let's leave Jade to be the quiet stern one. That's just my character portrayal of her anyway.

As long as we get HUMAN Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Fujin, Reiko, Tanya, Havik and Tremor, I'm good. 8)
I don't give 2 flying shits which Sub Zero brother is HUMAN either.
As long as 1 of them comes back human, I'm good.

As long as we get HUMAN Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Fujin, Reiko, Tanya, Havik and Tremor, I'm good. 8)
I don't give 2 flying shits which Sub Zero brother is HUMAN either.
As long as 1 of them comes back human, I'm good.

Yeah, but see I do, First Kuai Liang is still Sub-Zero even if he's a dead cyborg right now. Second, Quan chi and Shinnok are going down in the next game let's be honest. When they do the throne of the netherrealm is going to be ripe for the picking and Noob Saibot likes to pick ripe fruit.lol.

Did you read my chapters a few posts up araknyd? Also read my first two chapters back on page 41. You will see how I brought Subz back.

Yeah, but see I do, First Kuai Liang is still Sub-Zero even if he's a dead cyborg right now. Second, Quan chi and Shinnok are going down in the next game let's be honest. When they do the throne of the netherrealm is going to be ripe for the picking and Noob Saibot likes to pick ripe fruit.lol.

Did you read my chapters a few posts up araknyd? Also read my first two chapters back on page 41. You will see how I brought Subz back.

Yes.
I've read and re-read the Sub Zero human debates and storylines over and over and over and over and... (well you get the point).
I'm sick and tired, and quite frankly don't give a **** anymore which brother it is that comes back, as long as ONE comes back as human Sub Zero.

I don't mean to sound like I'm lashing out (sorry), but in all honesty the subject has felt like this over the past month:
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Yes.
I've read and re-read the Sub Zero human debates and storylines over and over and over and over and... (well you get the point).
I'm sick and tired, and quite frankly don't give a **** anymore which brother it is that comes back, as long as ONE comes back as human Sub Zero.

I don't mean to sound like I'm lashing out (sorry), but in all honesty the subject has felt like this over the past month:
View attachment 3360

Lol. That's hilarious.

It isn't a debate though, It's just how I brought him back that's why I was wondering if you had read it. Honestly, I'm tired of debating that too though. Everybody has their own opinion of it. Mine just so happens to be Kuai Liang which happens to clash with most people unfortunately.lol.

I want Kuai Lang to stay dead and Bi Han to make a return in some form.

I hate Sub-Zero but I don't mind Bi Han himself. He's pretty cool.

I'd love to do this to Kuai Lang

beatdown.gif

:p

There won't be a big learning curve in Mk10 their fight system seems to be sound. it's hit boxes need fixing, some resets need to be removed but other then that I wouldn't expect it to get any easier or harder to use characters.

There won't be a big learning curve in Mk10 their fight system seems to be sound. it's hit boxes need fixing, some resets need to be removed but other then that I wouldn't expect it to get any easier or harder to use characters.

I think they may do some altering to movesets because I don't want the characters to play completely identical. Leave most of the old combos but add some new stuff as well. Build off of the old.

Like if Sub-Zero does get to come back, do away with Ice puddle that crap is useless. It has its uses I guess, but pretty much useless. It could be replaced by something else like Ice shower or give him the tombstone teleport. I could also suggest just give him his old ice puddle that makes the opponent slip. Sub-Zero is all about some head games, and that ice puddle would be better than the ground ice we have now.

Jade needs some work too. I love Jade and some of the things they gave her are okay. However, I still think she plays a bit awkwardly. I mean there is a reason some people consider her one of the worst in the game.

Those are the two I play with most, but I know there are others that people could point out of their favorite character.

That's all part of the development of their fighting system yeah they'll make it more fluid and workout some of the kinks. But it won't be a night and day change for their current movesets. The only thing they need to completely redo is the EX meter, but that's to be expected with their first attempt at that type of meter.

Last edited:
I would like a longer story mode along with less pointless Kharacters from MK2011 like Stryker or Sheeva and have more new Kharacters. I would also like more fatalities like friendship or brutality and chess kombat

That's all part of the development of their fighting system yeah they'll make it more fluid and workout some of the kinks. But it won't be a night and day change for their current movesets. The only thing they need to completely redo is the EX meter, but that's to be expected with their first attempt at that type of meter.

No? Lol.

Meter management, Building, and usage is good where it is, they even gave you a option to break combos to shift the momentum to player to player during the match, Which is not common in most fighters.

Why exactly do you want them to redo it anyways? Just curious.

Yeah, I'm all about some Jade. She's my favorite female in the cast. I don't want her to talk a lot though. That may seem crazy but I see her as more of a silent character. Yes, she talks, but when she does she means business. Very stern and all about getting the job done. Less is more when it comes to talking with her. Kitana leads and talks a lot and Mileena is obviously a loud mouth, so is Sindel and Sonya has always been a leader. Let's leave Jade to be the quiet stern one. That's just my character portrayal of her anyway.

Agreed. Besides her being quiet, I also want her to be somewhat seductive which is already happening.

Yeah, I think Jade is already seductive. I don't want her to cross the line into Mileena territory though.lol.

Other ideas I had for her are that of a mole. Like she is partnered or put with the bad guys every time, but in secret she's working with Raiden and the good guys. I've mentioned that before. I think it would be cool like she sets up certain things to happen so that the bad guys fall into traps, and when she comes to be questioned she places all of the blame on someone else.

I love Jade, there are so many directions she could go.

Imo the meter is perfect in mk9.

I would like it if you could chose one of two x-rays to use. That would add more to match-ups and make X-Rays more relevant.

MK10 needs a good training mode with options this time around.

No? Lol.

Meter management, Building, and usage is good where it is, they even gave you a option to break combos to shift the momentum to player to player during the match, Which is not common in most fighters.

Why exactly do you want them to redo it anyways? Just curious.

I thought it fills up to fast, The breaker was almost useless and this might be just me but, (IMO) I don't think it should fill up by just throwing out projectiles it is really the main reason why we see so much spamming because even if you duck the projectile it gives them meter. Then if you block dash the projectile they have their braker and use it then proceed to spam projectiles or they block until they get a full meter then predictably try and use their X-rays.

That brings me to the next thing I don't want in mk10 unless revised X-rays, the damage scaling on them was weird. I wonder why it is if you do a 5 or 6 hit combo then x-ray it does less overall damage in some cases then just a plain x-ray?

I thought it fills up to fast, The breaker was almost useless and this might be just me but, (IMO) I don't think it should fill up by just throwing out projectiles it is really the main reason why we see so much spamming because even if you duck the projectile it gives them meter. Then if you block dash the projectile they have their braker and use it then proceed to spam projectiles or they block until they get a full meter then predictably try and use their X-rays.

That brings me to the next thing I don't want in mk10 unless revised X-rays, the damage scaling on them was weird. I wonder why it is if you do a 5 or 6 hit combo then x-ray it does less overall damage in some cases then just a plain x-ray?

:rofl: :rofl:

Bro, the breaker was essential to winning a match if you're playing against good players, and you build meter not only from Specials, but by keeping the pressure on your opponent, and the meter you build from projectiles is so little compared to a block string.. It would take you more than 2 rounds to build a full three bars off WHIFFED projectiles so don't blame playing keep away on Meter management.

At the second point, X-rays are supposed to scaled like that.. Pre-patch Sub zero could pull of 60%+ because on certain combos his X-ray didn't scale at all.