Your wishlist for MK10

Related. It shows another great series catering to suck ass players. Simply put, if your skills are trash, your rewards should be trash too

Performing fatalities never took any special skills to begin with. Just place your character in the right position, key in the inputs, and you have your fatality. The older MKs were more strict on time and distance, but it's not difficult as people are making it out to be.

Discovering fatality input was like a terribly-designed puzzle where the players are left to take wild guesses rather than critically thinking about the problem presented to them.

Last edited:
It took more excecution. Not only was the fatality timer considerably shorter, the input windows were also very tight.
You couldn't pause the game and look for the inputs.

MKDA or Deception. I remember one of them adding a Fatality stance that made it easier to execute because it prevented movement. The drawback though is the stance text stayed on the screen. Posing as a reminder that you couldn't do it on your own. I think that pausing during the timer should immediately cause the opponent to fall over.

I am actually okay with a somewhat tighter window. Punishing the player who attempts to pause during the timer is also okay. However, keeping the finishers out out of the movelist completely, is only going to be exciting for players with OCD tendencies.

It took more excecution. Not only was the fatality timer considerably shorter, the input windows were also very tight.
You couldn't pause the game and look for the inputs.

MKDA or Deception. I remember one of them adding a Fatality stance that made it easier to execute because it prevented movement. The drawback though is the stance text stayed on the screen. Posing as a reminder that you couldn't do it on your own. I think that pausing during the timer should immediately cause the opponent to fall over.

what if they pause right before the last hit like before "finish him" and look at the move list?

Last edited:
It would be so deadly and gruesome if MK10 had a continue screen like this

Instead of being thrown into a pit of spikes, you should get tossed into a lava, acid, laser patterns or a fan. Unlike MK4, if you press start, you will fall into a portal that teleports you for safety.

It would be so deadly and gruesome if MK10 had a continue screen like this

Instead of being thrown into a pit of spikes, you should get tossed into a lava, acid, laser patterns or a fan. Unlike MK4, if you press start, you will fall into a portal that teleports you for safety.

I'd want it to be like in the "Test Your Balance" of MK for the PS Vita where the character falls on a random death trap after the player loses.

Or...

I'd want the character to end up in Netherrealm and be torn apart by demons.

Earthrealm:

Raiden
Bo Rai Cho
Elder Sub Zero
Le Mei
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Cyrax
Shujinko
Kai
Liu Kang
Kenshi
-
Outworld:

Mileena
Skarlet
Baraka
Reptile
Kano
Sektor
Sheeva
Ermac
Tanya
Rain
-
Netherrealm:

Sindel
Scorpion
Kung Lao
Stryker
Jax
Kitana
Jade
Smoke
Kabal
Nightwolf
Cyber Sub Zero

(All netherealm fighters except Quan Chi are available in both undead and hero versions as selectable costumes/DLC)
-
Nonplayable/story mode only:

Quan Chi
Shinnok
Goro
Kintaro
Fujin
Tsu Hao
Jarek
Frost
Onaga
-
(Boss Fights)

Goro/Kintaro/Sheeva (3 on 1 handicap)
Nightwolf(werewolf mode)
Smoke (enera)
Sindel (super powered)
Jax/Kitana/Jade/Kabal/Stryker/Kung Lao (5 on 2 handicap)
Shinnok (demon mode) (non DLC)
Quan Chi (powered up)
-
DLC:

Zombie Goro
Fire God Liu Kang
Ghost Shang Tsung
Extra Skins*

*each playable character would have 3 different skins available with added DLC- The living characters get 1 netherrealm skin while the undead characters get one additional hero skin

Ps4 exclusive: Pinhead (from Hellraiser)

XBox 1 exclusive: Spawn

-
Stages:

Sky Temple

Netherrealm Gladiatorial Arena

Chamber of Souls

Satanic Cathedral

Pandemonium

Reptile's Lair

Shinnok's Throne Room

Wu Shi Academy

Lin Kuei Temple

Goro's Palace

Outworld Swamp

Dream Realm

Botan Jungle

Edenian Ruins

Warriors' Memorial Shrine

Nexus of the Elder Gods
-

Finishers:

Each Kharacter has 5 fatalities. (2 unlockable fatalities are in the krypt for each playable kharacter)

X Rays should return and be more gruesome than ever

All stages except Wu Shi Academy has a stage fatality

Brutalities can be performed as well, your victim doesn't explode into bloody chunks but the beat down shown is extremely severe, bloody, gut wrenching and brutal in a way that the kharacter visibly dies on screen from the beating

Weapons can be found at stages and can be used on your opponents.

No Babalities

No Friendships

No Animalities

-------------------
Match Types:

1 on 1 match (online)- "You can play Mortal Kombat with a friend in Vietnam and you can opt to wager your in game koinage online against your buddy. if you lose, you lose koins but if you win, you win koins

Handicap matches- 2 on 1, 3 on 1, 4 on 2, 5 on 2, 6 on 2.

1 on 1 match- you vs. in game AI

Shinnoks Wheel of Fate- You lose a 1 on 1 match you must spin Shinnok's Wheel of Fate, where the wheel lands is what fate awaits your kharacter (drowned in blood, torn apart by demons, eaten by zombies, soul drained, head crushed open with stones etc. etc. It's up to the wheel to decide)

2 on 2 tag matches- don't need to explain further

VS. Mode- You vs your friend offline...for bragging rights
------------------

Challenge Tower:

500 levels-

Includes Test Your Might, Test Your Sight and Test Your Luck

also includes Handicap matches, timed matches, explosive matches and matches where your kharacter's health drains as you fight

Some stages of challenge tower will have preconditions that need to be met within the alotted time slot or else the match would be lost

Endgame:

The engame consists of you playing as both Reptile and Mileena, objective is to fight and defeat Smoke, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Kitana, Jade, Jax, Scorpion and Sub Zero in one round. The swapped out kharacter's health cannot regenerate.

If you win the handicap match as Mileena, you are to perform a fatality on Kitana.

If you win as Reptile, you perform a fatality on Liu Kang.

And finally, you have to battle a God Mode Raiden with your combined remaining health, this will be very difficult but worth it if you win.

Main prizes are Primal(de-evolved) Reptile (earned on Easy), Topless Kitana, Sonya and Jade costumes :D (earned on Medium) and 500,000 koins (earned on Hard)

-------------

Regarding Koinage:

Koins can be used to unlock goodies in the krypt such as concept art, behind the scenes videos of making the game AND the Legacy series, etc.

In the Nekropolis menu Koins can be used to upgrade your kombatants' abilities such as speed, strength, stamina, focus, accuracy

Koins can be earned in story mode, challenge tower, the krypt, Shinnok's wheel of fate and online via the wager system

-

That's my final wish list.

^

Goro/Kintaro/Sheeva (Endurance)
Nightwolf(werewolf mode)
Smoke (enera)
Sindel (super powered)
Jax/Kitana/Jade/Kabal/Stryker/Kung Lao (Undead. Endurance.)
Shinnok (demon mode) (non DLC)
Quan Chi (powered up)

This idea I like and should be in arcade and story mode.

Also add...
Sareena, Kia, and Jataaka endurance battle.
Human Size Blaze
Moloch

The dead MK9 characters mentioned above, Blaze, Moloch, Kia, and Jataaka would still not be playable though.

And these could be fought when the arcade ladder has different levels. (Novice, Warrior, Master, etc.)

Endurance will just be one round.

Whoa whoa why do you wanna get rid of Quan Chi? y'all can't just strip away characters that have already been implemented in (2011)...

It would serve no purpose to remove.

Here is my MK10 playable roster again...

* Scorpion
* Mileena
* Johnny Cage
* Raiden
* Sonya
* Baraka
* Reptile
* Ermac
* Cyrax
* Sektor
* Kano
* Sheeva
* Quan Chi
* Skarlet
* Kenshi
* Rain
* Tanya
* Shinnok (Unlockable Boss)
* Kai
* Jarek
* Reiko
* Fujin
* Bo Rai Cho
* Li Mei
* Frost
* Mavado
* Hsu Hao
* Drahmin
* Sareena
* Kia
* Jataaka
* Ashrah
* Havik
* Nitara
* Hotaru
* Shujinko
* Goro (Unlockable)
* Kintaro (Unlockable)
* Liu Kang (Unlockable)
* Sub-Zero (Unlockable. Primary = Human. Secondary = Cyborg.)

DLC:
* Tremor
* Daegon
* The woman in Jade's MK9 ending.
* Khameleon
* Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw. Without Nick's head.)
* Rayne (Bloodrayne)

Arcade battle should have different levels like Novice, Warrior, Master and etc.

Novice Bosses:
- Shinnok (2 forms; human and demon.)
- Quan Chi and Sareena (Tag Battle)
- Kia and Jataaka (Tag Battle)
- Moloch

Warrior:
- Everyone at Novice
- Goro and Kintaro (Tag Battle)
- Human Size Blaze

Master:
- Everyone at Warrior
- Motaro (Undead slave of Quan Chi.)
- Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Sindel, Jade, Kitana, Kabal, Jax, Stryker, CSZ, and Smoke (All in a 1 round endurance battle.)

Edit:

If MK9 had this type of costume customization, the first thing I would've fixed was Kitana's primary outfit!!!

I want this type of customization for MK10!

Last edited:
I'd love to see more customisation available for characters. I think it'd be pretty rad to customise everyone's outfits and the like.

And I'd like Mileena as Empress but that's just me. :-D

I'd love to see more customisation available for characters. I think it'd be pretty rad to customise everyone's outfits and the like.

And I'd like Mileena as Empress but that's just me. :-D

That'd be brilliant!

I'd want to put modern, earthrealm clothes on Edenians such as denim short, shorts. ;)

That'd be brilliant!

I'd want to put modern, earthrealm clothes on Edenians such as denim short, shorts. ;)

Yeah, definitely. I'm not talking customisation on the scale of SoulCalibur V, exactly, but to customise existing characters would be nice. I've never been into creating my own characters, but I'd love to be able to pick different outfits. It does get a bit boring constantly using the same outfits.

id love it if fatalities can be done wile in kombat ( kind of like x-rays)instead of the end of round 2. think about it for a moment. imagine getting your opponents meter very low than wim bam boom pull a fataility and win in the first round. it could make it more challenging knowing your opponent can fatality you whenever they please.

id also love to see more interactive stages preferably new

id love it if nitara got a new look and i would love it if fujin is thrown in .

if possible bring back tag team and introduce tag team fatalities

get rid of the kombat koin system and have unlocks be a reward for mastering specific kombos

Yeah, definitely. I'm not talking customisation on the scale of SoulCalibur V, exactly, but to customise existing characters would be nice. I've never been into creating my own characters, but I'd love to be able to pick different outfits. It does get a bit boring constantly using the same outfits.

Oh yes!

But, I also want to create my own character even if it's one slot only.

@TAZZMISSION: I want all fatalities done at the last round. I HATED how characters get slain and dismembered in the first round from deathtraps and go back to life in the next round before in MKD-MKA.

But you do have a good point. I think fatalities can done while the opponent's health is on danger and when the player's super meter is full instead of waiting for "Finish Him/Her". The fatality can be activated when pressing one specific button first that would hit the opponent. Then, the player will be given a timer to put in the finisher combination (very similar to MKSM). If NRS doesn't want it like this, I'd want a new fighting game with this type of system.

I'd love to see Fujin in too, but I hated that kombo reward system in MKvsDC.
I got bored as hell with it after doing 2 characters, and didn't really bother with it.

The Koin system can stay, but I'd like to see different kolored koins, like in Deception and Deadly Alliance to be used in The Krypt again.
Hell, I'd love to see koffins with different kolored koins and some koffins with no koins coming back too.
The MK: DA Krypt was by fan the funnest Krypt ever in an MK game, and I remember spending HOURS at a time unlocking stuff in the Krypt and going through koffins.
I loved that Midway got so creative in DA when it came the the Krypt.
Stuff like "Cooking with Scorpion" was just so hilarious and entertaining, and it wasn't all only stick figures and costumes like the Krypt in MK9.

IMO, The Krypt needs the BIGGEST overhaul for MK10.

I'd love to see Fujin in too, but I hated that kombo reward system in MKvsDC.
I got bored as hell with it after doing 2 characters, and didn't really bother with it.

The Koin system can stay, but I'd like to see different kolored koins, like in Deception and Deadly Alliance to be used in The Krypt again.
Hell, I'd love to see koffins with different kolored koins and some koffins with no koins coming back too.
The MK: DA Krypt was by fan the funnest Krypt ever in an MK game, and I remember spending HOURS at a time unlocking stuff in the Krypt and going through koffins.
I loved that Midway got so creative in DA when it came the the Krypt.
Stuff like "Cooking with Scorpion" was just so hilarious, and it wasn't all mainly stick figures like the Krypt in MK9.

IMO, The Krypt needs the BIGGEST overhaul for MK10.

Agree! I'd love to watch parodies and music videos from some if not all characters. I want music videos similar to Rihanna's "Pour It Up" and Britney Spears' "Work B**ch".

Agree! I'd love to watch parodies and music videos from some if not all characters. I want music videos similar to Rihanna's "Pour It Up" and Britney Spears' "Work B**ch".

LOL.
Thanks, but I was thinking more along the lines of unlocking some of the "dead" MK9 characters in the Krypt, since they ARE DEAD.
(i.e.) Sub-Zero and Liu Kang don't have to be in the storyline, but unlocking them in the Krypt makes the most sense, to me.

Where else do you find dead people?
In the cemetery (In the MK universe, The Krypt).

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Doesn't anyone notice this?

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

Hell, maybe they can even do the 676 koffins again.
Sub Zero's koffin can be "SZ."
Liu Kang's koffin can be "LK."
and so on.......

Last edited: