Your wishlist for MK10

- Blood and Gore. Way more. It is mortal kombat. Not Baby Kombat.
- Bring back the stages but this time on every stage a stage fatality.
- Play as the bad guys in Story.
- Noob Saibot must made a bit less spammy.
- Klassic music ftw

6. Bring back Friendships

I'm down with this idea 100%.
2 Fatalities for every character and a Friendship.
Friendships = Good sportsman like conduct, and prevents salty vaginas online from people whining about having fatalities done on them. ;-)

and prevents salty vaginas online from people whining about having fatalities done on them.

yeah. fatalities are part of the game and are meant to be used. They even give you the inputs for them. Therfore nothing is wrong with using them.

Kinda like the whole using fatalities in tourny debate. Its one thing when it wastes time, I get that. And most everyone has already seen them before anyway. But if you think fatalities have something to do with a bad attitude and its dissrespectfull, then you are taking the game way too seriously. And like I said, its part of the game.

I'm down with this idea 100%.
2 Fatalities for every character and a Friendship.
Friendships = Good sportsman like conduct, and prevents salty vaginas online from people whining about having fatalities done on them. ;-)

Honestly though it's not even the fatalities that make me mad. I really don't care. When I get a fatality performed on me though I honestly just think Ugh, a minute of my life that I could have already found someone else to fight. It's really just the length of them to me. Sometimes I will just sit back and watch them too, just in amazement if I really get my arse handed to me.lol.

Honestly though, it's the length more than anything, that's why when I win I usually just hit an uppercut and be done with it. It's so much quicker than having to watch a fatality. Friendships wouldn't make that any better. It's still time wasted that I could be searching for other people to fight. That's it really. It wastes time. Friendships wouldn't make that better at all.

I love Mk, but I like the old fatalities from the old games better, they took way less time most of the time. These just seem to drag onand on. I get it, I got my arse kicked now let's move on.lol. I'm sure other people have to share this same sentiment.

Agreed Araknyd

But I GUARANTEE someone'll come in here and say "BUT MK IS SOOPER CEREAL GRITTY AND DARK NOW WE DON'T NEED ANY STUPID SHIT LIKE FRIENDSHIPS RUINING THE SRS BSNSness OF MK". Just watch

But I GUARANTEE someone'll come in here and say "BUT MK IS SOOPER CEREAL GRITTY AND DARK NOW WE DON'T NEED ANY STUPID SHIT LIKE FRIENDSHIPS RUINING THE SRS BSNSness OF MK". Just watch

anyone who says this most likely just got into the MK series with MK9 and is a new fan. Cause MK has always had some humor in it. Friendships are part of MK's style. Thats what separates it from most serious game series out there. And some new fans probably dont realize that MK is different and think of it like Gears of war, god of war etc just cause MK features lots of gore.

I agree with this except all the dead characters from MK9 should be DLC as well as guest characters such as Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw) and Rayne (Bloodrayne).

Yeah, I thought about saying everyone from MK9 should be DLC. I also thought that if they do plan on an MK11 the characters who missed out in MK10 could return and have more of the spotlight. That would make their returns even greater. I would be upset if Sub-Zero wasn't in the game though so if everyone becomes DLC then so be it. I would be fine with that.

I'm kind of against guest characters. Really I don't hate them, but I don't like them either. I didn't download freddy I'll say that. That's why I'm of the feeling that guest characters should just stay out. The reason I made a slot for it in the DLC is because I figure we are going to get guest characters from now on whether we like it or not.

Honestly though it's not even the fatalities that make me mad. I really don't care. When I get a fatality performed on me though I honestly just think Ugh, a minute of my life that I could have already found someone else to fight. It's really just the length of them to me. Sometimes I will just sit back and watch them too, just in amazement if I really get my arse handed to me.lol.

Honestly though, it's the length more than anything, that's why when I win I usually just hit an uppercut and be done with it. It's so much quicker than having to watch a fatality. Friendships wouldn't make that any better. It's still time wasted that I could be searching for other people to fight. That's it really. It wastes time. Friendships wouldn't make that better at all.

I love Mk, but I like the old fatalities from the old games better, they took way less time most of the time. These just seem to drag onand on. I get it, I got my arse kicked now let's move on.lol. I'm sure other people have to share this same sentiment.

Fatalities took the same amount of time back in the day as they do now.
I counted it.
At max, fatalities take 13 seconds extra.
I've wasted more time with someone online who is dicking around in the select screen, than the amount of time it takes to do a fatality.

Agreed Araknyd

I know that people will still complain, but Friendships would be a good sportsman like alternative, for those who say that Fatalities are unsportsman-like.

Don't mind me, just posting the story ideas I had in other threads in here:

Spoiler:
If/when they revive Liu Kang in MK10, I'd like to see NRS make him a renegade Forces of Light member; by that, I mean he could rebel from Raiden and go off to form his own Forces of Light (this is where I would like to see new characters come in, btw). The group would be mainly formed to defeat Quan Chi and force him to resurrect all of the good warriors that were killed during MK9 (especially Kitana).

What I like about this idea is the conflict that would arise between his faction and Raiden's faction and the parallels between Raiden's approach and Liu Kang's approach to things. Liu Kang's strategy is more straightforward, where his main goal is just to beat all of the bad guys until they get to Quan Chi, unaware of what the Netherrealm is planning, while Raiden, sensing much bigger things to worry about to come (Shinnok), takes more of a tactical approach by focusing on rebuilding his forces and trying to convince every one he can around him (including his enemies) to join his cause in preparation of said threat. So, basically, Liu Kang is more driven by personal matters and emotions so he acts more on impulse as opposed to Raiden who is more driven by the need to ensure the safety of Earthrealm as a whole. This was sort of touched upon in of MK9, where Liu Kang just simply wanted to defeat Shao Kahn while Raiden wanted to surrender to Shao Kahn knowing that the Elder Gods would intervene when Shao Kahn would try to merge Outworld and Earthrealm, so I'd like to see this explored more fully this time.

Also, where the conflict between the two forces would come in is the recklessness of Liu Kang's forces affecting the plans of Raiden's forces. Let's say Raiden wants to recruit some of Shao Kahn's former minions to their side, only to find Liu Kang and his forces beating the shit out of them in an attempt to get answers out of them on where to find Quan Chi (since they don't where he is). And since the team of Liu Kang's is a product of Liu Kang's frustration at Raiden, you could say that there would be a one-sided rivalry between he and Raiden.

So... yeah, that's that

*goes back into the shadows*

Spoiler:
Metal Overlord said:
Fujin should have a slightly less serious and more sarcastic tone and have more of a fighting role akin to the humans (yet still wise) in the story of MK10 in contrast to Raiden's more serious personality and "wait-and-see" approach. In that way, his personality would be differentiated from Raiden's and he wouldn't come off as just "another Raiden". His backstory needs to be fleshed out more; by that, I mean explain what he was doing during the events of MK9, a little bit about his powers and what he does, and how he's going to tie in the story of MK10. Don't just say, "Oh hey guys, here's the God of Wind, his name's Fujin, he heard about Shinnok and Quan Chi so he's gonna prepare to fight against him with Raiden kthnxbai". That was a BIG problem I had with a lot of PS2 era MK characters; how they would just randomly introduce new characters with shallow backstories only to find out, "Oh, gee, this guy's actually important to the storyline!" *cough* Taven and Daegon *cough*. He needs a proper reintroduction, so that casuals who don't know who the hell this Fujin guy is won't be completely lost on where he came from, and also so that this reintroduction can pleasantly surprise MK fans who may have wrote him off before in the older games.

Spoiler:
Metal Overlord said:
I didn't really like that NRS retconned her original birthdate to being born in MK2 at first, but that changed when I took a second look at this part of her bio:

"Shang Tsung has created many abominable creatures in his Flesh Pits, but none so twisted as Mileena. A fusion of Edenian flesh and Tarkatan blood, Mileena is both beauty and beast. This dichotomy has made her mind unstable; she is prone to fits of madness and savagery. Though she has the appearance of a mature woman, she is more child than adult--a blank slate conformed to Shao Kahn's will. Devoid of conscience or remorse, Mileena will butcher anyone to appease her beloved father."

That part really interests me because it's true. Mileena may appear to be a mature woman, but in essence, she is still a child since she was created relatively late during the whole Mortal Kombat timeline. She, like Ermac, was created to serve Shao Kahn and she knows no purpose beyond that. And because of these two things, Mileena hasn't been allowed to go through the same psychosocial development and life experiences that the other characters have through. Until now. She was created to supplant Kitana, which already took place when Kitana found out the truth about her "real father" and about Mileena, meaning that she is the true princess of Outworld. That ultimately means as the "true daughter of Shao Kahn", she is the heir to his throne.

What does this all mean? With Shao Kahn dead (presumably for good) and Kitana, Shang Tsung and Sindel also gone, she will soon have to rule Outworld. But there are a few HUGE problems with this. One, as aforementioned, she is still, in essence, only a child, so she isn't mentally ready for such a demanding responsibility. Two, as the ruler of Outworld, I highly doubt her underlings would respect Mileena as the ruler of the Outworld. They would deem her unfit to rule the realm, and being the evil henchmen that they are, it's almost a guarantee that many of them would try to kill her in order to take the realm for themselves. And lastly, Outworld is also in jeopardy now that Shinnok's plans, whatever they may be, are coming to fruition. Remember at the very end of the story, Shinnok said to Quan Chi that both "Earthrealm and Outworld will be ours", so Shinnok and his Forces of Darkness are also planning on taking over Outworld as well as Earthrealm. Mileena, being the ruler of Outworld at that time, would be a direct target of Shinnok. Keep in mind, this would be probably all be happening at the same time. With so much going on, everyone trying to kill her, and no one else to turn to in her time of need, who does she turn to? Earthrealm.

^^^^^ Now THIS is what I envision for Mileena's story in MK10. If this or something similar to it happens, it would allow Mileena's character to grow more and it would make up for her lackluster story role in MK9. She would go from being the typical lady henchman/femme fatale/seductress you see in video games into becoming a character twisted yet strengthened by the events happening around her. The only life she briefly knew as Shao Kahn's daughter has been cut short, and now she is unsure of what to do or where to turn since the people she was the closest to are either dead or trying to end her life as we speak. Are you listening, NRS? THIS is the kind of stuff I want to see from Mileena in MK10, not the horseshit we saw from her in from MK9

Spoiler:
Metal Overlord said:
I don't like Shinnok in his current form, but with a revamp he could be irresistible. Here are some ideas that I think can make Shinnok the most badass MK villain in history:

Make him seemingly omniscient and cunning as the lord of all evil, and do away with his bright red clothes in favor of a darker attire like in Mythologies. Also, make him single-minded in a sense as he initially only seeks out his Amulet/revenge on the Heavens and once both are acquired, and then when those two are accomplished have him focus on his desires to rule all of the Earthrealm.

To reflect the change in Shinnok's power during the story, Shinnok's old, decrepit skin and raspy voice could both turn young again after he acquires his Amulet and is at full power and also he would have a more arrogant attitude instead of being vengeful and sneaky as a result of this.

His ability to transform into an immense demonic creature would be his ultimate form and his last resort, and there could be another form of his that would be scarier looking and it would be more of a ghostly rendition of him (think Giygas from Earthbound).

Simply making him a cheap mofo like Shao Kahn isn't gonna work. Instead of jacking Kahn's swagga, he needs to be badass in his own way.

Definitely make him more of a threat this time and not a joke like in MK4. They could kick off MK10 with a bang with a scene showing him brutally slaughtering many if not all of the Elder Gods. They also could explore the aspects of him demanding no less than unwavering loyalty from his followers and being the Ruler of the Netherrealm more in-depth. How about a scene where Shinnok and his most loyal servants (Quan Chi, Noob Saibot, etc) stand over a fiery cliff while legions of demons and Oni worship him? And a scene where he kills one of his Oni minions without hesitation when they doubt his decisions?

By making the war against Shinnok more of a struggle that seems futile (they could even stretch the struggle to two games if they want), it would help represent the increase in scope and ambition for MK10.

As some have suggested in this thread, he should play on his skeleton/portal powers a lot more in-game. Being the unplayable final boss is also a great idea, and the background music would sound more epic and assist in helping the player feeling they're about to fight a powerful, fallen Elder God.

Yes... yes I'm feelin' Shinnok now. What do y'all think of all of this?

Yeah, I thought about saying everyone from MK9 should be DLC. I also thought that if they do plan on an MK11 the characters who missed out in MK10 could return and have more of the spotlight. That would make their returns even greater. I would be upset if Sub-Zero wasn't in the game though so if everyone becomes DLC then so be it. I would be fine with that.

I'm kind of against guest characters. Really I don't hate them, but I don't like them either. I didn't download freddy I'll say that. That's why I'm of the feeling that guest characters should just stay out. The reason I made a slot for it in the DLC is because I figure we are going to get guest characters from now on whether we like it or not.

Well, Freddy doesn't belong because he is in a movie. Not a game at all. Kratos was brilliant choice because he is in his own brutal game. For MK9 characters, those who survived should be selectable or secrets in Mk10. Those who died should be dlc. Your idea of MK11 is good too.

Don't mind me, just posting the story ideas I had in other threads in here:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'd like to take the ideas you had for Liu Kang and copy-paste them to Fujin. I think that going into the next game Raiden should start to look like the incompetent protector of Earthrealm. Then in walks Fujin with Kai to recruit Sonya and Johnny to his side, subtley hinting that Raiden has began to lose his mind.Sonya and Johnny agree to join Fujin's new group leaving Fujin to pick up the brunt of the fight for Earthrealm.

That leads Raiden to start recruiting more unlikely help, like he tried to do with Quan Chi in MK10 by offering all of the souls to him. Like say Raiden recruits Sektor and Cyrax to help out and they end up murdering some of Fujin's gang. That then leads to Sektor and Cyrax flipping sides to join Shinnok in which Raiden has no other choice but to sacrifice himself like he did in Deception in order to save Earth. That then leads to the birth of Dark Raiden.

In the end Fujin comes out the new protector of Earthrealm because he proves himself a more competent protector, while Raiden continues his dissent into madness. Finally becoming Dark Raiden.

Picture this as the end to MK10. All of Earth's heroes are standing victorious looking over the land in Earthrealm. It appears to be a happy ending. Fujin then begins to talk about how Raiden sacrificed himself for a greater good. Fujin then goes on to say that they will all see Raiden again because a god never dies. Lighning always strikes twice. The camera then cuts to Raiden. Red lightning surrounds him. He then says that his main goal has always been to protect Earth, but Earth turned their back against him. Now, he shall see that Earth meets the end that he tried to avoid. He will bring about Armageddon.

Last edited:
I'd like to take the ideas you had for Liu Kang and copy-paste them to Fujin. I think that going into the next game Raiden should start to look like the incompetent protector of Earthrealm. Then in walks Fujin with Kai to recruit Sonya and Johnny to his side, subtley hinting that Raiden has began to lose his mind.Sonya and Johnny agree to join Fujin's new group leaving Fujin to pick up the brunt of the fight for Earthrealm.

That leads Raiden to start recruiting more unlikely help, like he tried to do with Quan Chi in MK10 by offering all of the souls to him. Like say Raiden recruits Sektor and Cyrax to help out and they end up murdering some of Fujin's gang. That then leads to Sektor and Cyrax flipping sides to join Shinnok in which Raiden has no other choice but to sacrifice himself like he did in Deception in order to save Earth. That then leads to the birth of Dark Raiden.

In the end Fujin comes out the new protector of Earthrealm because he proves himself a more competent protector, while Raiden continues his dissent into madness. Finally becoming Dark Raiden.

Picture this as the end to MK10. All of Earth's heroes are standing victorious looking over the land in Earthrealm. It appears to be a happy ending. Fujin then begins to talk about how Raiden sacrificed himself for a greater good. Fujin then goes on to say that they will all see Raiden again because a god never dies. Lighning always strikes twice. The camera then cuts to Raiden. Red lightning surrounds him. He then says that his main goal has always been to protect Earth, but Earth turned their back against him. Now, he shall see that Earth meets the end that he tried to avoid. He will bring about Armageddon.
Actually, that's kinda what I've been thinking for Raiden, as well; I always thought that Raiden could end up sacrificing himself to kill Shinnok. I like the Dark Raiden idea (since I've always loved the idea of a more badass Raiden), but what would happen to Dark Raiden even if the heroes defeat him? Since he can't really die for good, would they just have to let the Elder Gods subdue him or...?

I'm thinking Fujin would have the answer to that.

Either Fujin or banishment to the netherrealm. Let's remember Shinnok was once a god as well, he was then banished to the netherrealm.

Perhaps the heroes defeat Raiden in the end, and Raiden is then sent to the netherrealm somehow. Then he meets with Shinnok and they form Deadly Alliance: Part 2. Shinnok and Raiden.

As far as Fujin is concerned, the established lore so far is that once Bi Han defeated him and the other elemental gods, they were asked by the Elder Gods to become guardians of their home, The Eternal Palace of the Elder gods. This explains his absence from MK1-MK2. During MK4, Shinnok and his minions attacked the Eternal Palace of the Elder gods and manages to kill of all the elemental gods except Fujin, who blasted with a projectile which sent him flying into Earthrealm. Thats where he meets Raiden and the other Earthrealm heroes and join their cause.

I hope NRS follows this route for his backstory, although it wasn't really explored in the games, it was there in the comics. However I hate how they randomly decided not to include him in Deadly Alliance and he didnt have much of a story after that. Come on NRS, you already had established that he was the new protector of earthrealm after Raiden ascended to become an elder god, then why all of a sudden change that?

Fujin's and Kai's sudden disappearances from the story are one of the few things I didn't like about the story of the 3D games

one thing i dont want to see in mk10 is replaying in the fatalities. like strykers where he puts the bomb in you and it shows you blow up like 3 times instead of just once.