Your wishlist for MK10

I really like Shao Kahn, but I have to agree. Playing as the big bad guy is never satisfying, you just feel too damn powerful.

And as for that prior discussion about guest characters. I myself was part of the group that thought Freddy wasn't a very good addition. He felt extremely out of place.

There was this one dude named Sablicious on themortalkombat.com around the time of MK9's release who found out that Shao Kahn was unplayable, and made a thread where he threatened to pirate MK9 because of it...simply because Shao Kahn was his main!

Who the hell MAINS a non-playable boss?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I hope this would not be that free to play digital thing. I'd rather have it be a full disc with DLC.

However, a free demo would be nice.

I'd want the demo to consist of at least 8 characters including Scorpion, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Tanya, Reiko, Quan Chi, and Reptile.

* Modes:
- Ladder
- Tag Ladder
- Endurance

* Special Moves
* X-Rays
* 1 Fatality per character

I hope this would not be that free to play digital thing. I'd rather have it be a full disc with DLC.

However, a free demo would be nice.

I'd want the demo to consist of at least 8 characters including Scorpion, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Tanya, Reiko, Quan Chi, and Reptile.

OH HELL NO!

Last time we had a free demo, the whole damn story mode was leaked within hours. Is that what you want to happen again?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing more than once and expecting different results.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence on this.

On 1 hand, a demo would be nice, but I sure as hell don't want game info leaked again, like what happened with MK9.
NRS needs to keep that spoiler info off of the demo, and just put 2 or 3 characters with 1 or 2 stages on there. MAX!!!

I'm on the fence on this.

On 1 hand, a demo would be nice, but I sure as hell don't want game info leaked again, like what happened with MK9.
NRS needs to keep that spoiler info off of the demo, and just put 2 or 3 characters with 1 or 2 stages on there. MAX!!!

No demo at all! We must stop spoiler leakage at all costs...even at the expense of what we want!

I'd love a demo and I'll dodge the spoilers like I did last time.

Good luck with that! You know those spoiler spammers will go on some YouTube video that has nothing to do with MK and say "Sub-Zero becomes a cyborg in MK9", or even flood your Facebook page with them! They don't give a shit!

If they release a demo, please don't make the demo console exclusive. I could care less about a demo because on one hand I want a sneak peak at the game, but on the other I want anticipation to be at its fullest on release date. Luckily the leaked Story Mode document didn't have Characters' names for the dialogue, so that still kept me guessing while I was playing story mode, even after reading the document.

Bosses should be unplayable, and I will always keep this stance. Gameplay with them gets completely stale and I have to hand it to MK9 for bringing back the whole "due to the bosses having broken gameplay, I need to try to beat the boss without cheating" mentality. Lets keep it that way for the rest of the series, and no way in hell should Scorpion ever be a boss.

Going back to the Alternate/Retro Costumes discussion, I'd like the following:
Scorpion MK4 Main or Scorpion MK:D Alternate/MK:A Main
Sub-Zero MK:DA Main, MK:D Main/MK:A Alternate and MK:DA Alternate/MK:A Main
Liu Kang MK3 Main or MK:D/MK:A Alternate and MK4 Main
Reptile MK:SM/MK:A Main
Quan Chi MK4 Main or MK:DA/MK:A Alternate
Smoke Cyber incarnation, similar to how Sektor and Cyrax were treated in MK9 with their human forms
Noob MK:D Main/MK:A Alternate
Johnny Cage MK1 Main

That's all I really desire off the top of my head.

Good luck with that! You know those spoiler spammers will go on some YouTube video that has nothing to do with MK and say "Sub-Zero becomes a cyborg in MK9", or even flood your Facebook page with them! They don't give a shit!

I know they don't give a shit that's people for you. I understand your point but as I know what people are like I can dodge those bullets personally. Even if it means staying away from certain online places like youtube. I'd rather do that and get a demo. I don't have a facebook page, that's a bullet I dodged long ago (too much drama).

See, we're all on good terms again. See what the power of "new topic" can do?
As for a demo, I'd like two playable characters, Johnny Cage and Scorpion. The demo would have one arena, the Pit, and have one fatality per character.
On the topic of bosses, I agree, they should be unplayable due to balancing issues. Maybe you could play as Kahn in one Challenge Tower mission as an exception, though.

Bosses can be playable if done correctly.

Trilogy and Armageddon handled this poorly.
But GC Deception & MK vs DC handled it very well. The bosses (even though they weren't the final bosses) were just like regular characters. The only thing 'boss' about them were their stories.

Street Fighter lets you play as bosses, and so does Tekken (With obvious exceptions of Azazel & Nancy). MK bosses just need to be balanced more. If the MK9 bosses were playable, they'd be near bottom tier. Without their infinites, they are trash.

And the demo will be fine. Nothing story related got leaked from the Injustice demo to my knowledge

Last edited:
BBBLP
Did MKvsDC let you use bosses online, though?
I forgot.

Otherwise, if bosses are made weaker than their final fight version or unplayable online, then I really don't care.

I just don't want some OP Final Boss (for example), like MK9 Story Mode ending version of Shao Kahn, to be playable online.

I'm pretty sure you could use them online. They were never banned in offline tourneys.
I don't want to play as an Uber broken character, I just want to play as a character I like.

I REALLY wanted to play as Kintaro in MK9. But he wasn't even in the Challenge Tower. It would take a lot to make him viable, but not a lot to make him not broken. Make him grabable, lower some of his damage, take his free armor and speed up his normals.

See.
I wouldn't mind that too much, if they could make him a more toned down version online.

I just don't want someone unleashing combos, leading into a 53% X-Ray, with online bosses.

Bosses can be playable if done correctly.

Trilogy and Armageddon handled this poorly.
But GC Deception & MK vs DC handled it very well. The bosses (even though they weren't the final bosses) were just like regular characters. The only thing 'boss' about them were their stories.

MK bosses just need to be balanced more. If the MK9 bosses were playable, they'd be near bottom tier. Without their infinites, they are trash.
If Shao Kahn was like a regular kharacter, players would whoop his ass every time. I'd love it if we got correctly balanced bosses to play as in regular kombat, but I'd also like to play as a shielded boss in one or two Challenge Tower missions. I agree that they got it right with MK vs DC, but playing as Shao Kahn got boring really quickly. That's probably because I hated MK vs DC; I only played for about a week before I quit due to constant headaches.

And the demo will be fine. Nothing story related got leaked from the Injustice demo to my knowledge
I'm not falling victim to spoilers. I'm not visiting YouTube or anything for MK10 news (Until I finish the game), because there are a lot of trolls who love to spoil everything.

If Shao Kahn was like a regular kharacter, players would whoop his ass every time. I'd love it if we got correctly balanced bosses to play as in regular kombat, but I'd also like to play as a shielded boss in one or two Challenge Tower missions. I agree that they got it right with MK vs DC, but playing as Shao Kahn got boring really quickly. That's probably because I hated MK vs DC; I only played for about a week before I quit due to constant headaches.

I'm not falling victim to spoilers. I'm not visiting YouTube or anything for MK10 news (Until I finish the game), because there are a lot of trolls who love to spoil everything.

Spoiler spammers can still drive by your house and leak them.

You might want to stay completely off of TRMK too, then, once MK10 is announced.
There were assholes here who didn't use correct spoiler tags in all the threads, and ruining shit for everyone, when MK9 was announced.

Spoiler tags are easy to use too, so there's no reason not to use them properly:

[spoiler ] [/spoiler ] <===== Take away the spaces

It should look like this:

Spoiler:
Shao Kahn sucks a rotten asshole