Your wishlist for MK10

Even if Shujinko collected the Kamidogu, Onaga still can't be reborn without Reptile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I agree and disagree at the same time. Despite what happens with Reptile, Onaga is still gonna be reborn after Shujinko brings all 6 Kamidogu, regardless if Reptile is there or not. If Onaga only needs a body to take over, he might go for Blaze this time around or so. It might not matter which body he'll try to go for, as long as the prophecy is being fulfilled, as being foretold years ago after his death by Kahn's treacherous ambition.

Yeah, I really dont think Armageddon was prevented either. What was really that changed to prevent it?

Its basically just made it so shao Kahn doesn't win in the end.

Quite honestly I think they should have just continued after Armageddon. Say Raiden beat blaze and when he did an overwhelming blast was released leaving only the strong to survive.

It could have killed the raiden we know, but birthed an infant in his place. The game could take place 30 or so years after Armageddon takes place. Raiden could become the new Liu Kang. No longer a god, until he learns of his past.

Scorpions ending could have been semi canonical. Say Scorpions family were ressurrected because of Quans death im Armageddon or something of the sort. However since Scorpion was no longer Hanzo Hasashi, he could not join them, but only watch and protect them from afar.

Also Sub-Zero could have survived the blast and became a god as his ending suggested. Making him sort of the new Raiden for a whole new set of warriors.

I think they should have continued on after Armageddon anyway though. Killing the majority of the cast besides a few staple characters could have helped them. I would have left all of earthrealms forces dead. Liu Kang, Sonya, Jax, and Johnny Cage all would have wrapped up their stories with Armageddon.

Yeah, I really dont think Armageddon was prevented either. What was really that changed to prevent it?

Raiden's amulet was completely restored.
The amulet kept cracking every time that something else happened, getting closer to Armageddon.

When Shao Kahn was defeated in MK9, and Raiden's amulet was fully restored, Armageddon as we know it, was prevented but it left EarthRealm vulnerable to Quan Chi and Shinnok's onslaught, which is where MK10 will probably continue from.

Was "Armageddon" referring to Shao Kahn winning or the Pyramid of Argus appearing though?
Almost every character's ending in MK7 implied an apocalypse of some kind.

That's another great question and a good point.

The "He must win" thing that Armageddon Raiden said to MK1 Raiden coud have referred to Armageddon at the hands of Shao Kahn, which is what Raiden prevented.
Maybe Raiden's amulet was only cracking at the fate of the universe as it related to Shao Kahn taking over.

His visions may or may not warn him of the onslaught that Shinnok and Quan Chi have prepared, though.

In this video, towards the end, we see that Raiden sent visions of post MK3 events too like Dark Raiden fighting Taven, Deadly Alliance fighting Onaga and Raiden facing Shinnok

Hmmm.....

All the MK10 butterfly effect possibilities are making my head spin.

I wonder how many of Raiden's visions do come true, now that some of them were altered and some people are dead?
Johnny Cage was saved by Raiden from Motaro, in MK9.
Also, with Shang Tsung being dead, was the Quan Chi and Shinnok scene in the MK9 ending more of a nod to MK4, or are they the NEW Deadly Alliance of that timeline? Or is it both?

I wonder how many MK10 story possibilities can be constructed, using Raiden's MK9 visions that have yet to come true or were somehow altered in MK9.

In this video, towards the end, we see that Raiden sent visions of post MK3 events too like Dark Raiden fighting Taven, Deadly Alliance fighting Onaga and Raiden facing Shinnok

I tried to argue this exact point at one time in the past, and someone said "No, that's not images that he's sending to himself, that's showing you're moving into the past.

Cuz I use to think those were images he recieved. But now I'm not so sure.

Hmmm.....

All the MK10 butterfly effect possibilities are making my head spin.

I wonder how many of Raiden's visions do come true, now that some of them were altered and some people are dead?
Johnny Cage was saved by Raiden from Motaro, in MK9.
Also, with Shang Tsung being dead, was the Quan Chi and Shinnok scene in the MK9 ending more of a nod to MK4, or are they the NEW Deadly Alliance of that timeline? Or is it both?

I wonder how many MK10 story possibilities can be constructed, using Raiden's MK9 visions that have yet to come true or were somehow altered in MK9.

If I recall, Quan Chi and Shinnok have always been in cahoots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I tried to argue this exact point at one time in the past, and someone said "No, that's not images that he's sending to himself, that's showing you're moving into the past.

Cuz I use to think those were images he recieved. But now I'm not so sure.

Well, they are flashbacks of ALL the things that happened in the original timeline.

The question that I have is how many of those altered flashbacks, or flashbacks that haven't come true yet, are going to come true in MK10, ever since the timeline skewed into this new timeline.

It is to be assumed by the "healed" medallion that Armageddon was averted. I think it's fairly clear that the events leading to Armageddon were re-written and Armageddon itself never happened or rather won't happen. I think I remember Boon saying that "this MK" basically erased those those installments, but we may see some of those characters in the future.

MK10 will pick up the MK4 story and re-write it.

Last edited:
It is to be assumed by the "healed" medallion that Armageddon was averted.

That's what I took from it.
At the very least, Armageddon was averted, FOR NOW.
We have yet to see what Quan Chi and Shinnok have planned.

I think it's fairly clear that the events leading to Armageddon were re-written and Armageddon itself never happened or rather won't happen.

I don't think it's safe to say that it "won't happen," in the future.
For all we know, Raiden's attempt could have just delayed Armageddon to happen again sometime later down the line.
We won't know the full effects of what the healing of the amulet has done, until MK10.

I think I remember Boon saying that "this MK" basically erased those those installments, but we may see some of those characters in the future.

MK10 will pick up the MK4 story and re-write it.

When did Boon say that it erased all the other previous games?
I don't remember him saying that.
I thought MK9 was basically timeline B, as Doc Brown explained in my posted video above.

MK10 could be MK4 thru Deception, actually.
If MK9 was basically MK1 thru UMK3, maybe MK10 will be MK4 thru MK6 (Deception).

If I recall, Quan Chi and Shinnok have always been in cahoots.

I know that (since MK4), but my question still remains: "Are Shinnok and Quan Chi the NEW Deadly Alliance, now that Shang Tsung is dead?"
Shinnok only made appearances in MK4 and Armageddon.

Last edited:
I'd be down seeing some new characters for this series. I might be a huge Diablo fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing a witch doctor-type character. Back at MKO, I designed a witch doctor character (that surprisingly did well), and I had a lot of imagination in seeing a character that could really be cool in seeing. I mean, my character's x-ray had her changing her opponent into a chicken and kicking the crap out of it... Take that PETA...

Another one is a bard... I'm sorry if I seem obsessed with a bard character be featured in anything (I'm begging for one to show up in World of Warcraft) but they're so cool. You can summon creatures, turn into other characters, heal yourself, put people to sleep and such... They have amazing abilities that I could totally see actually being useful in a one-on-one fight.

Those are just two examples of what they would be like, and I'd be down in trying to come up with a story that could have them fit into the next game... but I like having fun.

I also want to see some of the combatants that made their debuts back in Deadly Alliance make a come back, such as Bo'Rai Cho, Frost, Li Mei... If Outworld is going to be a crucial realm for the next game, then the Outworld characters I can definitely see coming. For Frost, if we don't have Sub-Zero, I could see her being the replacement (and that's coming from a die hard Sub-Zero fan). I do have a story that does make sense for her to make a return, even though it slightly changes her character from the old timeline (meaning, she'd be already a Lin Kuei student despite that she wasn't in the old time line).

But I definitely want them to take their time with this next game. That's my biggest wish of all. I just want them to make the next game even better than 2011's. I really liked it and had hardly any complaints. Basically the only complaint I had was that I wished the scene where Sindel is killing everyone lasted a bit longer (so that it looked like the heroes had some sort of a chance rather than a one-hit kill that got delivered to them).

There's more but I am totally exhausted from shoveling snow and knocking icicles down from my gutters. I can always come back and add more to this list.

Yeahhhhhhhh.

If the story continued after Armageddon, I would've expected Kira (turned good), Kobra (turned good), Li Mei, and Taven to be the heroes of the MK after the events of MKA. Shujinko, Fujin, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, and/or Kung Lao can be the leader/s of the heroes, replacing Raiden. Raiden can go to the Heavens and join the other Elder Gods. Kitana can be the queen and protector of Edenia with Jade by her side still. The main villain can be Daegon post MKA with other new villains. Scorpion can join the heroes as well as Kuai Liang. Sonya dies but before that, Kira joins the Special Forces and gets her high rank, eventually taking place of Sonya Blade. Kobra can either be the love interest of Kira (if not blood related) or can just be a very good martial artist. I'd also expected Dhelia and Argus to be playable in that game.

Well, those were my thoughts if the game didn't reboot.

If the story continued after Armageddon, I would've expected Kira (turned good), Kobra (turned good), Li Mei, and Taven to be the heroes of the MK after the events of MKA. Shujinko, Fujin, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, and/or Kung Lao can be the leader/s of the heroes, replacing Raiden. Raiden can go to the Heavens and join the other Elder Gods. Kitana can be the queen and protector of Edenia with Jade by her side still. The main villain can be Daegon post MKA with other new villains. Scorpion can join the heroes as well as Kuai Liang. Sonya dies but before that, Kira joins the Special Forces and gets her high rank, eventually taking place of Sonya Blade. Kobra can either be the love interest of Kira (if not blood related) or can just be a very good martial artist. I'd also expected Dhelia and Argus to be playable in that game.

The whole idea of continuing after Armageddon though would have been sort of a clean slate. I think there should just be very few characters left after the events of Armageddon. In fact Im thinking Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero would survive because they're staples and Noob Saibot would replace Shinnok as ruler of the netherrealm. Also leave one edenian alive because they hardly age like Kitana or Jade. Shang Tsung could live too because hes an evil bastard like that. Everyone else dead.lol. In my scenario Raiden was reborn and by the time he reaches 30 he is the new Liu Kang basically.

The whole idea of continuing after Armageddon though would have been sort of a clean slate. I think there should just be very few characters left after the events of Armageddon. In fact Im thinking Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero would survive because they're staples and Noob Saibot would replace Shinnok as ruler of the netherrealm. Also leave one edenian alive because they hardly age like Kitana or Jade. Shang Tsung could live too because hes an evil bastard like that. Everyone else dead.lol. In my scenario Raiden was reborn and by the time he reaches 30 he is the new Liu Kang basically.

This (except about Raiden's rebirth) plus having Kitana as Queen of Edenia would be awesome. Also, in my scenario, Raiden would still be the leader of forces of light. I'm basing my scenario on the MKA intro. I'd have Li Mei be a female hero but since she died in MKA, Kitana can keep that spot instead.

So here is how it'd be laid out.

Forces of Light:
Raiden
Scorpion
Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang)
Taven (Replacing Liu Kang)
Queen Kitana
Jade
Khameleon
Argus
Delia

Forces of Darkness:
Noob Saibot
Daegon
Shao Kahn
Onaga
Kira
Kobra
Shang Tsung
Reptile
Quan Chi

Rivalries:

Raiden and Khameleon vs Shao Kahn and Reptile
Taven vs Daegon
Sub-Zero and Scorpion vs Noob Saibot and Quan Chi
Kitana and Jade vs Kira and Kobra
Delia and Argus vs Shang Tsung and Onaga

Last edited:

These "what if" post-Armageddon scenarios are good, but the fact remains that MK9 rebooted after Armageddon.
Raiden was trying to prevent those events from ever happening, with lots of casualties along the way.
So, now with this new timeline, how will those old timeline (MK4 thru MK: D) events happen now in MK10?

These "what if" post-Armageddon scenarios are good, but the fact remains that MK9 rebooted after Armageddon.
Raiden was trying to prevent those events from ever happening, with lots of casualties along the way.
So, now with this new timeline, how will those old timeline (MK4 thru MK: D) events happen now in MK10?

Frost will replace Subzero,

Kai will replace Lui and Kung,

Tanya will replace Jade and Kitana,

Jaraek "may" replace Kano.

Noob "could" return but the way the soulnado turned blue I think it suggested he was torn apart.

I think they might use a number of the characters from MK 4-6. Though they may decide to go in a new direction. I think the idea was reboot and re-write.

I hope Ashrah and Dairou and Havik come back. I also hope they decide to make frost like an apprentice of the SZ's or maybe even a younger sister. I would be ok with her being the new Sub-zero.

Darrius, Kobra, and Kira need not come back at all! they all sucked!!